Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean you want the unstable test features and want to add further instability with mods and then complain when it has issues? Yes your sassy response is recognized. People are in here complaining about crashes on the beta with mods. Wait a few days for this stuff to move to the main branch or dont complain when mods **** up crashes or saves.
Adding mods period is simply playing with fire, and will be complained about on both stable and beta when something goes wrong. I am not defending people who complain to TW about issues with mods, I am merely saying that there is justifiable reason to mod the beta version over the stable.

And how many high-tier troops will you or any Lord gain from simple recruiting? Without any looter-grind and stuff? The number will be quite insubstantial, and if the lords will form an army, it will consist 2/3 of recruits. We will return to the very point we began from.
not necessarily. Maybe they are defending more often then engaging in open fields, and griding the enemy down. I know autoresolving sieges doesnt work well, and when they fix sieges, battles should make losses more realistic for attacker.

More importantly, as someone pointed out, having a castle/town with recruits = training on a daily basis. I think a single lord can probably recruit 10-20% from high tier (there are kingdom policies too!). The main point here, is in a big battle, you can also lose a **** load of good troops. 2K v 2K equal can put you down to where, even if you win - you will have to regroup etc.

I think it balances itself in some respects. Imagine winning a battle - then being stuck at your troop number - however your enemy AUTOMATICALLY GETS 10% troops back!!!!!

Do ou get 10% troops on spawn? I think its ****.

PS: if you lose with your lords, the same rule applies to them. I dont think it is a far fetched implentation.
If its such a hot topic as we see here, they should add it to campaign options (0,5,10% AI lord spawn ie realistic, easy, very easy)

Is there any way to I revert the game to 1.2?

Out of habit I opted in on updating when I launched Bannerlord today and I clearly wasn't thinking. I should have gone offline and played out my save game. My only save game mind you, other than the vanilla test run i played for a 2 days without any mods to get the feel for the basics and what to expect from vanilla. I've been playing my subsequent save game the last 3 weeks since I purchased the game. Now it's all gone. Kaput.

Mods are really the only thing that are making the game playable and enjoyable because of many missing/broken features. I understand it's EA, don't lecture please. I'm just pissed because I'm an idiot and updated the game instead of going offline the next few weeks till my save game campaign plays out.

That was just an example of 1 lord. Now imagine that with 10+ lords at the same time. Sat waiting in towns fighting for recruits, they are going to need maybe 20 recruits to safely leave. Then they will be running around the villages fighting for recruits. Yes they can take out of garrisons, but this will then lead them to be weakend and only having about 200 militia defending.

Also don't forget that they have decreased the chance for lords to escape and then they will respawn 2 days later once they have, that could be over a week anyway..

As for losing fiefs not being a big deal. It is a big deal for the AI as it means less recruits. Don't forget that the AI will only recruit from their own kingdoms settlements. The player doesn't have this issue as they can recruit from any non-hostile settlement.

Getting the balance is going to be tough but having them spawn with nothing is a bit harsh.
I can see how there are lots of issues. You raise very good points. I think most importantly, is militias are the main, free garrisoning force, and the garrison an army ready to spring into action. As you take out from the Garrison, there should be a mechanic to slowly add real recruits that get training.

Remember, taking out men from a garrison weakens the defense, but it increases the field strength - the strength doesnt simply disappear into thin air. That Garrison can now go out and defend other fiefs (as part of an army!)

Also, those 10 lords, can get a small amount of recruits, then link up in an army, and continue to recruit (AI currently does this).

in a previous post, i mention how if this is a hot topic, devs should put it in campaign option for player to choose (i believe they should do this with lots of settings if possible).

I didn't mean to imply that lords were fighting bandit parties that were stronger than them. I'm saying they spend part of their time patrolling around settlements clearing out bandit parties. They can take losses during this process just like the player. Here's a quick example:

And here's my source that they clear out hideouts. I'm simply saying that a lord's sole motive is not to just seek and destroy the player, so even if they spawn with 10% of troops they are programmed to have other duties that they will carry out, and need troops to do so.

Also, lords that are defeated in battle (and don't rout) will always be captured; they do not instantly respawn. The average time to escape for an AI lord taken prisoner by another AI lord ranges from roughly 2 to 4.5 days. This essentially acts as a "cooldown" like you were talking about and isn't drastically different from the 3-7 days that you suggested. They do have a chance to escape before then which can make it seem instantaneous, but that's the average time to escape.
Ya. You raise some good points. I think the main thing is to try the current version.

All I can remember is endless battles from the enemy with previous defeated lords so so shortly after. It just made the game so retardedly repetitive without any reward for winning the field battles.

Also, I just think its important to remember that the AI also captures friendly lords, and these rules would apply across the board, so its not only 'disadvantaging' (i prefer leveling) the playing field for the enemy, it levels it for all of Calradia.

I just dont see how the cooldown is sufficient, given a big battle with escaped lords, they get 10% + can go ahead and do everything (including taking out from garrisons), they can be back in a field army very quickly, giving the player less respite (player sustains 100% losses, vs 90% for the AI!!!!!! ridiculous, and for winning to top it off!). 1 week is nothing in game, 2 weeks even isnt much. Like i said, i have ~14 in game years, and in 2 weeks you cant take over an entire kingdom, its just not possible.

Is there any way to I revert the game to 1.2?

Out of habit I opted in on updating when I launched Bannerlord today and I clearly wasn't thinking. I should have gone offline and played out my save game. My only save game mind you, other than the vanilla test run i played for a 2 days without any mods to get the feel for the basics and what to expect from vanilla. I've been playing my subsequent save game the last 3 weeks since I purchased the game. Now it's all gone. Kaput.

Mods are really the only thing that are making the game playable and enjoyable because of many missing/broken features. I understand it's EA, don't lecture please. I'm just pissed because I'm an idiot and updated the game instead of going offline the next few weeks till my save game campaign plays out.

I have mine set to update when i play too, and panicked when i heard about another update just now (yesterdays broke a single mod on me)
I use the Mod Launcher from Nexus, and it can launch the game without updating, as long as i dont start it through steam itself.

Thankfully this seems to avoid the latest update ( i must have clicked on Steam to launnch it yesterday, as it works for now and i wont update the game till i see tomorrow whats broken.

You could try and set the beta version to 1.20 in the steam options for the game?

We just put out another hotfix to the beta branch. Part of this hotfix is to test

The beauty of the Beta Branch is that I can set the version (which is compatible with my current mod set) this is awesome as even if the game updates i can still stay on a particular version until mod authors update, or even if they dont.
That means i can still play the game regardless of updates happening, well apart from hotfixes within a version ie 1.30, which seem to break this now, hence request for 1.31 increment. Steam seems to support delta patching so this shouldn't be a huge problem to keep minor versions?

Unfortunately, on the main branch i can control what version I'm playing on, it will update to 1.40 as soon as it comes out. That lack of control is a downer as then i have to wait to update mods\disable them to play again.
Believe it or now I'm playing mainly for single player and the mods and it doesn't bother me so much about not being able to get online for multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom