Are maces in a good place right now?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Farticle

Sergeant
I don't know the calculation for bludgeoning damage versus armor but in my unqualified opinion it doesn't seem to measure up to the raw damage of axes and swords.

Anyway here's a poll, and if you don't mind stating your reasons and how you would change it if you vote no I'd really appreciate it.

Depends on both my and the enemy factions, but maces are generally my favorite 1h. They absolutely slap empire legionaries with their -30% cut dmg perk, and Vlandian sergeants with their high base armor. Good against anything really except a few classes that have -X% blunt dmg perks (varyag and menavlion inf)

I don't know the calculation for bludgeoning damage versus armor but in my unqualified opinion it doesn't seem to measure up to the raw damage of axes and swords.

Anyway here's a poll, and if you don't mind stating your reasons and how you would change it if you vote no I'd really appreciate it.
Maces ignore armor almost completely, around 90% or so.

From a competitive standpoint. 90% of pro players don't use them anymore so that means TW nerfed them to the point where they are useless.

The only place I've seen maces used is Commander - where the armour ignoring effects actually come into play with bots fighting bots. Haven't seen them in skirmish for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom