Alternating Siege and "Shuffle" mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

EdwardWellcraft

Sergeant Knight
So I was thinking, as a sub-type of Siege or as a server side setting, how about a siege mode in which the side alternate each round? The teams are formed at the start of the match, and then each round which side is attacking and which side is defending switch. There are two ways you could do this. (possibly a server side setting even)

1. Teams switch, factions don't. Team 1 attacks as Swadians against a Rhodok Team 2. Next round Team 2 plays as Swadians on the attack and Team 1 plays as Rhodoks.

2. Teams and factions switch. So Team 1 attacks as Swadians against Rhodok Team 2. Next round It's Team 2 as Rhodoks attacking Team 1 as Swadians still, but now defending.

Presumably either way money would still carry from round to round. I just think it would be interesting to have to both attack and defend, instead of each round just being a repeat of the last.

Another idea, for a public gametype, would be Shuffle Battle. Exactly like normal battle except each round the teams are randomly shuffled. You'd have a more interesting variety of outcomes and situations in this case rather then the usual one team steamrolling the other.

Shuffle I may both like and dislike. What if I wanted to play with a friend? I'd have to stay clear of servers with a shuffle mode enabled. :þ

Alternating siege isn't such a bad idea though.

I like this idea actually. but i would also like to see progressive sieges too, going through stages until the final stage if you get my meaning, dont know if anyone has suggested this actually  :smile:

Uthred

Back
Top Bottom