Patch Notes v1.1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

yes and you don't need to be the brightest star in the galaxy to understand why.

but i'll enlighten you anyway:

too many updates from TW breaks the game and the mods. many of us can't play for days (now more like weeks and appraching months) every time TW releases a patch.

too few updates keeps the game broken until a modder decides he's had enough of waiting and patches it for TW.

so what is the obvious solution?

publish few but big updates focused on fixing ****.

TW has no QA department, we test, identify and report bugs for them so the sooner they realise that adding more features (specially features no one asked for) is detrimental to this game now, the more we will be able to enjoy it. we don't want to be testing the game anymore, and we certainly don't want to wait months until they fix **** they broke with their new features. they should have realised this when they decided the game was ready for "official launch".

producing a single line patch note after a month considering the current state of the game is pretty much taking the piss.
you can always go back to an older version where your mods are running. modders shouldnt update on minor updates anyhow. it has been comunicated in so many ways that the game is still in progress and yet still there are stars like you. in the end you just seem to be a bit nervous to me. there is an update and the world stops turning for you.

there are several test branches that you can see on steamdb. but glad you know how they work and that they dont have qa. you just know better. i wonder why tw hasnt hired you yet.

dont get me wrong. the game has serious issues. we talked a lot about them with the devs. now that they actually on to fixing something it's still not good.
you might weren't here when taleworlds wasn't releasing anything for months. huge upset to the community. now they show that they are not sleeping and hard working - huge upset. like it wouldn't be visible that they actually try their best to adapt.
very enlightening.

thanks for explaining you are shining bright like the sun ☀️

you can always go back to an older version where your mods are running. modders shouldnt update on minor updates anyhow.

normally yes, but 1.1.0 was a major update introducing **** that fixed stuff with OoB and i didn't want to miss out on it. little did i know it would break a lot of other stuff after it was released as BETA for like TWO MONTHS. i did not download the beta version.

so eventually i updated my game along with the mods that followed suit and regreted it.

i just don't have the energy to revert back and dig for all the mod versions that are compatible with a previous version and install them all over again. i use like 30 mods. i much rather play something else.

normally yes, but 1.1.0 was a major update introducing **** that fixed stuff with OoB and i didn't want to miss out on it. little did i know it would break a lot of other stuff after it was released as BETA for like TWO MONTHS. i did not download the beta version.

so eventually i updated my game along with the mods that followed suit and regreted it.

i just don't have the energy to revert back and dig for all the mod versions that are compatible with a previous version and install them all over again. i use like 30 mods. i much rather play something else.

That is why you should grab your mods from nexus, and not from steam workshop. That way you can keep tabs on mod versions that work with a spesific version of the game. Steam workshop will push updates for your mods even you not runnign latest version of the game.

That is why you should grab your mods from nexus, and not from steam workshop. That way you can keep tabs on mod versions that work with a spesific version of the game. Steam workshop will push updates for your mods even you not runnign latest version of the game.
I do. But install manually one by one.

In any case it's besides the point.

The game should work by now.

When a studio works on an old game and new game at the same time, the dynamics of staffing levels for both is predictable.
That doesn't mean the game is left to a couple interns as many people loudly seem to claim. People pulling thoughts and ideas out of their rear end and present it as facts. In reality, unless you are working in the offices of TW, and know what staff does what, you wouldn't know. The biggest issue is lack of communication. The game is post-release and out of early access. They come through with most of what posted in the release plans, which afaik is the closest thing you have as a roadmap at current time. There is still bugs and issues that need to be fixed, but I don't really hold my breath for any big features coming. The game isn't a live-service game that keep drip feed players content in exchange of feed the monster cash regulary.

I'm actually at the point now where I enjoy how bad this game's development has become.

It's so bad that it's actually funny. I used to care about this game... but I'm waaaay past that now.

The only thing that would make it better would be if for 1.1.4, they re-released a brand new sheep texture, just to screw with us.

Please do it. I'll buy shares in TaleWorlds if you do.

Last edited:
@Dejan

Hello,
Are you guys working on improving the sorting feature in the Party screen?
That was a great addition, but it is obviously very insufficient. The minimum needed is to sort with with 2 variables such as Tier and Type...etc.
Current feature only allows one variable at a time. If you sort by Type, the units in each type are not sorted according to tier.
Thank you.

To revive this game, the developers need to make multiplayer mode free, while keeping the mod usage condition paid. Although multiplayer players understand, the maps provided in MP have remained the same for two years, and the accessibility to custom maps is very limited compared to Warband. Additionally, the single-player mode is too combat-focused, making it easy to get bored. There are many areas that need improvement. Furthermore, the replay editor has still not been released.

Back
Top Bottom