- Best answers
Welcome to the Floris Mod Pack. This is a combination of a lot of good mods created by the community, bringing them all together and enhancing your gameplay experience.
Originally this pack started as a side project of my After Action Report (AAR) Me, Floris, but soon it had grown into a very full package in its own right. Due to all the different mods and features this pack has grown quite large in size, and asks a lot from your computer. To make Floris available to as much people as possible, we made several different versions:
- Basic: This is just Native gameplay with some added music, sounds and items. If want to play Native with a little extra, this version is the one for you!
- Gameplay: This version is a downgraded version of Expanded, allowing people with lower computer specifications to still experience Floris.
- Expanded: This version contains everything Floris has to offer.
- Dev Suite: If you're a modder yourself and you'd wish to fiddle with Floris, this is what you need: the source and all resources you'll need to build your own version(s).
Here are some general notes:
- Since Floris is quite large, it might strain slower pc's. If Expanded tends to run slow on your machine, you might try the Gameplay or Basic version.
- Because of this enormous size, the loading time of the mod is longer than you are used to. Have patience!
- The basic version is compatible with any native savegame. Gameplay and Expanded are NOT savegame compatible with Native or any older version of Floris.
- If you have any request for an additional mod to be added, just head to the Suggestion topic, and I'll see what I can arrange for the next version.
- If you discover a bug, you can report it in the bug topic.
- If you need help or if you run across problems, you should first read the FAQ. If no solution is provided over there, you can always ask at the support topic.
- If you want to use this pack in your own mod, you'll have to ask the authors of each mod in this pack for their permission (check the respective topics!). For the stuff created by me: you can use it as long as you give credit. It would be nice to let me know you've used it.
- Always make a backup of your native files, so you can easily revert back if you want to.
To get an impression of the pack, you might have a look at the screenshot topic. Here's an impression:
There are new troop trees. You can view them in the game, but you can also view them here:
Native troop trees: