Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

I have started a fresh campaign with last hotfix and this is the current situation after +70 days:

- There is a relevant number of AI Lords going to bankrupt. Even in Vlandia which is the most powerful faction currently, I have detected 4 Lords with money issues.
- As devs as said, Sturgia and Aserai are the kingdoms more affected by money issues and they are now losing their territory fast. Vlandia has been able to take 4 Aserai castles in some few days and Sturgia has Lost 2 towns, one against Battania and the second one against Khuzait.
- War declarations makes much more sense now and some factions have a considerable amount of days without any war. I am ok with this but I miss an option to iníciate a new war as vassal. A quest like we had in Warband or the option to attack other kingdoms without being at war to iniciate one, while losing relationship with the King or something else.
- I have not had any single crash. I am playing without any mod.
- Tannery is still too profitable, I am getting 400-600 daily in every city.
- Combat AI is much more decent now but two handed units are still really bad in tournaments. Even units with +130 weapon skill on two handed and polearm.

Biggest problem currently is Lords going to bankrupt but devs are working on this according to what I have read in this forum.

To fix the bankrupt issue, my suggestions:

- Reduce the impact of prosperity on the amount of money the Lords get from fiesfs. Battania Lords are rich while other Lords in different kingdoms with two or more settlements are poor.
- Reduce wages for Sturgia as Mexxico has said on another post.
- if possible, make something to allow Lords with money issues to disband units and stop recruiting, this way the Lords wont get all his army wounded.

** Please do not revert the new Lords AI which makes the Lords recruit more units and have better garrison. While It brings money issues for some Lords, this change has been great.

Last edited:
I have started a fresh campaign with last hotfix and this is the current situation after +70 days:

- There is a relevant number of AI Lords going to bankrupt. Even in Vlandia which is the most powerful faction currently, I have detected 4 Lords with money issues.
- As devs as said, Sturgia and Aserai are the kingdoms more affected by money issues and they are now losing their territory fast. Vlandia has been able to take 4 Aserai castles in some few days and Sturgia has Lost 2 towns, one against Battania and the second one against Khuzait.
- War declarations makes much more sense now and some factions have a considerable amount of days without any war. I am ok with this but I miss an option to iníciate a new war as vassal. A quest like we had in Warband or the option to attack other kingdoms without being at war to iniciate one, while losing relationship with the King or something else.
- I have not had any single crash. I am playing without any mod.
- Combat AI is much more decent now but two handed units are still really bad in tournaments. Even units with +130 weapon skill on two handed and polearm.

Biggest problem currently is Lords going to bankrupt but devs are working on this according to what I have read in this forum.

To fix the bankrupt issue, my suggestions:

- Reduce the impact of prosperity on the amount of money the Lords get from fiesfs. Battania Lords are rich while other Lords in different kingdoms with two or more settlements are poor.
- Reduce wages for Sturgia as Mexxico has said on another post.
- if possible, make something to allow Lords with money issues to disband units and stop recruiting, this way the Lords wont get all his army wounded.

** Please do not revert the new Lords AI which makes the Lords recruit more units and have better garrison. While It brings money issues for some Lords, this change has been great.

The new system is great, just needs a few income and wages tweaks and we're all set

Yes, nerf every workshop, so their profits will be around 50 denars per months :grin: 400-600 is not that big sum for a workshop, escpecially in a mid/late game. when you have to pay for your big party, for garissons in your fiefs etc. Besides, the profits also depends on the city you buy it in. All these workshops nerfs made them so useless, that I don't even buy them anymore, I just take a pack of my companions and send them walk around with caravans.

Last edited:
400-600 is a lot of money if you take into account that you can sell workshops, you have almost zero risk to lose them if you buy workshops in friendly towns, and you only have to pay 13-14K for them. 400-600 pero day means that you get you investment in just 30 days while they continue giving you money forever.

Currently in late game It is too easy to be rich.

Last edited:
Maybe consider sending your save file to mexxico if you haven't already. He was still looking for save files with this issue last I had heard.

How can I send him the save file? Cannot find the option in the forum. Do you know if I can attach the file in a message or I have to upload it in dropbox or something else and provide the download link? Thanks.

400-600 is a lot of money if you take into account that you can sell workshops, you have almost zero risk to lose them if you buy workshops in friendly towns, and you only have to pay 13-14K for them. 400-600 pero day means that you get you investment in just 30 days while they continue giving you money forever.

IDK which version do you use, but in my 1.3.0 the profits from workshops scarcely go to stable ones, they always vary depending on... well, something, IDK why today I get 300 denars from Tannery and after 2 days my profits are 90 or even lower. And nope, it's not a big money at all, try having 4 or 5 caravans while being neutral - you'll learn what easy money with almost 0 risks looks like.

It's easy to be rich early game without workshops or caravans too, so this is all fluffy **** that doesn't matter at all except to annoy a few players who like the idea of making shops/caravans early and playing a more relaxed game off of their daily income and not massacre lords left and right selling their collector underwear.
is too easy to be rich
THERE'S NOTHING TO USE MONEY FOR you're always rich because you always have more then you need for anything, it doesn't matter if you're sitting on 10k, 50k, 600k, it gives no advantage whatsoever, it might as well just be 'points'.
I'm sure they've got big ideas for the economy but now is not the time to nickle and dime over stuff that isn't causing a problem. Maybe they should be giving each lord a shop or 2?
What I don't want is an artificial challenge where the player has ultra limited ways to support themselves, and the AI gets magically generated gold and units.
This could be easily done and would be the easy way out and really set back the game overall IMO.

Pen Cannoc Pottery Shop was nerfed because It gave us 500-700 daily. Now I am getting 400-600 (sometimes a bit less or more) with Tannery in every town... Anyway, there is much more relevant issues currently in the game like a lot of Lords going to bankrupt (more than 10% of Lords in my campaigns, I would say 20-30%), so I do not care much about Tannery. If you like to play with unbalanced things and get money ridicously easy since the start of the game, good for you. I just have to stop using these things and problem solved for me.

well in 1.3 ..now once war ends you get alot of time at peace if you are with a faction.. i am in mid game and dont have any shops or any thing to get money apart from fighting... I did not get any as i did not need them in 1.2 .. but now its alot harder to get money if you are in a faction and they are at peace. so there is a need to have shops and things... so now in my game its got to a point were i need war to get money and then get shops and things for later...

well in 1.3 ..now once war ends you get alot of time at peace if you are with a faction.. i am in mid game and dont have any shops or any thing to get money apart from fighting... I did not get any as i did not need them in 1.2 .. but now its alot harder to get money if you are in a faction and they are at peace. so there is a need to have shops and things... so now in my game its got to a point were i need war to get money and then get shops and things for later...

Raid a village and start war yourself : D

IDK which version do you use, but in my 1.3.0 the profits from workshops scarcely go to stable ones, they always vary depending on... well, something, IDK why today I get 300 denars from Tannery and after 2 days my profits are 90 or even lower. And nope, it's not a big money at all, try having 4 or 5 caravans while being neutral - you'll learn what easy money with almost 0 risks looks like.
Yea, agree. I really don't want them to nerf income any more. I'm playing as Sturgia and my fiefs are all being steamrolled by a 2000 man Khuzait doomstack. Without workshops and caravans, I wouldn't be able to support myself or my clan member parties and be able to afford new powerful armour for my clanmates + children. Late game armour is very expensive.

More things to spend our money on will come: hoding feasts, holding tournaments (?), better balanced bartering, bribing lords, buying fiefs, more expensive weddings / betrothal, paying for your kids equipment + tutoring, sending gifts, paying for peace, etc...

Let's not nerf income into the ground when most planned features aren't even in the game yet.

Yea, agree. I really don't want them to nerf income any more. I'm playing as Sturgia and my fiefs are all being steamrolled by a 2000 man Khuzait doomstack. Without workshops and caravans, I wouldn't be able to support myself or my clan member parties and be able to afford new powerful armour for my clanmates + children. Late game armour is very expensive.

More things to spend our money on will come: hoding feasts, holding tournaments (?), better balanced bartering, bribing lords, buying fiefs, more expensive weddings / betrothal, paying for your kids equipment + tutoring, sending gifts, paying for peace, etc...

Let's not nerf income into the ground when most planned features aren't even in the game yet.
Yes to that

Both campaigns started in 1.3.0:

And here you have a link to download my savegames:

https://we.tl/t-EoxknCSsLK

In the campaign playing as a Sturgian character (first screen), I am on day 77 and I have 3 Tanneries giving me +1200 denars per day and I am going to be rich pretty soon. Not saying that Workshops have been my only income source and I have got a lot of money trading but what it is disturbing about Tannery Workshop is that it gives a lot of money passively without any risk. In my opinion, workshops should give 300-400 as much and only the best ones and most profitable in some key towns.

I think it is too easy to make money in the game. On the other hand, armors are still too expensive which makes the game less immersive for me. I am a rich guy who is able to pay wages for everyone, then a Vlandian Bannerlord Knight is able to have the best possible equipment while I do not even find a tier 6 armor in merchants. I think we should receive less income while armors should be available since day 1 and be cheaper.

Anyway, I also do agree with we need more ways to spend money and hopefully, this will be the case when more content gets added.

What's player income got to do with stopping a 2000 man doomstack though? Affording better equipment for your 5-6 companions + yourself won't allow you to stop an army like that. And it's also not too difficult to sustain a high tier army's wages between the passive income from caravans, workshops, and taxes + loot. If you can't stop a 2000 man doomstack with 150 high tier units and decked out companions then the problem doesn't have anything to do with player income.

Rest assured though, they know Sturgia is underpowered and are working on a fix!

Back
Top Bottom