Sea Raiders and Traitor Fiefs

Users who are viewing this thread

Seekster

Veteran
Two questions today.

First off why do Sea Raiders only appear in Vaegir lands? It makes more sense actually that they would appear in Nord lands or at least in both as Nords used to be alot like Sea Raiders (according to Matheld). Right now Sea Raiders only seem to spawn in a triangle between Rivacheg, Curaw and Wercheg. So in a sense they are at the border but I miss the days when they were around Tihr, just waiting for me to capture and sell them into slavery.

A more serious issue is I have noticed that when a Lord betrays his faction, in this example a Nord lord who quarreled with King Ragnar joined the Swadians (no idea why) obviously he lost his fief but after a few months I went by there and it still doesnt have an owner. There are lords in the Nord faction without any fiefs so it doesn't make sense to just let the fief go without an owner. On a hunch I convinced the lord that Ragnar would give him a fief if he joined the Nords and he did but so far no fief for him. I expect he will get angry at me but he is a quarrelsome lord so I dont really like him much anyway.

bump. I would at least like to have an answer on if I am the only one who is seeing fiefs not being reassigned after a lord turns traitor.

Thats odd, I see lords get kicked from their faction all the time and the fiefs get assigned not long after.

Thanks Ado. I guess it must either just be my game (I also cant find Lezalit anywhere and I finally gave up) or the fact that I am playing in 1.102.

Seekster said:
Two questions today.

First off why do Sea Raiders only appear in Vaegir lands? It makes more sense actually that they would appear in Nord lands or at least in both as Nords used to be alot like Sea Raiders (according to Matheld). Right now Sea Raiders only seem to spawn in a triangle between Rivacheg, Curaw and Wercheg. So in a sense they are at the border but I miss the days when they were around Tihr, just waiting for me to capture and sell them into slavery.

Well according to the game Nords and Sea Raiders are pretty much the same people. Also, it's mentioned by someone(Alayen, I believe) that Nords and Vaegirs have battled before, so it makes perfect sense to me that Sea Raiders would raid the Vaegir coasts rather than their settled countrymen.

A more serious issue is I have noticed that when a Lord betrays his faction, in this example a Nord lord who quarreled with King Ragnar joined the Swadians (no idea why) obviously he lost his fief but after a few months I went by there and it still doesnt have an owner. There are lords in the Nord faction without any fiefs so it doesn't make sense to just let the fief go without an owner. On a hunch I convinced the lord that Ragnar would give him a fief if he joined the Nords and he did but so far no fief for him. I expect he will get angry at me but he is a quarrelsome lord so I dont really like him much anyway.

Well the Kings sometimes seem to take their sweet time deciding who to give whatever fief. Seeing how the game got released a bit rushed, it wouldn't be surprising that the game "forgot" that it was supposed to have that particular fief given to someone, but it might also being Ragnar just being indecisive.

Yeah both of those do make sense I guess. Also while Ragnar seems to be the most bad ass king (I think) he does seem to be a bit dodgy on decisions. I remember in original Mount & Blade he kept declaring war on the Khergits even though it would mean having to go through the Swadian lands which he was already at war with.

Back
Top Bottom