Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Having the corpses just adds to the immersion, when I have a huge battle between 2 armies and all that's there is 20 dead soldiers and a few horses it's extremely underwhelming

Count Delinard said:
It's not working very well right now as seen here

:/

I do believe the corpse limit setting is not being enforced in game. After seeing this thread I gave it a look out of curiosity and setting the limit to 0 doesn't work either, corpses are not being removed. This definitely sounds like something that is going to be fixed later.

Captain Obvious said:
I'd like to know the process and if the devs are near fixing this issue, not just having unlimited corpses but having the same amount of corpses as you've set which has so far been an issue.
this is correct, my max is set to 150 (which is a disappointing max to begin with) and bodies began to phase out at around 15-20ish it seems.
I want them to at least increase it to an acceptable maximum more like 500 and make it so it actually works. So far taleworlds has not commented on this suggestion and i would appreciate a "No" more than silence. I would fail to see the point of denying this ability to people with higher end PCs though. Especially since we know the engine is developed to handle more entities. I would hate to wait for modders to fix what is frankly an easy to fix problem that kind of ruins immersion.

Another worry is how the 150 max corpse limit will look on a spread out battlefield with the new increased map sizes. If you look at this SS, it looks like bodies further away don't disappear, if that's the case, at the end of a massive battle like this, the aftermath will be too outstretched and small scale, killing the immersion of a massive battle.

HOVzeZA.jpg

idkdan said:
Another worry is how the 150 max corpse limit will look on a spread out battlefield with the new increased map sizes. If you look at this SS, it looks like bodies further away don't disappear, if that's the case, at the end of a massive battle like this, the aftermath will be too outstretched and small scale, killing the immersion of a massive battle.

HOVzeZA.jpg
That's exactly what I'm saying, if I'm not mistaken they said the battles were going to have something like 1000 units on the field. 150 corpse limit does not accurately depict the carnage of a battle that size. It was the same problem with viking conquest where 700 troops would clash but all you had afterwards was an empty field with like one small pile of bodies but the entire field is littered with shields and spears. Not only does that ruin immersion but also seeing a body disappear before your very eyes is not only arcade like but also immersion killing.

Kribble118 said:
idkdan said:

HOVzeZA.jpg
That's exactly what I'm saying, if I'm not mistaken they said the battles were going to have something like 1000 units on the field. 150 corpse limit does not accurately depict the carnage of a battle that size. It was the same problem with viking conquest where 700 troops would clash but all you had afterwards was an empty field with like one small pile of bodies but the entire field is littered with shields and spears. Not only does that ruin immersion but also seeing a body disappear before your very eyes is not only arcade like but also immersion killing.
Agreed. I haven't a clue about development of games and how things work, but when I see a game like total war, you can have thousands of units and every single corpse remains in the battle without effecting performance, so it makes me wonder  why is M&B still so limited to such small numbers like 150, ofcourse the units are more detailed but surely they can reach numbers like 500 corpses. Maybe i'm just missing something though.

Back
Top Bottom