In Progress 1.4.3 beta +hotfixes Intense stutter and lag when waiting/sieging until eventual freeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Intense audio stutter and lag when waiting in settlement or sieging settlement. Eventually freezes completely and must be closed in task manager, audio often remains playing for a short time after. Have not had this issue before. Loading much older saves doesn't seem to have the problem, but several recent saves seem to. I noticed it slightly during a siege earlier but it subsided. After I get a much worse lag every time I wait or siege now. I also had CTD twice but it did not repeat beyond that.
How to Reproduce: load this save and wait in a settlement or lay siege. Lag and studder will start after a day or less and get worse and worse.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ryQ3252lrr0HdiIHmZVwGu3U41W74mRs/view?usp=sharing
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.4.3.237332
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: nividia geforce gtx 1050 ti
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): game on sdd, OS on HDD

Having the same issue with my current playthrough. First few hours of campaign was fine but now it seems this playthrough has triggered some sort of leak causing audio to stutter badly and campaign map to freeze. Eventually the freeze clears, up to a minute of waiting and the audio comes back and can move a few more meters on the campaign map until it all goes bad again. This save has my CPU running at 90+% just paused on the campaign map and 100% when lagging. Memory keeps climbing as the problem persists.

Save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I968ONX4HGg0aYw69NsIbfQdtkRpdx8P/view?usp=sharing
also uploaded to upload.taleworlds.com with this thread title in the description.

Computer Specs:
GPU: nividia geforce gtx 1080 ti
CPU: i5-7600k
RAM: 32 gb
Motherboard: MSI z270 gaming m7
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): samsung ssd
Soundcard: Asus Essence STX II

EDIT: Going back to a an autosave from 20 minutes before the lag started and the game has been running smoothly for hours since.

Last edited:
I had this issue happen again. A bit more info that may or may not be helpful. Both times its occurred I've been watching videos in VLC player on a second monitor with multi channel audio that needs be downscaled to 2 channel. I think maybe there is some sort of audio buffer problem where audio processing gets overloaded. Also after closing the game from task when manager when its freezing up I've had campaign map audio suddenly stutter back a few seconds after terminating the process. At first I though it was caused from running out of RAM because of the memory leak issue but this second time I had well over 10gb of spare RAM available.

I had this issue happen again. A bit more info that may or may not be helpful. Both times its occurred I've been watching videos in VLC player on a second monitor with multi channel audio that needs be downscaled to 2 channel. I think maybe there is some sort of audio buffer problem where audio processing gets overloaded. Also after closing the game from task when manager when its freezing up I've had campaign map audio suddenly stutter back a few seconds after terminating the process. At first I though it was caused from running out of RAM because of the memory leak issue but this second time I had well over 10gb of spare RAM available.
That could be something! I can't remember for sure, but I do often listen to things on VLC player while I play so I might have been.

Back
Top Bottom