Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim ?️ said:
8Q2tj.jpg
rjtZw.jpg
n26uV.jpg
tM5g7.jpg
ES5Xp.jpg

Some old unlimited corpses screens (sorry they're a bit dark).

SOmething else to think about immersion-wise: churned mud from repeated troop movement. Always felt bit weird after a big battle for the field to still be lush green.

Maybe be able to do some trickery for performance like have low poly dead bodies when the player is in range and maybe even some generic 'corpse' sprite that is used when the player is farther away from it though I guess that might suck as you'd need one per troop/weapon type. Turn the ragdolls off though cause that'll kill it for sure.  But yeah I always liked the 'aftermath' pictures where the heavy fighting was and the scattered bodies from fleeing troops and the like.

Doesn't that apply with living troops as well? LoDs and all?

Ra'Jiska said:
I'd even go further and say that it would be great if we could have interactions with corpses (like being able to hit them, having them to move upon hit, etc...).

It could be quite useful for situations where a soldier dies and the guy behind him instantly hits you through the dead body. Also in multiplayer when two players swing at the same person, one person gets the kill and the other person gets a team kill.

Not to mention it would be quite brutal to have someone die in a shieldwall and have his body propped up by the tight quarters and be continually hacked at.

Another feature that could be added to this; a character who is knocked out can then be killed if a "finishing move" is preformed on the dead body.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, ragdolls will probably be handled on the client side, like I believe it was done in Warband.

I used cheat engine to do that, because the system allow only 150 corpses. It would be a nice feature, more corpses = more realism. Disappearing bodies to me is a shame in 2017, mostly for those how have powerfull pcs.

(sorry for my bad english)

Count Delinard said:
At least having the option will mean a lot, people can lower it if needed.
+1 for this!

whirring said:
I used cheat engine to do that, because the system allow only 150 corpses. It would be a nice feature, more corpses = more realism. Disappearing bodies to me is a shame in 2017, mostly for those how have powerfull pcs.

(sorry for my bad english)

When i played Warband, i using WSE ( Warband Script Enhancer ), in .ini file you can choose the corpses number -

Untitled-1.jpg

Unlimited corpses and unlimited time to decide when to leave the finished battle so you can walk paciently and gloriously through all those bodies - that would be heavenly.

Great idea.  Since we're on this topic, how about a lot of blood spray, like what you get in Dragon age with blood dripping off your plate armour and spraying everywhere?  Some arterial fountains would be nice, or at least leave it a possibility for mods. 

MadVader said:
Also make some of the corpses twitch in death throes, with death rattles. And add flies and crows pecking on them.

We'd also need widows searching the dead for their loved ones and looters cutting off fingers to get at gold rings.

Bergil said:
MadVader said:
Also make some of the corpses twitch in death throes, with death rattles. And add flies and crows pecking on them.

We'd also need widows searching the dead for their loved ones and looters cutting off fingers to get at gold rings.
Lovely, perhaps with appropriate mournful music (violins would be nice). That would stop this gloating over corpses and make the franchise more realistic and mature.

And semi dismembered corpses crawling around screaming and gurgling.  Maybe the occasional young guy screaming that he's missing his legs.  And with a high looting skill you can tell at a distance all those with shiny gold teeth waiting to be extracted. 

You know, I really do wonder why the yield of loot was always so little.  maybe its because people are colourblind and can't see stuff covered in red.

Kharille said:
You know, I really do wonder why the yield of loot was always so little.  maybe its because people are colourblind and can't see stuff covered in red.

Because your men grab most of it. That's why they only cost a fraction of the equipment price when you level them up :smile: .

Hey, but I think with unlimited corpses you'll have plenty of weapons you can use when you're in the mood right?  Maybe a 'search' command where you can access an inventory based on a 5 second search and maybe related to your loot score?

How about blood puddles where you can slip on and maybe blood ponds where you can wade through? 

Kharille said:
You know, I really do wonder why the yield of loot was always so little.

because the game tries to balance out two different kinds of economies, while still using the same currency.

think about it: a sword can cost 50k, a armour 100k. Compare that price with kingdom management (upgrades in your fiefs, recruiting and training soldiers, paying/getting ransoms, taxes from a town, etc). The numbers don't make sense.

its the [personal RPG economy] x [kingdom economy] issue.

MadVader said:
Bergil said:
MadVader said:

Lovely, perhaps with appropriate mournful music (violins would be nice). That would stop this gloating over corpses and make the franchise more realistic and mature.

That's it. Then after the battle we'll also have to organise burial detail. But I'd appreciate the tab button being available if some players find it too much to cope with.

MadVader said:
Bergil said:
MadVader said:

Although I love all those features you and your friends sarcastically proposed, Taleworlds surely want to be able to sell the game to a large audience, so gore will be limited.

There is a difference between malicious carnage adoration and requesting that bodies simply stay until the end of the battle. Games where "the bad" simply fade out feel far too arcadey to a lot of people, which is off-putting to them. There is power in the details. Games that don't try to hide the ugly often receive a lot of praise, just look at Fallout 4.

Oh, and the maturity remark... often said by those who lack maturity themselves.

Have a good one!

Yes, please! It's always fun being able to tell from a glance of the field the progression of the battle, the scenes of heaviest fighting and greatest loss.

Well, for those that don't want gore, they can replace each corpse with flowers and butterflies.
Just no dead horses, please. Horse dung is okay, though.

[quote author=Exitialis]
Oh, and the maturity remark... often said by those who lack maturity themselves.
[/quote]
But I'm mature for my age, dammit.

Back
Top Bottom