Patch Notes e1.0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear TaleWorlds,

pWEtmjz.jpg

Are you serious right now?
Talk about overcompensating.
This is hilarious ! :ROFLMAO:

Same argument back to you. Balance the money on both ends. WTF man?
So reduce the money you get from caravans, fiefs, and workshops?

Perhaps, but I'd rather see town upgrades that cost upwards of 50k. Perhaps even upwards of 100k. It would be better for the game if the devs created something for us to do with all the money rather than just nerfing it.

Either way, equipment needs to be a lot cheaper. They're basically vanity items in the grand scheme of things. A player's personal input on combat is negligible to the outcome in all but the smallest battles.

And if you nerf equipment prices you also nerf battle-loot, which is a much bigger contributor to all the late-game wealth players have than enterprises. It'll balance eachother out.

@mexxico is the calculation for skill growth rate broken? (See this thread for details)

Lots of people are expressing frustration with how long it takes to level up skills. It seems like this might be the problem?

@mexxico
It would be awesome if you could assign lot more proficiency point when creating a new character. Right now those 10 points/pick is just way too low. The players start now with often less proficiency points than tier 1 enemies. Right now looters can out sprint my new 2h footman and its tedious getting my athletics leveled up to a solid 60-80 so I actually don't get banged by a group of looters when i want to fight them on foot. Since the latest patch totally nerfed the arena, it is much harder to make my characters combat ready. (Not talking about 200 combat skill leveled characters but atleast a solid 60-80.) Also some skills (for example: smithing, scouting, medicine, leadership or engineering) grow ridiculously slow even with maxed out focus points, lvl 5 attribute points and 10x+ multipliers.

Less interrogation marks and more information would be quite helpful.
(Ok, i thats hald the true, less interrogation marks wouldn't help, but would make it less annoying to read)
they're gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am old, now blind and tired, i am going to bed.

10K cap for plunder from a lord party :
Because of some economy problems AI sometimes be very rich after 5-10 years. We are trying to fix these things and hold money of npc lords in balance however until we fix these problems and stop money inflation of some lords best way was cap this amount. Normally you plunder 5% of lord's gold and if he has 1M you plunder 50K and this also make game so luck-based after one battle getting 50K breaks game's economy. We watch lots of gameplays and we see lots of players have huge amount of money in long term play. This is not good for your gameplay.
How do you know what is good for our gameplay? I'm fairly certain if you put this up to poll the people would overwhelming vote in favor of being able to swim in gold from martial feats (y'know, a perfectly realistic aspect of war and the fuel for so called "plunder economies" vs being broke most of the game and barely squeaking by with finances at times. Especially with horses, that's just how the game works.

The horse nerf is a problem for me. If we win a battle, the wounded troops are completely available. Horses seem they should be part of that due to them being required for upgrades, not part of the loot system. We already lose most of them after losing a battle anyways.

How do you know what is good for our gameplay? I'm fairly certain if you put this up to poll the people would overwhelming vote in favor of being able to swim in gold from martial feats (y'know, a perfectly realistic aspect of war and the fuel for so called "plunder economies" vs being broke most of the game and barely squeaking by with finances at times. Especially with horses, that's just how the game works.

i agree, if i wanted to struggle for hours for little money, i'd just go to work.

Fix pilas on Legionaries please, they don't throw them.

And please don't put artificial caps on things like how much money you can get from a lord, that defeats the point of a sandbox.

Last edited:
So I've just won a tournament and... This is the worst patch so far. Experience in tournaments is reduced as f... I'vent got ANY skill point though my athletics is 20 and I've spent almost the whole time fighting on foot. Reduce it for training battles, but give me my experience when I'm fighting vs tier 4-6 troops in early game. I'll always remember that 42-armor helmet when I get a scrap as a prize.

About Nerfing the money gain from tourney? Horse reduce from inventories after winning the battle? this is not importhing to do right now and also not good for early gameplay. The main thing is to add where the money player get to spend it. Increase XP perk/skill player because it reallyx10 hard to level up. Sorry for my bad english. Love from Malaysia.

