Search results for query: *

1. Basic Siege Advice and Strategy

I just wanted to talk a bit about some basic siege strategy. I mostly play siege so it is what I know, and I see a lot of players don't really "get" siege. They often seem to treat it as battle with walls. So here is some basic advice for new players about playing siege. Feel free to add to or...
  2. Making a "kit."

So I'm currently trying to pull together a kit for the local renfest and afterward. I'd like to go for a sort of Vikingish look, but I can't invest all too much money for authenticity. So far I've got a maille shirt under construction, and I believe I am going to knit my own cloth shirt for...
  3. Holy Chamber Blocking Batman!

This is mostly just a venting thread. Sometimes I feel like the bots are ridiculously good at chamberblocking. I had a looter chamber block a lance thrust with his falchion five times in a row today. I also had one arena fight with a sword and shield user where he got 4 or 5 chamber blocks in...
  4. Modern Jousting

So I'm wondering, is there any sort of real modern jousting tournament that goes on these days? I mean you have the shows put on at renaissance festivals all over the place, of course, but I'm looking for a real tournament where there is actual competition occurring. I'm especially curious if it...
  5. Campaign map path-finding.

So, when you click to go somewhere does the game try to pick the fastest route, or is it following roads or something? This has been bugging me since original mount and blade but I never bothered bringing it up. When I click to go to a city half the time my party shoots off at a 90 degree angle...
  6. Shield Construction and Materials (Making my own shield.)

So I'd like to make my own shield, but would like to try to find some more information on historical shield design and materials first. I don't think I'll have access to hide (though I can probably get some leather) and I don't have a way to heat mold wood or anything of the sort, so the shield...
  7. Alternating Siege and "Shuffle" mode.

So I was thinking, as a sub-type of Siege or as a server side setting, how about a siege mode in which the side alternate each round? The teams are formed at the start of the match, and then each round which side is attacking and which side is defending switch. There are two ways you could do...
  8. [suggestion]Night

How hard would it be to simply create nighttime versions of the current maps? I think it could add a fun new variable to combat, and breath a little bit of new life into the current maps. Would make combat just a bit different all around.
  9. [suggestion]Draws in Battle

I don't know who else is bothered by this, but one thing that really annoys me about battle is that a single person can cause a draw by running, hiding, and what have you. So I would suggest a minor change. At the end of the round, whoever has more alive should win. There's been quite a few...
  10. [suggestion]More damage to naked peeps.

So I just got down playing a match as Rhodok cav. I was going full speed on a courser using a heavy lance when I spotted someone naked and running away from me. So I went in for the kill, couched my lance, and drove it home into their back. They didn't die. Let me repeat that. A full speed...
  11. [suggestion]Kick cooldown increase.

So I think there needs to be a slight increase to the length of cooldown between kicks. Earlier today I was fighting a naked fighter in one of the small ruined buildings. I was in the corner, and he ran up and kicked me. I went to swing, but before I could swing he kicked me again. I went to...
  12. [suggestion]Slower swing recovery + secondary attacks.

So it seems like no matter what balancing occurs combat still tends to be pretty spammy. Now I'm sure all of the ZOMGAWESOME players will come in and say how they can single handidly crush armies of spammers, but "anti-spamming" really needs to be a bit more accessible. At any rate, this is a...
  13. [Suggestion]More Helmets

SO this has been brought up before but it looks like it doesn't have it's own thread. Simply put, certain classes need more helmets. The Swadians get like 6 different helmets to choose from, while the Vaegirs only get the spiked helmet for infantry and cavalry, or the nomad cap for archers. The...
  14. Sword Feinting

So this may be something everyone but me has already noticed and as such I'm looking like a complete idiot, but I've never even seen this mentioned before so I thought I would bring it up. I've noticed with a sword you can start an attack from one direction, and if you click soon enough you can...
  15. [Suggestion]Weapon and Armor Overhaul.

So does anyone else think the whole weapon and armor system really needs an overhaul? I did some searching and also looked in the suggestion thread stickied at the top and didn't see anything about this, but I'm sure it's been discussed in passing. At any rate here are my points. 1. Weapons...
  16. [Suggestion]Raising lance when hit,

So this is a simple thing but it sort of annoys me. When you are playing as a lancer and you get hit with an arrow or bolt you suddenly RAISE your lance from the couched position. The couched position is the default position, it should be staying there when you are hit, you would not raise the...
  17. [Suggestion]Wind

So, after thinking about the bows as they are now it is pretty easy to fire around a shield and be very accurate. After all if your crosshairs are closed the arrow will land in the same place every time. What we need is wind. Even bullets are effected by wind, and arrows certainly are. To tell...
  18. No kicks/bans without reason.

This is more of a call to players than a suggestion, which is why I put it here. Hopefully everyone does this already but I think it needs to be said. When you poll for someone to be kicked or banned provide your reason for creating the poll. I personally NEVER vote yes if someone doesn't give a...
  19. [Suggestion]Capture the Flag Tweak

I think this may have been mentioned before in one of the horse threads, but I couldn't find it through search so here it goes. One of the more annoying things with CTF for me is the way people ride in, get off their horse, grab the flag before they are even completely dismounted, and then...
  20. [Bug]Weapon replacement in Battle.

So, this might "technically" be a feature but it is so messed up I feel it is a bug. When playing battle I've noticed you will spawn with whatever weapons you happen to have had at the end of the last round. I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not, but either way the real problem is...
Back
Top Bottom