[Bug]Weapon replacement in Battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

EdwardWellcraft

Sergeant Knight
So, this might "technically" be a feature but it is so messed up I feel it is a bug. When playing battle I've noticed you will spawn with whatever weapons you happen to have had at the end of the last round. I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not, but either way the real problem is coming from the back it is replacing my own weapon loadout and screwing me over. At one point I was spawning with a 1h axe, my shield, and throwing axes. However I picked up javelins in one round and as a result the next round I spawned with javelins, TWO bags of throwing axes (dunno at all where the second bag came from) my shield, and no melee weapon. Thank god we have the X button for changing thrown weapons to melee, or I would have been screwed.

Is this occurring for everyone? Is it supposed to happen or is it unintentional?

Yeah I hate this, they should give us 15 secs of purchase time at the start of the round to sort out our stuff. I once spawned with two xbows and two bags of bolts!

Obviously You're supposed to keep the weapons you pick up, the game cannot decide what you think is the best weapon and what you want to keep.
We really need a different equipment screen though where we can see what we have at the moment and if it's a captured item or not.

A simple fix for this would be to add a tick box in the equipment screen for "Keep picked up weapons/shields on new round". Would sort the problem good and proper.

EdwardWellcraft said:
So, this might "technically" be a feature but it is so messed up I feel it is a bug. When playing battle I've noticed you will spawn with whatever weapons you happen to have had at the end of the last round. I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not, but either way the real problem is coming from the back it is replacing my own weapon loadout and screwing me over. At one point I was spawning with a 1h axe, my shield, and throwing axes. However I picked up javelins in one round and as a result the next round I spawned with javelins, TWO bags of throwing axes (dunno at all where the second bag came from) my shield, and no melee weapon. Thank god we have the X button for changing thrown weapons to melee, or I would have been screwed.

Is this occurring for everyone? Is it supposed to happen or is it unintentional?

if you do not die you keep your equipment you had that round, if you picked something up it replace the equipment you chose.

If you picked up 2 javelins and only used 1 at round change you would get javelins because you did not use them all. if you pick up an item just for battle use but dont want it next round try to drop it.

Scorch! said:
A simple fix for this would be to add a tick box in the equipment screen for "Keep picked up weapons/shields on new round". Would sort the problem good and proper.
No it wouldn't, that would only be a work around, not a solution, and it would only make a difference for those who do not want to keep the weapons they pick up.

Back
Top Bottom