Patch Notes e1.0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

I have 43 hours in game, got 2 crashes after siege battles only but this 1.0.7 patch ruined my experience. I got 3 crashes already and quit playing. I thought these patches were made to prevent that. 1.0.7 needs a patch itself.

edit: crashes occur out of blue, no battles etc. just travelling on the map.

Why max stake of bets are reduced to 150 from 300 :
Currently player can bet again and again in each round and if he is good at combat he can make lots of money from betting. If he was able to bet only at round-1 no need to reduce limit however you can bet each round and it is a bit overpowered and player is not thinking or checking odds before betting he/she nearly always bet.
I played tournaments extensively last night, I found that on average my profit from bets was 1-1.5k gold per tournament.
0F7g4sR.png

• Very roughly my odds worked out like this every time (it's not exactly this ratio in practice but close to it).
    • My quick mental maths suggests Net betting payouts (profits) have reduced by 30-40% on average as of 1.0.7? based on the patch notes reducing the max stake and increasing max betting odds.
  • In addition to this I would sell the reward - if it was, say a sergeants helmet i would make 4.5 - 5k gold selling that (along with my bettings).
So about 1200 + 4500 = 5.7k gold payout for a "good" tournament. Which is not too far off from what I got from raiding caravans (about 5-7k).

I like that you're changing the odds tbh because this current system is far too mechanical.
But what I dont like - based upon those patch notes - is that you seem to only be changing the odds based upon player victories?
For example:

• What if my final fight is a 1 vs 1 duel vs an Aserai peasant (this happens sometimes). The peasant just wears cloth armor - very easy to kill.
  • Now what if my final fight is against an Imperial Caterphracti? they wear heavy, expensive armor, it makes that duel much tougher.
The betting odds should be calculated based upon:
  1. history of the player
  2. AND the difficulty of the opponent, which is comprised of:
    1. their equipped armor
    2. and their skill levels vs player skill levels (i.e. net skill difference)
      • A peasant has low 1h or 2h, a caterphracti has high level 1h and 2h for example,
      • Taking my skill levels vs the enemy skill levels makes a final duel vs a higher tier enemy more profitable, as it raises the odds - unless the player is already highly skilled, then its even or fractional (<1) odds.
Or, if this is something that is too troublesome to implement, Gladiators should all be given the same armor in tournaments, because after winning a few fights, I can buy some good protective gear, which I can wear in the tournament, which makes winning tournaments even easier.

Last edited:
The betting odds should be calculated based upon
  1. history of the player
  2. AND the difficulty of the opponent which is comprised of:
    1. their armor
    2. and their skill levels vs player skill levels
      • a peasant has low 1h or 2h, a caterphracti has high level 1h and 2h for example, this makes a final duel vs a higher tier enemy more profitable, as it raises the odds - unless the player is already highly skilled, then its even odds.
Or, if this is something that is too troublesome to implement, Gladiators should all be given the same armor in tournaments, because after winning a few fights, I can buy some good protective gear, which I can wear in the tournament, which makes winning tournaments even easier.

Its already working like that currently. If your opponent(s) is/are powerfull your odds will be higher and you can multiply your money with a bigger constant. However currently in some cases if your opponent is so weak and if you have a good amount of tournament victories in your history sometimes there can be odds of 1.0 in final round. This will be fixed in next patches minimum odd will be 1.1. Also by time passes without player having new tournament victories your odds will slowly rise again. We will add this too in next patches.

About losing relations while ending mercenary contract it will be fixed in next patch too. I underlined its importance however it is forgetten.

I personally do not like that you capped the tournament betting at 150. I will be looking for a mod which increases the betting limit. However, I would like to see the AI in tournaments increase in difficulty as you progress to the late stages of the tournament. I've always felt that a person I can knock out in 2 swings shouldn't be competing in the finals. Unless they could knock me out in 2 swings. :sneaky:

Great game so far! Really looking forward to the continued development of the game.

Its already working like that currently. If your opponent(s) is/are powerfull your odds will be higher and you can multiply your money with a bigger constant. However currently in some cases if your opponent is so weak and if you have a good amount of tournament victories in your history sometimes there can be odds of 1.0 in final round. This will be fixed in next patches minimum odd will be 1.1. Also by time passes without player having new tournamnet victories your odds will slowly rise again. We will add this too in next patches.
So it already factors in armor? or just relative levels? As it feels pretty minor and probably should be more highly weighted.
(though thank you for clarifying, as that does explain why I was struggling to calculate the odds in excel with higher accuracy lol)

Would it be possible to add a dialogue line with the arena master to tell you what your current odds are?
  • something like "How does the crowd like to bet on me?" and he'd reply with your typical odds.
  • or "What's my win/loss statistic?" etc
So players have an Idea of what to expect / can gauge their performance in tournaments.

I played tournaments extensively last night, I found that on average my profit from bets was 1-1.5k gold per tournament.
0F7g4sR.png

• Very roughly my odds worked out like this every time (it's not exactly this ratio in practice but close to it).
    • My quick mental maths suggests Net betting payouts (profits) have reduced by 30-40% on average as of 1.0.7? based on the patch notes reducing the max stake and increasing max betting odds.
  • In addition to this I would sell the reward - if it was, say a sergeants helmet i would make 4.5 - 5k gold selling that (along with my bettings).
So about 1200 + 4500 = 5.7k gold payout for a "good" tournament. Which is not too far off from what I got from raiding caravans (about 5-7k).

