Users who are viewing this thread

It may have something to do with the economy imbalance. Lords can literally become so poor that they can't really train any troops. Maybe once a faction starts losing fiefs they can no longer afford enough armies to defend themselves.

i think part of it as well is everyone can create an army now so there are like 20 armies all marching oof and it just needs one victory over an enmey and bam game over

In all my gameplays (4 so far)
Battania eats the western empire,
Southern Empire eats up the Aserai very early on.
Then those two go to war, which is fairly even most of the time.

Battania also eats Vlandia after a while, While Southern empire is able to take on khuzait.

Sturgia barely ever changes, while Northern Just give settlements to Battania and Khuzait which in turn get taken over by the southern empire.

Snowballing is a big problem.

I guess a typical wargoal could be to take a specific castle or city. Fabricating the claim could be done automatically by the AI factions randomly on neighbor factions taking 30 days to do. Claims could also be given to claimants for king throne etc (giving claim on whole Kingdom maybe or capital region) for the player they could do some action or mission to generate the claims.

On peace treaty it should be possible to take more land than the claim, but then all other factions in the game will get a free claim to take all your land from you (making all factions go to war with a faction which takes more land) also all cities and such make no tax/income before a peace treaty is signed. After a peace treaty there will be a 30 days truce (Or longer depending on how much is taken)

The same for me i haven't managed to gather an army yet to fight at the level of lords and two countries were no longer on map this happens in something like 100 days. Hope they gonna change this because if not then this whole heir things useless

The game should pretty much stay in stasis with small concessions on either side until the player is able to integrate themselves into the war.
Either that new factions should be able to split off from any overwhelming faction to fight for the spoils of the conquest, aka the Greeks post-alexander

Please no stalemate. That is most boring.

Well, i did some testing. It seems that when lords run out of money they wont recruit any troops. I gave one lord of the Aserai (That had been in same castle for 100+ days) 50K cash in trade and she instantly went out of the castle and started recruiting. So the problem is, that once they run out of their starter money (What was around 20k i think??) they will not recruit anymore and just wait to be captured and killed in the random castle.

Well, i did some testing. It seems that when lords run out of money they wont recruit any troops. I gave one lord of the Aserai (That had been in same castle for 100+ days) 50K cash in trade and she instantly went out of the castle and started recruiting. So the problem is, that once they run out of their starter money (What was around 20k i think??) they will not recruit anymore and just wait to be captured and killed in the random castle.
Anyone know how lords make money

For me the southern empire soon controls the entire map. As a vassal of sturgia i noticed almost all castles and towns got taken by southern empire without anyone even besieging them. Turns out all the other Sturgian clans joined them and took their fiefs with them... in the matter of a week in-game. Now its just me and the ruling clan.

Maybe there should be some minimum level of wealth for npc lords so that they don't completely run out of money. Also maybe add something to help underdog factions that have fallen on hard times?

If that is the case I feel like clans should start out with a decent base income and initial wealth depending on their rank so even without any fiefs they will have decent passive base income from workshops or family/clan estates and caravans so that money should eventually become a problem, just not super fast as it currently does.

Most clans, even tier 5 ones are way too small and easy to wipe off the map lacking in companions who can be extra caravan income. Families also tend to be small for the time period, where there should be 5+ children for some of these lords and kings.

This is what you end up seeing with most lords (Upper left corner shows their money)
Also the thing i noticed by following her is that she looses troops while traveling on the map at random places, usually she lost 1-4 per day, sometimes 20 guys suddenly dissapear etc

Last edited:
By following an Battanian lord, whenever he conquered a castle/town and won he got quite a bit money for victory (around 5-15k per win usually), and he seemed to pay the wages for the troops identical to the player wages on the troops (100-600 coins depending on the size). He also seemed to gain a bit when defeating raider party, and ended up with 80+ strong army with daily expenses around 600-700 coins. Meanwhile the Aserai girl spent 50k in a few days on troops and ended up loosing most of the troops to desertion, so i dunno what is wrong lol

This is what you end up seeing with most lords (Upper left corner shows their money)
Also the thing i noticed by following her is that she looses troops while traveling on the map at random places, usually she lost 1-4 per day, sometimes 20 guys suddenly dissapear etc

lack of food and gold cause the troops to leave

Back
Top Bottom