Patch Notes v1.2.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate language
WARNING ON LANGUAGE:

When the *snipped* developer going to share the same patch across all platforms? Microsoft/Xbox players cannot use any mods, SP or MP, or play on servers with people from Steam/Epic. It has been 4 weeks. *snipped*

Edit: Please refrain from using this kind of language

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING ON LANGUAGE:

When the *snipped* developer going to share the same patch across all platforms? Microsoft/Xbox players cannot use any mods, SP or MP, or play on servers with people from Steam/Epic. It has been 4 weeks. *snipped*

Afaik, Bannerlord isn't cross platform/server play. So. play with your xbox buddies... When TW push a patch to the platform it become in the hands of xbox. Maybe you should write Phil Spencer a letter? As for mods.. that too is a xbox issue... If you want to play with mods join the pc master race -)

Edit: Removed insults from quotted post

Last edited by a moderator:
god dammit tw when you finally fix legionary pilum….
i assume this was an intended nerf because legionnaires were doing too good. but yeah the pilum as it is now is just a very awkward mini-polearm that has less reach than their sword

Dear developers of this wonderful game! Hear us mere mortals, I beg you! Well, you will make a new difficulty option for those who want to play on 1.2.0 with the old combat system , where they will not defend indefinitely and repel attacks like cheaters , they have already had enough ! Is it difficult to do this? I do not find it a pleasure to hit the blocks and shields of the opponent for 10 minutes.... Add the option, let the experienced play like this, but as I am beginners we cannot and have to sit on 1.1.0 (

The Detailed Character Creation mod literally does what you want (can be downloaded in Workshop).
So do many other mods, for things TWs neglects to address.
It's also annoying to get/need many QoL mods (assuming they are all updated) and to get it working on the newest update; only for a benign, unannounced hotfix to invalidate it all.

So, either I'm stuck waiting for the game to be finished (no news on supposed 1.3 'patch'), waiting for the mods to update (and resolve mod-related crashes) or stuck playing the half-assed base version.
I can't reasonably hold modders accountable for anything. The 'base' version has been, arguably, the same since even prior to the official release 1+ years ago (ie I'm done beta-testing for them). Onus is on TW to finish the game or at least make that claim it's done, instead of holding us all on a mysterious holding pattern of 'when patch?'.

Dear developers of this wonderful game! Hear us mere mortals, I beg you! Well, you will make a new difficulty option for those who want to play on 1.2.0 with the old combat system , where they will not defend indefinitely and repel attacks like cheaters , they have already had enough ! Is it difficult to do this? I do not find it a pleasure to hit the blocks and shields of the opponent for 10 minutes.... Add the option, let the experienced play like this, but as I am beginners we cannot and have to sit on 1.1.0 (
I suggested that and some wise person was saying I want to dumb down the game when I just wanted new combat difficulties so people could play how they like. TW's solution is make it harder and force all to play it. Don't give options to all but just force it on you. My idea gives difficulties for all people, their solution is force you to play it there way. What makes more sense? It just comes down to what is easier to work in the code. My idea takes more effort so they just take the easy way out

Don't give options to all but just force it on you.
Same as with death probability. When a bunch of crybabies was furious seeing nobles die in battles and demanded to drastically decrease the percentage of death chance. In the end, TW lowered it to pathetic 2%,and now almost no one dies in battle in Calradia, and there's no way to increase the percentage, except for mods...

Were sieges reworked? AI sieges when they are attacking automatically surrenders after losing 1 battle and very little men. Makes no sense

Same as with death probability. When a bunch of crybabies was furious seeing nobles die in battles and demanded to drastically decrease the percentage of death chance. In the end, TW lowered it to pathetic 2%,and now almost no one dies in battle in Calradia, and there's no way to increase the percentage, except for mods...
my point perfectly, I suggested a slider for 2-10% so people could select what they liked, everyone wins

A slider is very complicated and beyond the scope of the planned features. This team is focused on fixing bugs and later reintroducing them.
Okay, not the slider, but a drop-down list with the death percentage then? Seriously, with an increased death percentage the role of the children would increase drastically, including for PC's clan.

Just as they did to "Battle Size" slider (which I am still confused about the reasons of doing that and explanation given by the devs wasn't really convincing either.

Last edited:
Afaik, Bannerlord isn't cross platform/server play. So. play with your xbox buddies... When TW push a patch to the platform it become in the hands of xbox. Maybe you should write Phil Spencer a letter? As for mods.. that too is a xbox issue... If you want to play with mods join the pc master race -)

Edit: Removed insults from quotted post
What? No, mate. FIrst of all, all worked perfectly until 116 and I played with mates from steam/epic, on persistent empires and common multiplayer, all the time. Then now I play on PC again but with XBOX console players because they are also in the situation without latest release. In addition to the fact I cannot play with other PC players due to incompatible version of the game, I cannot even use mods, because they all were updated to 128 as well.

Taleworlds are just amateurs in product release, nothing like you are describing heree.....

What? No, mate. FIrst of all, all worked perfectly until 116 and I played with mates from steam/epic, on persistent empires and common multiplayer, all the time. Then now I play on PC again but with XBOX console players because they are also in the situation without latest release. In addition to the fact I cannot play with other PC players due to incompatible version of the game, I cannot even use mods, because they all were updated to 128 as well.

Taleworlds are just amateurs in product release, nothing like you are describing heree.....
this is true, I don't know if console users could play with PC users, but I do know that PC users who had the game from microsoft store could still play MP (and mods) with other PC players that used steam/epic... but now you can't because the microsoft store version is not 1.2.8... for whatever reason... was this sort of compatibility even intentional? hopefully its fixed rather than removed.

Back
Top Bottom