Search results for query: *

• Users: Seekster
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Seekster

Knight type Character weapon advice

As far back as beta M&B I have enjoyed playing as a Knight type character who usually joins the Swadians (which now is more interesting because if they fight more than two factions at once they are uber screwed and having to fight a southern and a northern faction is hard too since they are in...
  2. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

I know that the unit stats are subject to change in patches but in general they have remained in a general ball park area the same. I have been recording the stats of units in the most current release and though I am still less than halfway done I have completed large parts of the Swadian, Nord...
  3. Seekster

Hunting Down an Outlaw

I have been making a suggestion like this since the original Mount and Blade was in beta. Now I think its almost possibile for someone to create a mod or a simple tweak to change this annoying part of the game. I have long found it odd and annoying that when you go and kill a guy in a outlaw...
  4. Seekster

Female Character Marriage Questions

I have a female swadian character who is currently not officially a vassal of Haralus but who has good relations with several Swadian Lords and the Kingdom itself. I was planning to marry into the nobility and into the faction after a while but its been frustrating because all of the good men...
  5. Seekster

Production Advice

I really like the new production enterprise feature but I don't think I fully understand how it works. I tried opening up a tool making business in Dhirm thinking that since iron is fairly common and relatively cheap there I could make a consistent profit. Things didn't really go as expected and...
  6. Seekster

May I suggest a course of action

Ive tried out the May I suggest a course of action dialog option with Lords recently and found a few oddities. Really I have only used it to tell guys to go and siege a castle instead of looting villages which overall is really pointless for the AI as far as I can tell. Sometimes the Lords tell...
  7. Seekster

Do castles generate income now?

I just got assigned a fief by King Ragnar, Derchios Castle and the village of Toshdar. The first time I got income from it I noticed that the castle was actually generating more income than the village. Considering Toshdar had just recovered from being looted (dont you love how before taking a...
  8. Seekster

Town and Village Prosperity

Im starting to pull my hair out trying to find out exactly what factors affect the prosperity of towns and villages. It seems obvious that one factor is that villagers and caravans make it to the towns safely. I have noticed that villages that are close to bandit hideouts for example do seem to...
  9. Seekster

Sea Raiders and Traitor Fiefs

Two questions today. First off why do Sea Raiders only appear in Vaegir lands? It makes more sense actually that they would appear in Nord lands or at least in both as Nords used to be alot like Sea Raiders (according to Matheld). Right now Sea Raiders only seem to spawn in a triangle between...
  10. Seekster

Noble Personalities

So I found out that if you send a companion to go and talk to their connections in a certain kingdom, they will come back with a report on that kingdom. What this means is that in notes each character profile for that Kingdom's vassals and king will have some notes on what their personality is...
  11. Seekster

Bunch of Questions (and hopefully answers)

Instead of making several threads all asking different questions I decided it might be better to make one thread and just ask my questions about Warband all at once and see if I cant get some answered. Everyone else feel free to ask your own questions and answer ones you have seen posted in this...
  12. Seekster

How do you marry a lord?

My female character has a noble background and everything but when I ask the Lords non of them seem interested in marrying my character or marrying her to one of their sons. I got to about 200 renown and went to a feast wearing a dress (which was funny because one of the other Ladies was wearing...
  13. Seekster

Couched Lance nerfed

So I start playing warband, buy a spear and charge towards an enemy on my horse...nothing. I then notice that you have to press x to change the weapon mode or something, I do so...nothing. I decide to buy a lance just to see and find out that it does work for couched lance damage...for a few...
  14. Seekster

If your character is a female can you marry guys?

If your character is a female can you marry lords like male characters can marry ladies?
  15. Seekster

Sound Lag Problem

Several months ago I posted this problem and couldnt find a fix for it. I recently reinstalled Mount & Blade hoping maybe the problem would be gone now. I have just discovered that it is not. I am hoping this time I can find a way to fix the problem I am having. The problem is this. At some...
  16. Seekster

Mount & Blade Needlist (1.011)

As good a game as Mount & Blade is there are certain things that it simply needs in order to be better. What I mean by that are either fixes for currently existing features or simple new features that should not take much code to implement. I invite anyone who wants to post these things on this...
  17. Seekster

What Polearms should I give my companions?

No matter how many times I play my companions almost always use their polearms more than anything else and so end up with a high proficiency in polearms. I have also noticed that they almost never use the polearms for anything except stabbing at the enemy and will even try to stab at close...
  18. Seekster

Tips for playing as Nords

Ive always loved the Nords but lately I have only been playing as the Swadians because, as I said in another topic, I just like being on a horse (or using coconuts) in battle. Has anyone had success playing as the Nords in the latest version of the game? It could just be me but it seems that the...
  19. Seekster

Which Infantry to use?

Ive always been fond of using alot of cavalry in battles for many reasons (survivability, speed, couched lance damage is amazing...) but sometimes I end up in fights on hilly or forested terrain where my cavalry cannot maneuver so I always like to bring along some infantry units to help the...
  20. Seekster

Rhodok Spearmen

So I started another character, this time my intention is to gather an army of the finest (IMO) Calvary, Infantry, and Ranged units in all of Calradia and build an unbeatable army before becoming a warlord and seeing how long I can last. For me that means Swadian Knights, Nord Huscarls (or...
Back
Top Bottom