[suggestion]Draws in Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

EdwardWellcraft

Sergeant Knight
I don't know who else is bothered by this, but one thing that really annoys me about battle is that a single person can cause a draw by running, hiding, and what have you. So I would suggest a minor change. At the end of the round, whoever has more alive should win. There's been quite a few times where the MoF flags haven't appeared soon enough to allow for a win, or simply the last person on the team just keeps running, and so long as they are running there is very little chance they will be caught, especially if they are on horseback.

The only downside I could see is if you actually have two well matched teams who have a handful of players remaining at the end, would probably be more akin to a draw. But rarely do I see more than 1 person on both teams alive at the end.

I  have thought of this as well, but I foresee problems.  If one team manages to kill several more of the enemy off, they can just camp and not do anything risky and win.  I think this will cause more camping than anything.  I'd rather have the motf appear much faster if the game is in the last minute or so.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
I  have thought of this as well, but I foresee problems.  If one team manages to kill several more of the enemy off, they can just camp and not do anything risky and win.  I think this will cause more camping than anything.  I'd rather have the motf appear much faster if the game is in the last minute or so.

How about it is considered a win if the winning team has more than twice the amount of people the losing team does at the end of the round? This would mean a single person could cause a draw against only 1 other person, which seems fair. And if you have a 20 vs 20 match, you'd have to kill at least 10 of the opposite team before it would guarantee a win. OF course, you'll probably lose people, in which case you'll have to kill even more of the opposite team, and so on and so forth.

Or have it so at the end of the time limit the MotF appears, and the match goes until all of one team is dead or they capture the MotF. Yes, it means technically you could have matches last indefinitely, but it doesn't exactly take long to capture the MotF. On a related note, I don't see the flag often enough to check, so does having multiple people capturing the flag make it go faster? If not, it should.

Back
Top Bottom