? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Custom banners need to be added back, have they changed the code in a major way or sth?
I'm really not sure of the exact issue that broke themof breaking them. I think that they updated a couple of symbols and therefore the old code don't work anymore, until they're ready to implement an in-game customiser (similar to the Banner party website), I reckon it's important for customisation to make sure that this functionnality is still there.

I'm really not sure of the exact issue that broke themof breaking them. I think that they updated a couple of symbols and therefore the old code don't work anymore, until they're ready to implement an in-game customiser (similar to the Banner party website), I reckon it's important for customisation to make sure that this functionnality is still there.
Is that website 3rd party?

I need save files for "lords going bankrupt" issue. I am making some tests and I see very less number of lords going bankrupt and they recover in short term. If you have any save file showing this situation (especially ones who cannot recover or most of lords of a kingdom in bankrupt) you can upload and send me.

Edit : I find one sample. Aserai leader Unqid was in bankrupt. He had 225 troops using 100% party size so do not consider taking men from garrison even garrisons have more than expected (in bankrupt they take men from garrison to lower costs). Also Aserai has no enemy in current game and he cannot find a way to attack and lower his party men count. There is no mechanism for now to disband troops for AI. Maybe it should be added.

Last edited:
I need save files for "lords going bankrupt" issue. I am making some tests and I see very less number of lords going bankrupt and they recover in short term. If you have any save file showing this situation (especially ones who cannot recover or most of lords of a kingdom in bankrupt) you can upload and send me.
Thank you very much @mexxico for investigating this issue

@durbal, @Adijazz1706, @JustinTime49, can you provide the save games in which this happened? Maybe mention which lords are bankrupt from recruiting too!

Thank you very much @mexxico for investigating this issue

@durbal, @Adijazz1706, @JustinTime49, can you provide the save games in which this happened? Maybe mention which lords are bankrupt from recruiting too!

Probably it is not because recruiting but maybe their income is not enough to pay wages of troops even they have less troops, so slowly they lose their money and they go bankrupt. Normally leaders with less money slowly reduce their party sizes and garrisons.

Probably these lords (bankrupt ones) should be lords who their clan has no settlement. Even they have less settlements (like 1-2 castles) they generally reduce garrison sizes to balance income and outcome. In my tests this system seems working. If there is any proofs where it is not working I can examine the situation. There can be special cases maybe so I can find out.

Last edited:
Anyone has Mercenary Stuck in Village Bug ?
They are member of minor faction, i'm passing by and see he keeps stucking in there forever.
_dMp-.jpg

Last edited:
I can't say for sure, but this seemed to break when they disabled the Alt+F4 command in game. I'm guessing it also disabled Ctrl+V too, so you can no longer paste the code into the banner window because the game doesn't register the shortcut anymore. Unfortunate side effect.

Edit: Oh yeah the website creator actually sort of confirmed this, but for a different reason:
In Bannerlord beta e1.3.0 copy/paste was removed from the banner editor. Probably because it could crash the game. I created a small mod available here: BannerPaste that allows you to copy/paste like before. As a bonus it likely won't crash if you paste something invalid.

there is a bug i would like to add
if you are raiding when a companion returns from a quest he will not return to your party and can non be found on the map(lost 4 ever)

Anyone has Mercenary Stuck in Village Bug ?
They are member of minor faction, i'm passing by and see he keeps stucking in there forever.
_dMp-.jpg
its happened to my companion but he was still recruiting from the village and infact he kept growing so not a money issue or starving issue

Ah, I end up deleting save files that usually cause issues, so that's my bad!

However, in terms of lords, here is a very short list of those I remember:
  • Aldric, clan leader of dey Tihr, owner of Pravend and the western castle(forgot the name). Ran around with 50w troops and when bartering has no denars to his name.
  • Kuloving members that only had Krainrog castle to their name.
And as an example, here was a YT video of Surrealbelies that I watched before making a post as I first thought it was just me with the issue
26:16 Vipon has no ready soldiers, but still tries to join an army

I have also seen this, with both mercenaries and some lords. I believe it also has something to do with bankruptcy, and I read that the source code for mercenaries have it so that special troops appear out of thin air right now so long as the player is nowhere near.

Did you send a savefile to mexxico so he can look at why lords are going bankrupt?

It's not as bad for me as people report, I assume they are going bankrupt as I see a lot of armies suffering from lack of food. Did not stumble upon situations as some people point out with parties standing still at villages, hence not sending a save file.
I'm positively surprised by the new war/peace mechanic, wars seem to make more sense, although Kuzait seems to be steamrolling a bit too much for my liking. At 700 days into the game, Kuzait have 12 towns and army strength of around 10k, they have been oscillating around that number for quite a while now even when they had fewer towns. Every other faction has around 3.5k - 4.5k so it's starting to look like it might snowball soon.

Back
Top Bottom