Cries of War Soundpack v3.0 [28/12] NEW

Users who are viewing this thread

Eisenhouwer

Knight at Arms
Something I made to spice things up a little. Feel free to use it in mods if you like.

Installing version 3.0

Native
Extract the folder "Sounds" & the file "sounds" to ...\Taleworlds\Mount&Blade 1.011\Modules\Native. Click yes to overwrite files. Open the "module" file in the Native folder and change the line "scan_module_sounds = 0" to "scan_module_sounds = 1". Run Native & enjoy!

Mod
Extract the folder "Sounds" & the file "sounds" to ...\Taleworlds\Mount&Blade 1.011\Modules\Mod. Click yes to overwrite files. Open the "module" file in the Mod folder and change the line "scan_module_sounds = 0" to "scan_module_sounds = 1". Run Mod & enjoy!
Note: As long as the sounds.txt file isn't changed in the mod you can use the soundpack together with the mod.

Cries of War v3.0 Fix http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1623

Cries of War v3.0 (for M&B 1.011) http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1619

fixes some volume issues
added & updated most of the sounds

Version 2.0 beta (for M&B 1.011) https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=953

port to 1.011
various new sounds and tweaks

Version 1.2 (for M&B 0.960)

port to 0.960

Version 1.1 (Patch v1.0 to v1.1 for M&B 0.903)

added source file
added horse walk sounds
changed bow fire sounds
changed footstep sounds
changed spear throw sounds
tweaked arrow sounds
tweaked volume of some sounds
fixed a bug

Version 1.0 (for M&B 0.903)

almost all sounds are replaced except the voices and a few others

If you have any questions, remarks, etc,... please post them here.

The horse walk sounds was something that still needed to be done. (which are now done) The bow sounds on the other hand can use an improvement. (thx for letting me now)
Right now I have a little more variation for the bow sounds. All that's left for v1.1 are the arrow sounds that need some tweaking so expect the patch somewhere next week. (if I don't come up with some other small ideas to put in)

Heres what i did:

Installed m&b 0903
game works
Installed Cries of war, RGL error Getobject failed for bo_town_house_steppe_a

I repeated the reinstall of both M&B and this sound mod, but it still gives me that error.

I especially like the sounds of bolts/arrows that miss and hit the ground or shields, as well as the clanging and charging sounds. One thing I think that need improvement is galloping cavalry. They just sound a bit muffled in the game and I'd like it to feel more thunderous. It is still a great improvement though. Great pack.

Cataphract said:
Heres what i did:

Installed m&b 0903
game works

I repeated the reinstall of both M&B and this sound mod, but it still gives me that error.
Ah, I got that, I just assumed that it was the mods I was trying to play rather than the soundpack...

Cataphract said:
Heres what i did:

Installed m&b 0903
game works

Try this -> Don't extract the 'module' file included in the soundpack's 'Modules\Native' directory but open the existing module file of Native or any mod and change this line ' scan_module_sounds = 0 ' to ' scan_module_sounds = 1'

Good to hear you like it. I will look into it on improving it further where I can so stay tuned.

Damn, i really want to try this soundpack but still cant get it to work

Ive tried having it replace native and as standalone folder, still gives the steppe horse error
Ive tried different combination of scan module textures and module sounds setttings.
it seems when i choose native in the list of mods the game mentions it is made for an older version, but i have 903 hmm...help hehe

Cataphract said:
Damn, i really want to try this soundpack but still cant get it to work

Ive tried having it replace native and as standalone folder, still gives the steppe horse error
Ive tried different combination of scan module textures and module sounds setttings.
it seems when i choose native in the list of mods the game mentions it is made for an older version, but i have 903 hmm...help hehe

Try this:
First reïnstall M&B 0.903 (123.23mb version recommanded) make sure you have a clean install. Second extract the soundpack to a map in my documents. (not yet in M&B) Third delete the files 'readme' & 'module' of the soundpack in the map of my documents. Then cut and paste the sounds in your Native sound map (not in main dir of m&b) and the 'sounds' file in your Native map. (click yes to overwrite) Finally open the 'module' file of Native and change this line ' scan_module_sounds = 0 ' to ' scan_module_sounds = 1'

I hope this works for you.

You've done a tremendous job here, Eisenhouwer. 
I didn't have very high hopes but once I got ingame, I was very much surprised at the quality of all these sounds.

Two thumbs up to your work!

Hey, I was so eager to install your soundpack that I've installed it in a native version of mount and blade.  I get the similar error that the poster above did.  Your solution is to reinstall the whole game clean, but how can I export my character if I can't even get into a menu?  I didn't export my character before, and he's fairly advanced by now.  It would be a shame if I had lost all the progress.  Any other possible solutions?  At least how to save my character?

Vlkodlak said:
Hey, I was so eager to install your soundpack that I've installed it in a native version of mount and blade.  I get the similar error that the poster above did.  Your solution is to reinstall the whole game clean, but how can I export my character if I can't even get into a menu?  I didn't export my character before, and he's fairly advanced by now.  It would be a shame if I had lost all the progress.  Any other possible solutions?  At least how to save my character?

make another install of MaB (to a different folder) and copy the sound files from there to your previous game.

Merlkir said:
Vlkodlak said:

make another install of MaB (to a different folder) and copy the sound files from there to your previous game.

Thanks...works great :].  I appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom