Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

To my knowledge, patches to consoles require certification of some kind. So it naturally takes a bit more time to upload new patches to consoles.
Thank you, do you know if this process is long after the others or a matter of days (trying so hard not to buy a new game before Xmas)

Thank you, do you know if this process is long after the others or a matter of days (trying so hard not to buy a new game before Xmas)
Cheats (the 15 cheats shown in the announcement video in June) and birth and death aging options are available on playstation at least. I played it last night. Its epic.

Taleworlds are GOATED. It's all I ever wanted!

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds This is from patch 1.2.7. Day 200 when the economy has stabilized and no wars going on. Why would anyone spend 20k-30k to make that type of money. Been asking for 12 months for them to get some work done and nothing has been done. Why are they being ignored?? **Awesome Wool weavery mostly made 0 for over a month**

qo-7I.jpg

Last edited:
@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds This is from patch 1.2.7. Day 200 when the economy has stabilized and no wars going on. Why would anyone spend 20k-30k to make that type of money. Been asking for 12 months for them to get some work done and nothing has been done. Why are they being ignored?? **Awesome Wool weavery mostly made 0 for over a month**

Are you the same Flesson who's made economy guides on YouTube? I wanted to thank you since making money off of workshops and caravans seemed... impossible, before I watched your videos and adjusted what I was doing.

I've only recently returned to the game and have found Velvet Dyeworks an interesting investment since you can get Raw Silk for less than 10 per unit and convert them 1-1 to Velvet via the Dyeworks. Although I've experienced the same problems you outlined with production halting (still trying to figure out a good "hoard in warehouse/sell to market" ratio) I've also found it a cheap way to get dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) of Velvets with a few of these operating with polite distance between them. Even if I sell the velvets cheaply for ~100 silvers, it's a good input/output financially.

Having said this, while I enjoy messing with the economy, I am inclined to agree that a bit of economic adjustment on TW's end would be appreciated since this is not really a passive revenue stream so much as it is a cheap way to mass produce luxury goods to sell abroad (while not getting any Trade XP either).

I'm still trying to figure out what good workshops to run are since it seems like cheap stuff (beer and the like) is more stable but also more flooded and might require more micro for less bottom line result than luxuries such as Velvet. If I can find a cheap source of Silver Ore then Jewelers might be good as well.

Are you the same Flesson who's made economy guides on YouTube? I wanted to thank you since making money off of workshops and caravans seemed... impossible, before I watched your videos and adjusted what I was doing.

I've only recently returned to the game and have found Velvet Dyeworks an interesting investment since you can get Raw Silk for less than 10 per unit and convert them 1-1 to Velvet via the Dyeworks. Although I've experienced the same problems you outlined with production halting (still trying to figure out a good "hoard in warehouse/sell to market" ratio) I've also found it a cheap way to get dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) of Velvets with a few of these operating with polite distance between them. Even if I sell the velvets cheaply for ~100 silvers, it's a good input/output financially.

Having said this, while I enjoy messing with the economy, I am inclined to agree that a bit of economic adjustment on TW's end would be appreciated since this is not really a passive revenue stream so much as it is a cheap way to mass produce luxury goods to sell abroad (while not getting any Trade XP either).

I'm still trying to figure out what good workshops to run are since it seems like cheap stuff (beer and the like) is more stable but also more flooded and might require more micro for less bottom line result than luxuries such as Velvet. If I can find a cheap source of Silver Ore then Jewelers might be good as well.
that is me, ive been covering workshops and caravans since 1.5.10 early access giving the devs all the data in the hopes they would help them out, but after the 1.8 economy change and nearly doubling the price for shops they have practically destroyed them as money makers. I am doing testing right now for 1.2.7 and a couple look decent so I plan to make a video for them. But word of warning, workshops after 2 years are still terrible and no help from the devs. It's easier just to stick to make millions smithing since we can cheese millions a month smithing while shops might make you 5000 in the same time frame. Caravans aren't much better, tiny bit buy still need help. Caravans, workshops, economy and trade are really my specialties. Fighting and tactics i lack in

It's a shame that workshops are still so dog**** after 1,5 (I think) years. Some workshops like the wood workshop have been worthless for years and some like the wool weavery are broken (as in they literally have no outputs).

Your suggestion of reverting the prices back to roughly 15k would actually do wonders on their RoI, and if they fixed the broken ones, I would even dare to call workshops "good enough" (but if they also fixed deflationary period in the first 2 years it would be great as well).

Also, when it comes to the economy and the general gameplay loop, the Trade skill itself does jack **** in improving the profitability of your and your caravans' trades. TW should really jack up the improvement the trade skill makes to the buying and selling prices, and put the level 300 perk to level 275 or even 250.

that is me, ive been covering workshops and caravans since 1.5.10 early access giving the devs all the data in the hopes they would help them out, but after the 1.8 economy change and nearly doubling the price for shops they have practically destroyed them as money makers. I am doing testing right now for 1.2.7 and a couple look decent so I plan to make a video for them. But word of warning, workshops after 2 years are still terrible and no help from the devs. It's easier just to stick to make millions smithing since we can cheese millions a month smithing while shops might make you 5000 in the same time frame. Caravans aren't much better, tiny bit buy still need help. Caravans, workshops, economy and trade are really my specialties. Fighting and tactics i lack in
Seems like weapon smithing is an easy way to make lots of money since I keep seeing and hearing it mentioned, but that makes me even more leary of trying it for myself since I didn't like the grind of it when I first tried it blind for a week or so near the start of this yea.

I've enjoyed the trade side of these games since I got into Warband on PS4, so I've always been interested in it in Bannerlod what with YouTuber Halcyon even making a let's play/guide of the style concluding with buying out the world. Certainly an appealing goal for the Trade skill at any rate, but I know Workshops do nothing for it (although Caravans do, apparently, not sure if it always did since I recall that being a 1.1 change).

I'm braced for impact but with 2 years of my "hoarding velvet" strategy I've managed to stabilize income from Workshops well enough that they're not costing me anything while providing hundreds of velvet units per year. Considering the very cheap cost of Raw Silk, I'd tempted to say I've found a good niche for Workshops as suppliers of cheap luxury goods to be sold abroad and 50% "hold in storage" for Velvet seems to do all right in limiting halted production and avoiding going under 10,000 capital. Caravans have been surprisingly solid; I remember on 1.0 losing my first caravan and losing loads of money with it and avoiding it for a long while and dabbling in 1.1 before waiting for the current patch to make it to PS4. Now, I've got 2 going for 2 years now, and the first has long since paid its cost of construction and is just pure profit keeping me in the black (or green, lol) with a second one seeming to do all right in the last year or so it's been running. Note that I've begun all this roughly 1 year into the playthrough, or somewhere around 1185, and I'm noting this in Summer 1187.

I'm interested in seeing how buying out local velvet dyewoks and converting them to (anything else) before selling them might bolster their value since I'm interested in a long term business-focused playthrough until my clan's wealthy enough to either enroll as a vassal with deep pockets or, one way or another, skip vassalage and become a ruler through the power of money! Failing that, it's nice to have a huge bank account earned from global tourism and minimal risk to my character's life lol.

Also, thank you for advocating on this side of Bannerlod to the developers since it's probably a relatively niche side of gameplay compared to the more conventional loop of fighting battles to accumulate power and wealth. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that.

I am making one last attempt to get TW to fix them after 2 years of begging for help sending data and messages with suggestions. I fear though it will come down to me having to "donate" to a modders time to get it right since they refuse to work with me or even talk to me anymore. I have done all I can. Its in their hands now. I still have data dating back to 1.5.10, in May 2021 that I have given them every patch till live in the hopes they will help with them. But with the data I have collected after 10 hours so far, people will see how bad they are. Like caravans, they are worse than early access with doesnt day much for a company when your early access features are more stable than full release

Back
Top Bottom