How to Play as the Sturgia [Video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Sturgian Friends,

We are aware of situation and working on this issue.

Do not lose your hope, one day you will conquer Vlandian towns and take your revenge.

Edit : Also Aserai in same situation too.

Last edited:
Dear Sturgian Friends,

Do not lose your hope, one day you will conquer Vlandian towns and take your revenge.

Dear Developer,

Really curious if the position of cities and campaign map for Aserai and especially Sturgia is in its final form?
Or is there still a chance the map will be changed? As the map and city placements make playing Aserai and Sturgia a hassle.

Dear Developer,

Really curious if the position of cities and campaign map for Aserai and especially Sturgia is in its final form?
Or is there still a chance the map will be changed? As the map and city placements make playing Aserai and Sturgia a hassle.

I am currently examining reasons make these two factions weaker than others. What I see is one of main reason is economical. These two factions have less income compared to others. Two reasons of this are : 1-less average prosperity their settlements have 2-because they are isolated they have some other economical disadvantages (less tariffs, less loots...). When the reasons are proven (working on to prove currently) we can give these two factions better cultural advantages to overcome economical disadvantages. I do not think map easily changes but south lake is so big I wish there were a connection between Qasira and Poros or Askar to be located between Sanala and Quyaz. Probably that kind of things adds much to gameplay. However it can be late for this. These location/connection problems are generally in Aserai lands second problematic areas are Sturgians.

Great video, laughed hard as I know the pain.
On my current playthrough, Sturgia is not doing all that bad though, same for Aserai, although the got some nice towns first couple years in more in the middle of map.

I am currently examining reasons make these two factions weaker than others. What I see is one of main reason is economical. These two factions have less income compared to others. Two reasons of this are : 1-less average prosperity their settlements have 2-because they are isolated they have some other economical disadvantages (less tariffs, less loots...). When the reasons are proven (working on to prove currently) we can give these two factions better cultural advantages to overcome economical disadvantages. I do not think map easily changes but south lake is so big I wish there were a connection between Qasira and Poros or Askar to be located between Sanala and Quyaz. Probably that kind of things adds much to gameplay. However it can be late for this. These location/connection problems are generally in Aserai lands second problematic areas are Sturgians.

I think that lower prosperity in Sturgia cities could be recompensed with a couple of things:
1. A little lower wages
2. Working debuff on speed in snow for all factions except Sturgians
3. Working debuff on food consumption in snowy areas for all except Sturgia

As for Aserai they should get same food and speed bonuses in desert area. Their cities however should be fixed to be more wealthy. Maybe additional expensive resource that only they can produce that will attract caravans more and higher food prices. Actually caravans are not making too much food trading they rather focus on other goods right now.

Dear Sturgian Friends,

Thank you so much Mexxico.
Once again I'd like to make a point of the fact that after installing a mod that removes the Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus, my campaign became much more balanced, with Sturgia standing a much greater chance of holding its own even without my help. Besides looking at specifically Sturgian and Aserai issues (of which there are many issues to look at), you might also want to take a look at autocalculated battle numbers, especially the powerful Cavalry bonus, and consider making some changes there too.

If any changes to geography are ever considered, the most obvious problems with the Sturgian geography (this is the faction I'm more familiar with), is the area between Varnovapol/Sibir and Tyal, there's barely anything here and it takes an extremely long time to travel between these two points.

I'd personally consider having Tyal be approached from the West rather than South-East that it currently is, I would also change the locations of Borchavagorka (?), & Vladiv Castle and its villages. You might also want to take a look at Revyl, aswell as the distances between Sturgian villages in general.

Dear Sturgian Friends,

Thank you very much!

I have started today a new campaign and I was thinking to play as Sturgia vassal to have some fun trying to save It but It will be impossible. At day 6X, a lot of sturgian Lords have 0 denars and while Sturgia did It pretty good in the first couple of days against Khuzait and Battania and signed peace with more territory (Sturgia was able to take a Khuzait Castle), now Sturgia is getting crushed in a new war against Kuzhait but mostly due to a lot if Lords without money, small garrison, etc.

Regargind Lords going to bankrupt, I think It is not just a Sturgia and Aserai issue and I have detected Lords in other factions with the same issue. In my past campaign as Vlandia vassal, I could see at least 4 Vlandian Lords with money issues, despite of Vlandia being the most powerful faction.

