[Suggestion]Wind

Users who are viewing this thread

EdwardWellcraft

Sergeant Knight
So, after thinking about the bows as they are now it is pretty easy to fire around a shield and be very accurate. After all if your crosshairs are closed the arrow will land in the same place every time. What we need is wind. Even bullets are effected by wind, and arrows certainly are. To tell the direction of the wind you could have flags and banners place around the map fluttering in the direction of the wind, so archers have to try to actually compensate for the environment. For simplicity and sanity's sake I would just make the wind constant during a given round, but randomize from round to round.

Good archers will be able to compensate for the wind, especially as it would fairly slight. Bad archers will still be able to fire arrows down into groups of enemies and such, until they learn how to compensate.

Edit: Thinking about it more this might be something not implementable until the new physics system is around, but I just thought I would throw this out there.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it's a good one. Bows are quite accurate to a point, but long range shots still vary good amount. I remember not too long ago people were complaining about the randomization of the long range projectiles.
I'm all for flapping flags.

Faranox said:
Interesting idea, but I don't think it's a good one. Bows are quite accurate to a point, but long range shots still vary good amount. I remember not too long ago people were complaining about the randomization of the long range projectiles.
I'm all for flapping flags.

Thing is it wouldn't be random, it would be an environmental variable you could adjust for. So you miss slightly to the right, so you fire a bit farther to the left. I definitely do not like "random" projectiles. If there is zero wind it should be going precisely where I am aiming. However wind would throw off your aiming just a little bit.

A whole environment system would be nice fog,rain,lightning,snow. All those were suggest before and hopefully eventually make there way into the game.

I don't think it's going to be in warband. Maybe in warband 2, the task of adding the wind effects to all plants etc. would be quite big. Also they would have to add rags on characters etc.

mabye as a sound affect wind could add some atmosphere but nothing more then that.
I don't remember a game where uncontrollable forces conflict with player actions...

Back
Top Bottom