Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Since 1.4.3 is out there's something wrong with big field battles. AI started using strange tactics that make them die like flies. Square formation of archers in the middle of loose formation of infantry. Units that cannot find place in formation just run around endlessly till they die. It works fine in smaller battles but any battle with 400+ vs 400+ is weird. I'm also having problems with battle menu. Even when it's big army Vs big army it shows only single lords and their troops on both sides.

In the recent video that TW official Youtube channel shared, they mention spear bracing and a hooking mechanic with spears. Spear bracing is MP only currently as they said but is hooking mechanic in the beta already?

Since 1.4.3 is out there's something wrong with big field battles. AI started using strange tactics that make them die like flies. Square formation of archers in the middle of loose formation of infantry. Units that cannot find place in formation just run around endlessly till they die. It works fine in smaller battles but any battle with 400+ vs 400+ is weird. I'm also having problems with battle menu. Even when it's big army Vs big army it shows only single lords and their troops on both sides.

This is not new for me. I am looking this weird behavior since 2 or 3 big patches ago.

A bug I have noticed playing the beta the past few days is that when I die in a big battle, even if my side wins the battle I end up being captured and losing all my inventory and followers. What appears to happen is the 5-10 enemy units who manage to flee the battlefield are somehow still being credited with beating my particular force, and even though they are promptly destroyed 10 seconds after the battle ends which frees me its still super frustrating to lose everything when your army actually won the battle. Only noticed it when either I was apart of an army I was not the head of or joined a fight in progress but it makes me not want to risk my life in big battles when it looks like we will win. Happened to me three separate times last night, and its the worst.

Last edited:
In the recent video that TW official Youtube channel shared, they mention spear bracing and a hooking mechanic with spears. Spear bracing is MP only currently as they said but is hooking mechanic in the beta already?
I think its safe to assume the improve AI formations and spear hooking is not in the current 1.4.3 beta. Which is a little confusing because the sturgian armor they spoke of is.

A bug I have noticed playing the beta the past few days is that when I die in a big battle, even if my side wins the battle I end up being captured and losing all my inventory and followers. What appears to happen is the 5-10 enemy units who manage to flee the battlefield are somehow still being credited with beating my particular force, and even though they are promptly destroyed 10 seconds after the battle ends which frees me its still super frustrating to lose everything when your army actually won the battle. Only noticed it when either I was apart of an army I was not the head of, but it makes me not want to risk my life in big battles when it looks like we will win. Happened to me three separate times last night, and its the worst.

Yep same with me.

Even when it's big army Vs big army it shows only single lords and their troops on both sides.
Yeah I've seen this from time to time, it's harmless but weird. At first I though he had pulled the garrison out with him or something, but after defeating him he actually had about 5 other lords with him that just didn't show up in the UI.

Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 14/08/20)
  • Fixed an issue with gathered defenders failing to attack besiegers.
  • Fixed an issue with sieges not starting from the settlement start assault button.
  • Fixed a not-compiled shader issue.
  • Fixed a GPU driver-related crash which happened frequently at different stages of the game.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from selling their workshops.
  • Fixed a crash which happened when an old common area party was not deleted from memory after it was killed.
  • Fixed an issue with the militia count being miscalculated if the militia party was not active.
  • Players will be directed to a new menu if peace occurs between the player's faction and the settlement's faction that the player is currently raiding.
  • Fixed an issue that could end some hostile relations between the player's and other clans upon kingdom creation.
You didnt mention it but THANK YOU to whoever put in the new casted sieged notifications, SO HELPFUL. PIC

:wink: Sometimes very small things (1-2 min of work) effect gameplay better than one day works. But as I remember I changed this days ago. Maybe you see new.
Your secret changes are the secret sauce that make bannerlord sooooo good, well done once again! Exactly, quality of life improvements are often the hardest felt. Ha you know I actually haven't tested too much the past few days, must of slipped right by me

Last edited:
Do the devs plan to eventually add spear bracing to single player? I think that's exactly the sort of thing ai spearmen need form an effective spear wall.

Are there any plans for a similar mechanic with one handed spears with shields?

Spear bracing will give a meaning to units with spears. However if they don't change groups and add something more to the AI to use it it will be OP tactic available only for player. We need more diversity for infantry. At least 3 groups: light inf, heavy inf, spearmen. Otherwise it will still be a bunch of mixed units that cannot apply any useful formation.

Back
Top Bottom