Anyway, I am happy with the new campaign AI for Lords and It is great how effective they are at recruiting units and and increasing garrison. When bankrupt issues get fixed, I think that most of problems with snowballing will disappear again.

I also think a reason is that AI leaves kingdoms too quick. This was supposedly fixed a few patches ago.

Lose 2 or 3 fiefs and the King is now your enemy. Does relation affect how easy clans leave?

I made a thread here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...why-sturgia-gets-wiped-out-too-easily.420425/

I was trying my best, but there is only so much you can do when a 2000 man Khuzait doomstack rolls up to your towns.

tD8W6Sp.png

I see clans leave even for the enemy that we are still at war with... so we lose 300 men and the enemy gains 300 men. A battle that was 1000 vs 1000 is suddenly 1300 vs 700. Clans actually have DOUBLE the effect when they leave. Big clans with 3 or 4 lords should try to get their home back and not suddenly become vassals to Battania. They shouldn't be too happy that another lord now lives inside their towns and castles. This is even a thing in CK2... when there is a lord that loses his fief, he will not join you because "you cannot press his claims", he can't reconquer the town if he's part of the faction that conquered it.

Last edited:
Well maybe matching Sturgian troops skill levels with the weapons they use my help. The champion cavalry has 220 bow and 60 polearm and is equipped with a polearm and no bow. I've heard of other stat mismatches but it being the top tier troop kinda stands out.

Basically Sturgians are on the loosing side in any autocalculated battle against party that contains a lot of cav/HA.

Here's a simulation of the chance that Unit of certain tier will kill other unit in autocalc based on the current system:

Tier/TierT1T2T3T4T5T6T1MT2MT3MT4MT5MT6M
T1
50%​
34%​
25%​
19%​
15%​
12%​
38%​
26%​
19%​
15%​
12%​
9%​
T2
72%​
50%​
36%​
28%​
22%​
18%​
55%​
38%​
28%​
21%​
17%​
14%​
T3
98%​
67%​
50%​
38%​
30%​
25%​
75%​
52%​
38%​
29%​
23%​
19%​
T4
100%​
87%​
64%​
50%​
40%​
32%​
97%​
67%​
49%​
38%​
30%​
25%​
T5
100%​
100%​
80%​
62%​
50%​
41%​
100%​
84%​
62%​
48%​
38%​
31%​
T6
100%​
100%​
98%​
76%​
60%​
50%​
100%​
100%​
75%​
58%​
46%​
38%​
T1M
65%​
44%​
33%​
25%​
20%​
16%​
50%​
34%​
25%​
19%​
15%​
12%​
T2M
94%​
65%​
48%​
37%​
29%​
24%​
72%​
50%​
36%​
28%​
22%​
18%​
T3M
100%​
88%​
65%​
50%​
40%​
33%​
98%​
67%​
50%​
38%​
30%​
25%​
T4M
100%​
100%​
84%​
65%​
52%​
42%​
100%​
87%​
64%​
50%​
39%​
32%​
T5M
100%​
100%​
100%​
81%​
65%​
53%​
100%​
100%​
80%​
62%​
50%​
41%​
T6M
100%​
100%​
100%​
99%​
79%​
65%​
100%​
100%​
98%​
76%​
60%​
50%​

Little explenation:
This table shows % chance that unit chosen in autocalc as attacking side will kill unit chosen as defending side. This is based on how the autocalc works (took the formulas used from reddit post https://old.reddit.com/r/mountandbl..._you_should_know_about_auto_calc_kind_of_sad/ )

So for example if T6M (T6 Cavalry) is on attacking side it has 100% chance to kill every T1, T2, T3 and 99% chance to kill T4.
As the reddit post explained HA are treated the same as normal cav so they act the same in simulation. This puts every infantry based army in huge disadvantage in auto calculated battles and all AI vs AI are auto calculated.

You could create trade routes (like empire total war, the circles) They could act as cities for caravans/boats, so they can trade with nords/desert tribes.

tradescreen3.jpg

Just want to chime in and say I have no problem at all with the campaign map changing. If it can help balance the factions better than go for it, also have whoever is in charge of the map move Sargot back north please (just swap names with something). Maybe we should do a poll to see how people feel about future changes to the map/town locations?

Edit: Made a poll here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ampaign-map-are-you-ok-with-that-poll.421379/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom