High level prisoners (named Nobles) are randomly escaping my party

Users who are viewing this thread

It is pretty bad as-is.

I had a big battle against Battania right outside Varcheg just today. Captured an enemy lord. It took about 5 seconds on fast forward to get to Varcheg but the enemy lord was gone before I got to the dungeon.

Apparently Harry Houdini is a Battanian lord because that is one Hell of an escape!

late game isn't worth playing because it's almost impossible to keep defeated factions under control. You can't execute them without massive penalties and even in dungeons they escape and raise armies too quickly. It's also impossible to make lasting peace with anybody and lords randomly leave you for no reason, so it's a game of constantly putting out fires and micromanagement. I would just stay away from it until fixed. Right now I started a new game and I'm just not starting a kingdom or getting into wars for as long as possible and finding other stuff to do like leveling skills until the game gets fixed.

late game isn't worth playing because it's almost impossible to keep defeated factions under control. You can't execute them without massive penalties and even in dungeons they escape and raise armies too quickly. It's also impossible to make lasting peace with anybody and lords randomly leave you for no reason, so it's a game of constantly putting out fires and micromanagement. I would just stay away from it until fixed. Right now I started a new game and I'm just not starting a kingdom or getting into wars for as long as possible and finding other stuff to do like leveling skills until the game gets fixed.

I think that's the best option. The "core" gameplay is broken because of idiotic diplomacy and random war declarations coupled with lords escaping and respawning with new armies. It's just constantly putting out fires. This village is attacked. That castle is under siege. Etc etc. There's not even a point to fighting large battles or battles that might even seem close because even if you win the enemy gets a free army to come back with and you have to sit there and rebuild yours over the course of weeks.

Well in warband, captured lords all have a random chance of escaping captivity. The default was like 20% each every 72 hours or something. This gets reduced by skills and if they are in castles, but is never 0. And it applies to lords captured by AI also. In fact, I was probably necessary for the AI otherwise most lords will just end up in the dungeons after a while. I believe it was also necessary so the player character can escape captivity too.
So I imagine it to be the same in Bannerlord.

The problem is that the chance of escape is way too high, especially in dungeons. What is happening is they escape faster than you can capture them so the enemy always has an unending supply of lords harassing your villages or down right making an army and taking your fiefs. Further, even if you engage 12 random independent lords and 3 large armies, win and capture all the lords, they will be back again with 15 minutes with yet another army. You just can't get ahead of them.

Might be bugged. The escape rate seems way higher than just 20% over 3 days... Every single one of the last 6 lords i've captured has escaped within a couple of days. Didn't happen before the most recent patch.

I had 6 lords who all escaped within 1 day. I also seem to had suddenly lost 30 tier 4+ troops. Though that may be related to offensive baristas getting destroyed in a siege...? Have anyone experience escaping lords killing your troops as they escape? I didn't even see a clear message about it, they were just gone.

They have ZERO health. They should not be able to move, let alone escape.

There needs to be a brief period where escape is impossible. Such a period does not currently exist.

i was having an issue with this, lvl 10 roughly but now im lvl 18 and ive forgotten about lords I meant to "store" and suddenly realized i have them weeks later so i wonder if there is a modifier that been changed since lvl 10ish, ie clan rank or overall lvl compared to the lord, possibly roguery skill has an affect against their roguery skill?

i was having an issue with this, lvl 10 roughly but now im lvl 18 and ive forgotten about lords I meant to "store" and suddenly realized i have them weeks later so i wonder if there is a modifier that been changed since lvl 10ish, ie clan rank or overall lvl compared to the lord, possibly roguery skill has an affect against their roguery skill?

I also noticed that on higher lvls lords are escaping less frequently, but I haven’t tested that, it’s only my guess.

I consider that you cannot keep a prisoner right now. That simple. In your party or dungeon, they will quickly escape. So you cannot use that as a strategy whatsoever.

You release (or ransom) or kill them.

They are going to fix this in the next big patch. The patch should be out in 2-3 days(said on April 20) so it should be out tomorrow or the day after.

It's not going to be fixed, it's just going to be slightly less annoying. They won't fix it because it's a crutch to avoid snowballing. Yay, instead of them respawning every 3 days with a full army they'll be respawning every 4.5!

It's not going to be fixed, it's just going to be slightly less annoying. They won't fix it because it's a crutch to avoid snowballing. Yay, instead of them respawning every 3 days with a full army they'll be respawning every 4.5!

I think they are going to reduce the escape chance by 20% which is quite a bit.

I think they are going to reduce the escape chance by 20% which is quite a bit.
they said from 50 to 25 its half the-10 rate still strong on paper ganna wait and do the testing
i dont mind it being 1/4 chance to escape me when i am moving on the map daily
but it should be 5% for castles/towns

here my thoughts I have experienced lord escaping but not frequently because I always sold them in tavern and got rogue points I have really high level on it and when I capture lord I notice they dont escape that often the least day they escaping is at least 3days some can't scape for week but I can't track it if I have too many lord as my prisoner but on one prisoner it seems that the case and I only capture the leader faction

You can never hold an entire faction prisoner for obvious balance reasons, every lord has a 50% escape from dungeons and 25% from your party ( or the other way around ) chance every day if i read it right.

You can never hold an entire faction prisoner for obvious balance reasons, every lord has a 50% escape from dungeons and 25% from your party ( or the other way around ) chance every day if i read it right.

Daily escape chance from walled settlement : will decrease to 7.5% from 10% (with 1.3.0)
Daily escape chance from mobile party : will decrease to 22.5%-45% from 30%-60% (with 1.3.0) (30% from a party with more than 81 healthy men, 60% from 0 healthy man party)
If player is capturer probabilities are multiplied with 0.33 if mobile (was there since EA), 0.5 if prisoner is at player's walled settlement (new at 1.3.0)

YzxtZ.png

So with 1.3.0 if you place your prisoner to one of your walled settlements escaping chance of prisoner will be 3.75% daily means nearly 25-30 days of average prisoned time.

We know this escaping thing is disturbing. When new heroes are added to game these probabilities will be decresed very much. Currently there is no replacements so it is risky to reduce daily escape chance to 2.5%s this can cause kingdoms to lose lots of settlements after losing one big army battle.

Last edited:
Escaping nobles was always part of M&B, both for the player and enemies. We are not playing Pokémon.
That doesn't mean the current situation is ideal nor does it mean it will be fixed after the next patch. However, trying to win the game by capturing every noble on the map is probably a bad idea and shouldn't be a feature.

they said from 50 to 25 its half the-10 rate still strong on paper ganna wait and do the testing
i dont mind it being 1/4 chance to escape me when i am moving on the map daily
but it should be 5% for castles/towns

Yeah they still testing it, but having them in castles/town should reduce it by a lot. Again lords escaping right now is to help reduce snowballing, so they will probably make it a lot less once they fix the snowball issue.

Back
Top Bottom