[B] SOUNDS of SUFFER soundmod-- Update coming soon, modder needed!--

Users who are viewing this thread

__Khanate__

Veteran
VERSION 0.8 OUT!

SOUNDS OF SUFFER

pain.jpg

Hello.

Made some new death sounds and decided to share them with you guys.

I started to mod it to the more metal sound mod, so the filenames are as man_die_blabblabllaa. Inside root sounds folder (not under modules), I found only man_death_blabba blabba files. I dont know personally much about native sounds and their names, beacuse I use mostly more metal modded sounds, so my new death grunts are intented to work alongside with it. :smile:

You can use my soundmod with native also, but you need to modify man die- names to man_death. I have not tested this, but there sould be no problem with it, I quess.
To install, just locate the modules folder and paste extracted man_die files there and overwrite originals.

These are good sounds in my opinion and gives more brutal feeling in the battlefield. They are also very clear (Recorded with zoom-h1).
Feel free to use this on any mod without permission, just add my name in the mods list.
Btw. Is it possible to make more death sounds to the game? Right now there are 32 but we could make for example 50 if it is possible. More variation is more variation.

Feedback welcome! Cheers brothers and sisters! See you on the battlefield!

Edit.

NEW 0.8 Video uploaded.
Some sounds seems repetitive, but are not so dominant in real playing. In the captured video, some sound seemed to be randomized more often. There is much variation in the game, trust me.​

Note that this mod is still in beta stage.
Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApVcAu1FEaI​

Download:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26848515/Mandie8.rar
If asks password, type: cafomoromugu

Latest release 0.8
-Made some sounds when pulling out sword
-Totally redone angry weapon swing grunts
-Some death sounds changed
-Pain yells mostly changed​

Sounds by __Khanate__ & Borgnar​

__Khanate__ said:
When we have time and painteam gathers, we make more death and pain for your pleasure. :wink:

Btw. Is it possible to make more death sounds to the game? Right now there are 32 but we could make for example 50 if it is possible. More variation is more variation.
1. Sounds creepy :lol: Is there such thing as killteam too?
2. Yes, it is possible. Even in case  game not allowing more than 32 random samples in one sound (I dunno if it is so), one can always script different death (or wound) sounds into ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded trigger

Yes, it is possible. Even in case  game not allowing more than 32 random samples in one sound (I dunno if it is so), one can always script different death (or wound) sounds into ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded trigger
Sounds good. If someone with proper understanding could assist me, it would be more than great.  We will then make some more agony and give total of 50 sounds of dying men.  Oofs of hurt and swing grunts coming too.

Hmmm. Would my wife agree to scream on the recorder?  :mrgreen:

Sweet!  I like the one where it sounds like choking/gurgling on his own blood.  This does make it sound more brutal without going over the edge and making it too cheesy.  I dig.

^Nice to hear you like it.

If you guys find some sound annoying, or if any sound is too much repeating itself (comes too much on the surface), please let me know about that. 

Thank you guys,
In the future release we will redo the wounding sounds, I noticed yesterday that it gets too comical and repetetitive. Editing demands time and sore throat. :grin:

Also, some death sounds will be remade, swing grunts also and maybe we will have enough time and throat to redo the angry charge roars.
Current version is 0.7, remember that folks! When it is diamond, it could be 1.10 or something like that. :smile:

If someone just could help with script that we can make 50 death sounds to the game, then there will not be problem with repeative sounds.

Edit.
We will also start to rework weapon impact sounds to the next release. You can expect crystal sharp sounds! This will gonna be great! :smile:

This is what I've been looking for! Holy crap! I shall download! If you ever need more voice actors to break repetitive death sounds, pm me. We can work together. =D

I'll recommend this to the GKs!

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Do you plan a brand new sound pack for final version, that would be greatly appreciated, you sure got the quality.
We can make that, but then we will make the sounds outdoors using different materials for recording and so on, so major sound mod release would be in spring \ summer. But right now we will work mostly with vocals, and next release will include total berserk charge yells.

Thank you for replies. They give motivation to continue the work.

Note that unlike most fileshare pages, you must click mandie.rar link after the page has loaded. If you have noticed this and/or page will not work for you, I can upload the file in alternate site.  :cool:

I was wandering if this deletes any native or more metal sounds... sounds or does it just add yours in. whats the maximum number of sound effects you can add anyway?

Back
Top Bottom