Users who are viewing this thread

Amazing effort, thank you. I really hope the devs take a look at this data and implement some fixes into the game ASAP; at it's current state the snowballing really kills the game for me unfortunately.

Good points.As for Battania which seems be the most common to steamroll,perhaps the fact that they start with a smaller mass of land actually helps,since their lords and armies are closer to one another?

I think this contributes a lot. Not only are their settlements tightly clustered, there isn't a lot of geographical boundaries between them. On the other hand, there *are* a lot of geographical boundaries getting in and out. I haven't seen them steamroll in a couple games, but they do tend to hold out for a very long time despite being at war with multiple factions.

I feel like Aserai has the opposite problem. They're very spread out along a narrow path with lots of boundaries in between, so it can take them literally weeks to move armies from one side of their territory to the other. Say half their troops are in Quyaz and they get into a war with Southern Empire. Their troops won't make it to Husn Fulq until the war's over. Reverse is true if Western attacks them at Quyaz.

I think the situation is pretty unique for everyone, but what unites us all is that there is always a faction that will destroy everyone and paint the whole map with its colours.

For me at first it was Northern Empire. After I decided to engage in the situation and weaken the Empire a little bit, Khuzaits immediately became a world dominant faction with about 12k people since all Empire lords immediately ran to Khuzaits. Battania and Sturgia were destroyed almost immediately along with the Southern Empire. By the end, there were only Vlandia with about 5 settlements, Aserai with 3 settlements and Khuzaits owning the rest of the map.

@Adrivan thats very interesting. it's pretty hard to say how player actions influence the behavior of the simulation. Also keep in mind that simulation with 10x -50x can not simulate everything on the map like a 1x simulation would do.

take my upvote.

I think another way is to limit the amount of influence clans get or increase the cost of influence to start armies and such. Its clear they need to implement feasts or some other kind of break from all the fighting like in warband.

To make sieges harder for attacker (which it isn't right now), enemies nor we shouldn't be able to attack without building siege equipments to castles which has higher tier walls. So defenders can feel themselves safe behind walls like lords felt in past. Also once siege equipments destroyed on battle, we should return campaign map back and we should try to build them back while can't attack. So this will cause to try attack more than once to take cities like in past real life.

Seems to be a pretty good amount of differences. In under 250 days the northern empire and the sturgians have both been wiped out. I didn't participate in it all, mostly was battannia and khuzait. Then somehow the western empire that shrunk down to 4 cities took and has maintained like 6 cities from Batannia. I've joined the southern empire and started steam rolling through the Aserai.

260ish days here. All Empires destroyed, Aserai have been struggling since the start with some bugs with their recruits (despite the fact the ptach was supposed to adress that issue, i needed to change a line in the engine.tt ffor the recruit to be able to spawn), too much bandits and the minor ennemy clans with lots of horse archers destroying every army, and the lords with no money (i had to chase every Aserai lord to give them money to somewhat survive, i injected around 15K in barter) then Khuzait and Battania steamrolled over everything. There is only Southern Empire with only Zeonica since day 80 or so. Rest is passive or doing nothing (Vlandia, Sturgia, Aserai).

Good stuff, cheers for doing the calculations!
What do you think the effect is of there being a minimum amount of troops required to form an army?
I feel like factions which don't have enough fiefs to restock on troops cannot campaign and thus will lose regardless. Perhaps a system where the desperation level of a Kingdom could allow for anyone to join an army could help this a bit.

Back
Top Bottom