Users who are viewing this thread

+1

Agree, it makes me pretty sad that that ended up happening in my game as well. Makes the game either hopelessly impossible if youre not a member of the faction that's popping off or incredibly boring when you stomp every single faction under the sun. It's funny, in my game Sturgia, Western Empire, Southern Empire and Khuzaits have 70 soldiers each. Battania (my faction), Vlandia, and Northern Empire have between 1500-3000. Then you have the Chungus Maximus Aserai faction with 11000 soldiers. Kind of absurd, there are so many things I didn't have time to experiment with.

Hopefully TW fixes this issue sooner rather than later. This is definitely my largest problem with the game. Behind that I was kind of let down by the slowness of time. I really wanted to be aging quickly and experiencing the generational crusader kings system as that sounded super cool.

Well guys I have my own faction! (suck on this xd)

fF6Kfe2Y.PNG

But this is the rest of the world:

eJ3VNE8T.PNG

I get sieged by 30k troops :party:

Wow! That shouldn't even be possible, your game is over at that point! :xf-oops:

I'm hoping with streamers now also encountering this problem it will gain more traction and shoot up on the priority list for the developers.

Same thing happened here, first run after ~12 hours. The second i only played for 4 hours before seeing that Battania owned half the map and had 13k troops while everyone else was at around 1-2k. Just alt+f4'd and came to check if someone else have the same issues. They should definitely introduce some sort of coalition trigger, make other Clans abandon their faction due to dissatisfaction if they don't get a fief or claim independece if they gain too much. Maybe rebellions and civil unrest in conquered terroritories if they don't have a valid claim. Also the money thing would also explain a lot such as why the armies almost NEVER bring food and end up hogging all yours.

For me all are balanced for now. Maybe you take to much raiding or caravan atack and you fck economy early on! I didnt do raids on vilages or atack caravan.

This needs to be fixed. played several playthroughs untill a faction just snowballs the rest. At that point you really cant do much in the lines of playing the game, so restart. Think im gonna have to put this game down untill this is fixed.

Same here. South empire just destroyed western empire. Aserai, vlandia and strugia are mega passiv. The don't fight like betanian and empire. Khergits are down since day +-100 because of North empire. So now I have only 3 fractions who is still active and was active at all. That's only because I was balancing this three whole time with my attacks at the caravans on south empire. Without my provocation the game were at the end with 150 days thy to South empire.

I examined situation. There are several reasons for this :

1-There were so many defections. Today with new patch defection probability is decreased and defections are rare now. Do not forget during defection lords also take their settlements with them to new faction. Weak factions were losing their lords and settlements to strong ones this was not so frequent but even 1-2 in a year this was effecting huge.
2-There are lords going in financial crisis stay with no money and they cannot recruit men. (will be examined tomorrow)
3-There were big starving penalty for starving castles and towns. For each 4 missing food 1 garrison were dying. This effect is now for 8 missing food with today's patch. Because they were dying they were making sally out and losing their defensive bonus.
4-There were so many sally outs and during sally out garrisons were losing their defensive bonus. This probability is decreased with today's patch now sally outs are rare compared to previous versions.
5-Currently there is no war decleration mechanic to a very powerfull kingdom or making peace mechanic to get unite aganist most powerfull kingdom. (will be added in next months, not quick one)

I continue searching for other reasons. However do not forget in Bannerlord there is no stable world even we fix these problems one faction can rule all the world without player interaction but this should take more time like 20 years maybe. We are working on that. If you want to show you effect on world is much conquer all world earlier than 1090.

1-There were so many defections. Today with new patch defection probability is decreased and defections are rare now. Do not forget during defection lords also take their settlements with them to new faction. Weak factions were losing their lords and settlements to strong ones this was not so frequent but even 1-2 in a year this was effecting huge.
2-There are lords going in financial crisis stay with no money and they cannot recruit men. (will be examined tomorrow)
3-There were big starving penalty for starving castles and towns. For each 4 missing food 1 garrison were dying. This effect is now for 8 missing food with today's patch.
4-There were so many sally outs and during sally out garrisons were losing their defensive bonus. This probability is decreased with today's patch.
5-Currently there is no war decleration mechanic to a very powerfull kingdom or making peace mechanic to get unite aganist most powerfull kingdom. (will be added in next months, not quick one)

I continue searching for other reasons. However do not forget in Bannerlord there is no stable world even we fix these problems one faction can rule all the world without player interaction but this should take more time like 20 years maybe. We are working on that.
Great to hear devs are aware and working on this! Thank you!

It can be balanced out with player intervention. I got a 3 way tie going between battania, western empire, and khuzaites atm. But yeah, Battania, Khuzaites and all empire factions seem way to aggressive in all honesty.

Thank your for the reply!
Hopefully the problem is quelled enough without the war declaration mechanic and whenever point 2 is patched.

In my game it was the Valdians, but it's the same as everyone else has said. One faction completely rolls over the map, and it makes the game completely unplayable as there is soon no one but bandits to fight and your chosen kingdom is likely completely in ruin. I'd really like to play through a campaign..but there's just no point to starting a new character when the map will be conquered by one faction in 15 hours.

I think making peace last a few years might give factions time to rebuild after war and have ai agree to peace after a couple of keeps or towns are taken.

3-There were big starving penalty for starving castles and towns. For each 4 missing food 1 garrison were dying. This effect is now for 8 missing food with today's patch. Because they were dying they were making sally out and losing their defensive bonus.
4-There were so many sally outs and during sally out garrisons were losing their defensive bonus. This probability is decreased with today's patch now sally outs are rare compared to previous versions.

I continue searching for other reasons. However do not forget in Bannerlord there is no stable world even we fix these problems one faction can rule all the world without player interaction but this should take more time like 20 years maybe. We are working on that. If you want to show you effect on world is much conquer all world earlier than 1090.

Nice to read about. I'm one more who encounters this problem. In my case with Northern Empire(about 14k army points) Steamrolling^^(30h playtime)
I guess i wait until patch. Khuzait(5k army points), Vlandain and Aserai and maybe Sturgian(~2k points) could have a chance to replenish if the patch gives fallen back parties enough come-back potential :smile: Hopefully it works. I dont want to set up a new char and level up again :grin:

Why is the snowballing AI not even mentioned in this list?

I don't even want to bother playing the game at all, because my progress is nullified by the game ending in 20hrs of gameplay.

I can see past the bugs and performance issues for now, but come on man this is ridiculous.

How was this not noticed in QA before release? Surely somebody thought to put the game on max speed and just watch how the AI behaves. This is a deeply recurring issue and reproducible in every campaign.

Back
Top Bottom