It just seems a little weird to me that they are trying to fine tune existing features that aren't particularly broken in favor of fixing perks that are actually broken, mercenary roles that are broken, snowballing which has actually been pretty decently band-aided through mods, and other 'critical' features that are notably missing and/or broken. Like the recently discovered skill gain bug that shows that it's impossible to progress due to mathematical inaccuracies. Instead we get these weird caps and changes to tournament money? Which I basically never even do in the midgame except for the change of pace, I never do it for the money or rewards, since I have better stuff by that point or could do literally one trade run for 5-10x the amount.

Seems like these are the kind of gameplay changes that come at the very end of an early access, rather than the beginning of it.

It just seems a little weird to me that they are trying to fine tune existing features that aren't particularly broken in favor of fixing perks that are actually broken, mercenary roles that are broken, snowballing which has actually been pretty decently band-aided through mods, and other 'critical' features that are notably missing and/or broken. Instead we get these weird caps and changes to tournament money? Which I basically never even do in the midgame except for the change of pace, I never do it for the money or rewards, since I have better stuff by that point or could do literally one trade run for 5-10x the amount.

Seems like these are the kind of changes that come at the very end of an early access, rather than the beginning of it.

Those are quite easy changes. They are probably working on the problems you mentionned, could not get it all done for today, so decided to lauch more minor details to keep us busy and keep the heat moving.

Can't launch a major update everyday. It's simply not feasible.

Let me explain some changes :

Why max stake of bets are reduced to 150 from 300 :
Currently player can bet again and again in each round and if he is good at combat he can make lots of money from betting. If he was able to bet only at round-1 no need to reduce limit however you can bet each round and it is a bit overpowered and player is not thinking or checking odds before betting he/she nearly always bet.

Max odd is increased from 2 to 3 and odds decrease after you win tournaments :
If you are at early days of your game you will get higher odds. Because you are not a known fighter yet. You can win much at early steps of game by this. However if you win 5-10 tournament odds will be lower and lower after your each win. So we want you to do different things in game not making money from repetative tournaments 20-30 times a year. In real life bookies work same. If one outcome has lots of win in its history its odd drop after each win.

10K cap for plunder from a lord party :
Because of some economy problems AI sometimes be very rich after 5-10 years. We are trying to fix these things and hold money of npc lords in balance however until we fix these problems and stop money inflation of some lords best way was cap this amount. Normally you plunder 5% of lord's gold and if he has 1M you plunder 50K and this also make game so luck-based after one battle getting 50K breaks game's economy. We watch lots of gameplays and we see lots of players have huge amount of money in long term play. This is not good for your gameplay.

65% less horse loot from inventories :
Currently lords carry lots of horses in their inventories to speed up their parties. When you beat a lord party on map you get lots of his horses and this make player very rich. We can assume horses are dying and running during a battle and you can get 35% of them alive. We can increase this 50% after we make lords buying cheap horses generally but currently they also carry expensive horses too.

Snowballing issues :
Currently this problem is in better point compared to first release and we did not stop working on this. We will continue working on this issue. When one kingdom get 35%+ of lands other kingdoms will be more cautious aganist this kingdom and they will try to stop them before things get worse for them. However this feature is not implemented yet and will be implemented in next patches. Also minor factions will be paid more by losing kingdoms and they will choose these weak kingdoms to get better payment per influence. When these things are implemented we will be in better point.

While I personally don't like these changes they do make sense and will improve the game for most players in the long run. I just wished that the Player-XP gain and the snowballing would be fixed/ adjusted faster. That's for me the reason why I lost interest in my campaignes and started to focus more on multiplayer. Well I guess it can't be that fast :grin:
Thank you for beeing so vocal on this thread!

While I personally don't like these changes they do make sense and will improve the game for most players in the long run. I just wished that the Player-XP gain and the snowballing would be fixed/ adjusted faster. That's for me the reason why I lost interest in my campaignes and started to focus more on multiplayer. Well I guess it can't be that fast :grin:
Thank you for beeing so vocal on this thread!

I can already imagine all those complains when they will fix snowballing and game pace will be slower. You will build a character and when he is nearly perfect he dies and you need to build another character (your descendant) and again he is almost perfect and dies and again xD

Back
Top Bottom