I like that you're changing the odds tbh because this current system is far too mechanical.
But what I dont like - based upon those patch notes - is that you seem to only be changing the odds based upon player victories?
For example:

• What if my final fight is a 1 vs 1 duel vs an Aserai peasant (this happens sometimes). The peasant just wears cloth armor - very easy to kill.
  • Now what if my final fight is against an Imperial Caterphracti? they wear heavy, expensive armor, it makes that duel much tougher.
The betting odds should be calculated based upon:
  1. history of the player
  2. AND the difficulty of the opponent, which is comprised of:
    1. their armor
    2. and their skill levels vs player skill levels
      • A peasant has low 1h or 2h, a caterphracti has high level 1h and 2h for example,
      • Taking my skill levels vs the enemy skill levels makes a final duel vs a higher tier enemy more profitable, as it raises the odds - unless the player is already highly skilled, then its even or fractional (<1) odds.
I don't know how do you get so much money out of tournaments, especially how did you get 750 out of 300, cause maximum odd was 2. Actually, regular profit is 500-600 per one.

I tried starting a new game, but traders still lack a lot of armour. Or the fix about adding 200 pieces of equipment didn't put everything in order?
It depends on what manufactoring is going on in a town, weapons are generally just needing a smith or woodworker, higher armour requires a smith and tanner, wool or linen production

before making cuts to loot value, might want to first fix workshop and caravan income, not to mention sort out equipment costs (60,000 for a mail shirt thats a few extra point f protection better than the next best thats 20,000)

It shouldn't be linear. Your income sure isn't. When I have 2million in the bank, armor like that is nbd. So the curve should flatten at the top end for protection but continue it's incline for price. There is no money sinks at all in this game.

It shouldn't be linear. Your income sure isn't. When I have 2million in the bank, armor like that is nbd. So the curve should flatten at the top end for protection but continue it's incline for price. There is no money sinks at all in this game.
Who cares if the player has tons of money right now? Money sinks will be added in time, I'm sure. That doesn't mean the devs should hold off on balancing equipment prices.

I want all factions alive until I level up my desired skills to ai lord level or top tier troops level (200+). Either make leveling easy or prevent snowballing. none of the factions should get destroyed without player interaction. And please make leveling easy. with my army killing enemy troops I cannot level up my fighting skills.

Arkadaslar elinize saglik. Oyun cok eglenceli olmus. Ben hic crash yasamadim. Surekli reload yapmak memory kullanimini 7 gb a cikartiyordu. O sorun da duzelmis gozukuyor. Andac a selamlar

Can someone explain what this actually means?

"Lords with an excess of 100k denars now act as if they have 100k when purchasing horses for their party. "

Personally never had that much money yet. But I don't understand what the problem was earlier.

Can someone explain what this actually means?

"Lords with an excess of 100k denars now act as if they have 100k when purchasing horses for their party. "

Personally never had that much money yet. But I don't understand what the problem was earlier.

I think what this essentially means, is that the lords were acting as if they had less money than they did and probably weren't buying a sufficient amount of horses for their forces, but I'm guessing here.

Regarding the "having too much money issues in long run", well, one of the reasons to have a huge income is the DAILY wages. Imagine you have a small army, let's say 120 people, at a cost of about 1,200 denars per DAY. This is 8,400 denars a week.

Imagine what kind of army you could field in Warband that would cost you 8,400 denars a week!

So, in regards of this, you need to be able to make that much income without having to fight 2-3 larger battles every day, which is an amount of fighting that is utterly unrealistic, since noone can fight even one battle a day in real life with his medieval army, just to keep it paid. And to be able to make this amount of money in the first place is what will automatically lead to huge incomes in the long run, since you can also make this huge amount WITHOUT having a huge army then, just piling on money.

Having people get rich cannot be avoided anyways, so give people stuff to pay for, like have keep/city upgrades cost money too, just as one point.

Its not an mmo where you have to get rid of money at some point.
Once you got a kingdom/merchant empire whatever running, money is no matter anymore but for maintain your empire and troops.
Make it so that a good piece of armour costs as much as 500 horses is just odd.
The Tier-Level is already there for that i guess and it feels articficial and mmo-ish to see a Tier 2 Glove with a protection of 10 for 250 cash and a Tier 4 Glove with a protection of 12 for 2500 cash and a Tier 6 Glove with a protection of 15 for 19500 cash.

There should be high costs for developing your fiefs, castles, towns, that is where the money should went.

Last edited:
I thank you devs for your patience in explaining us everything. I have a question and the idea:
Idea: could you please provide us with list of things that are simly not implemented yet, but already shown in the game( for example i have a doubt about perks, are they bugged or simply not presented yet?)
Question: there is quite a bunch of mods, making perks working (on nexus for ex.), why do not accumulate them and add to the original game?

Back
Top Bottom