Lazeras Modified Version now edited for 2.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Since I was pointed to the source files for this mod I have tried to integrate the suggestions I made in the suggestion thread into the source code. Attached are both the modified source and a compiled version of it. Hopefully this helps in whether or not my suggestions are includable in the mod proper.
Thanks to the jenerosity of monnikje i was allowed to get the source a littel early so here are the new edited versions for 2.3

New Revisied versions available new menus new banking report and serval bugs fixed, included the salt mine menu which i forgot to do.
Also new extended damage system included. Is alpha and proof of concept for consideration.
We also bring a new village improvement the barracks. allows a chance to recruit a slightly better troop than peasants.
And finaly a alpha stage release fro merchat types to be able to level from making profitable transactions.

Compiled text files
http://www.easy-share.com/1913691386/Floris+Expanded+Mod+Pack+2.3.rar

Documentation of changes also seperated.
http://www.easy-share.com/1913654622/Changes Raw.docx

Source Files
Expanded Mod Pack 2.3 Source.rar

Expanded Mod Pack 2.2 Source Implemented Suggestions.rar [url=http://www.easy-share.com/1913654645/Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.3 Source.rar[/url]  Source Files
Expanded Mod Pack 2.2.rar [url=http://www.easy-share.com/1913541329/Floris]http://www.easy-share.com/1913541329/Floris
Compiled needs the Expanded Mod Pack 2.2 to work make copy of Expanded Mod Pack 2.2 rename to something then extract rar contents and overwrite all files.
The following items are integrated into the source
·        BANK OF CALANDRIA only capitals get banks. Interest and debt calculation are linked to centers prosperity
·        morale penalty Calculation based on troops quality
·        Working in the Salt Mine + Slave Labour 
·        Lancers Backup weapon also archer gets sword
·        Join any side
·        Bandit bribery
·        Buy troops drinks
·        Arena Spar your men
·        Forced Recruits (Edited by Lazeras)
·        New
·        Companion overview
·        Tavern Keeper buy prisoners
·        Combat Abilities Kit
·        Expanded dialog system kit (v1.0)
·        Mercenary wages
·        Recruit To Tier Troops
·        Expanded nobility title system kit  (have had to exclude player any change defaults name to “Player” no idea why)
Broken cant get to work ·        Duel Kit v0.5 released
·        Troop Ratio Bar (cant get it to work properly wont toggle) code in source tho
·        Source code of Restoration
·        Improving the auto resolve system (problems knowing how to intergrate properly)
Several of them could be vastly improved but I lack the knowledge on how to make the changes

pada said:
this is awesome I hope they add this stuff to 2.3 :smile:

Hehe 2.4 is more likely, 2.3 will be released this week. :wink:

Oh and great work lazeras! We were going to add your suggestions, but havent gotten around to it, because we created some new features ourselves (some you will already see in 2.3). So your contribution definetely sped up the development of the pack :smile:

We highly appreciate that :wink:

I figured you would be busy doing your current planned additions but had no idea what they were :razz: . I had hoped that by trying to implement them it would help you intergrate them later on.
On a side note i know you have the suggestion forum but maybe a post as to the planned changes would be nice. That way people would know to look at other things than what is already being included

Great work Lazeras, and many thanks for the document you've added to the source-files :smile:. As Duh said, this won't be featured in 2.3 yet, but this will certainly help 2.4.

Duh said:
Hehe 2.4 is more likely, 2.3 will be released this week. :wink:

Yes!

Duh said:
2.3 will be released this week. :wink:

YES!

Duh said:
this week. :wink:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Ontopic: These are some nice features, not all are THAT needed, but whatever suits others. I just hope we won't approach a point, when the game will be more like Total War, or when micro-management will be all over the place.

Kane the Flesheater said:
Ontopic: These are some nice features, not all are THAT needed, but whatever suits others. I just hope we won't approach a point, when the game will be more like Total War, or when micro-management will be all over the place.
I don't think there is any danger of that. Most of the additions are very optional. You don't need them to succeed, but it is helpful, and many of just UI improvements, added features, and role-play additions.

This mod did not like me using my modified troop trees. they work fine with floris 2.3 but when I copied your files in and then put my troop and party templates over it things got ugly - mystic merchant was replaced by T6 khergit, swadian sargeant with no equipment, etc.

pada said:
This mod did not like me using my modified troop trees. they work fine with floris 2.3 but when I copied your files in and then put my troop and party templates over it things got ugly - mystic merchant was replaced by T6 khergit, swadian sargeant with no equipment, etc.

Both of those files have recieved custom changes to implement some of the listed features. By writing over the existing files ur changing some required things

In my mod, I have added the option to work in the Salt Mine as a way to earn some extra gold. It works basically the same as resting in a town, but the player earns gold instead of losing it.

EDIT: With no troops, the player gets 5 gold per day. With 10 troops, the player gets 45 gold per day. The player may randomly find new salt, iron, silver, gold, or mineral deposits, thus increasing his pay for that day. However, while mining you can be attacked and there is the possibility that you and/or your troops may be injured by cave-ins. It is also possible some of your troops may be killed.

EDIT 2: I have now included the option to put your prisoners to work in the Salt Mine. After putting prisoners to work in the salt mine, you will earn gold based on the number of prisoners working.

EDIT 3: There is now a chance that some prisoners will escape, but you can station troops to help prevent it from happening. The script isn't perfect yet, but here is what I have so far:
see http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,58846.msg1520931.html#msg1520931  is the source thread

I tried downloading this to 2.3 and it all seems to work except for the salt mines. There is no menu there it just lets me enter the mine and thats it. I was a bit confused about the instructions. Did i miss something?

The features look great but I'm having issues either finding the features in game or I'm not installing it properly  :oops:

In the case that I'm an idiot and can't find the new features:
1) Is the option for working salt mines in the main menu of every town?
2) Is the bank menu accessible from the main town menu?
      2a) If a faction has only 1 town, by default would it be their capital? (stupid question, but just eliminating possibilities)
      2b) Every faction capital has a bank correct? (how do you tell if its their capital or not?)

In the case that I didn't install it properly, this is what I did:
1) I made a copy of my floris mod pack to ensure I had a backup
2) I extracted the Expanded Mod Pack 2.3 Source.rar to a separate directory
3) I copied the contents inside that directory to my floris mod pack, overwriting all files (think there were ~126 overwrites?)
4) started the game, selecting the floris mod pack (not the copy)

Is everything I did correct?

Thanks in advance!

tyhe salt mine can be found near dhirm  there is only one and thats the only place u can do the work in salt mines. Second knowing the capitals it a bit of guess work 5 towns have been selected as capitals for the banking. eg praven and tulga have banks.
As for installing did you use the source rar's or the compiled version ?

I used the source files.

I forgot to mention I also added the extra line as instructed in the readme file.

What's the difference between the compiled and the source rar?

Back
Top Bottom