Cavalry Menavlions

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread makes no sense to me. Having a menav or a glaive on horseback is a major risk, so much so that you don't see it played in comp at all. Mopping up trash in TDM doesn't represent the bigger picture of balance. There are so many ways of countering them that I think their damage output is absolutely justified.

Maybe it's not viable in Skirmish, but honestly balancing everything around a 6v6 mode is just going to bring problems up further down the line. The only reason it's not viable is because of pin-point accurate projectiles, requiring you to bring a shield or you're point and clicked out of existence. Besides that just about everyone can admit they're OP and broken.

Just to clarify, I think Skirmish is probably the best mode so far to balance around, but trying to balance combined arms around 6v6 is retarded and will result in an absolute balance cluster**** when larger scale modes are introduced.

Don't ask what devs can do for you but ask yourself how you can game to be a better player?
We will just adapt and find another way to overcome you more once again tabarnac haha

This thread makes no sense to me. Having a menav or a glaive on horseback is a major risk, so much so that you don't see it played in comp at all. Mopping up trash in TDM doesn't represent the bigger picture of balance. There are so many ways of countering them that I think their damage output is absolutely justified.
You clearly dont play TDM AND Siege
Its literally a death scythe on the hoverboard, of course it makes a little skill in thrust/throw/shoot to overcome this class
But with proper use one Courser with menavlion can scythe the whole enemy team casual fodder, which is absolutely required in these gamemodes to serve as a screening force/pushing force, while itself Courser with menav costs a spare money, and runs over the map with a speed of a rocket
I used this tactic myself too much time and i know what about im speaking, it literally ruins fun in anti-empire battles in these modes, and you hear it from a player which picks empire in a 95% just because i immensly love aestetics/classes of this faction

However im not that aganist a glaive, high price/slow speed/low range somewhat balances this weapon, it just needs a narrower side slash, and it will be ok. Also i hate menav on cav in terms of realism, its like using and 2h awlpike on horse, this is too stupid

Having access to shield+glaive as lancer kinda removes that risk though.
>Hold your shield till you're in melee range of archer >switch out your shield> glaive the archer to death>equip shield again
Unless there is a second archer covering the first one or the archer you're glaiving is really good at surviving, I don't think there is that much risk involved with the glaive.

I can tolerate the Glaive on horse if and only if khuzait is the only faction proficient enough with riding skills to be allowed SIDE SWINGS while riding. Since TW is making Khuzait to be the Cavalry oriented faction, make them the only faction abble to maneuver and attack precisely with 2h weapons like Glaive.

All the other factions should be limited to Upper and Down swings while riding horses. That way we have clear distinct factions metas :
Khuzait = Cavalry with Glaive riders and good Archers
Aserai = Skirmishers, sorta Glass cannon faction.
Battania = Archers + Skirmishers
Empire and Vlandia = "knights" factions with snipers
Sturgia = Meme faction that needs a full rework IMO. They should be the best Infantry oriented faction, but their weapon swings too slow.

This isn't about TDM, Skirmish, Captain, or Siege. The game mode doesn't matter.

Having a cop-out 1-hit-kill weapon that can be swung from horseback, has janky animations, and huge reach is objectively an unbalanced item, and is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game.

It's no wonder why people are frustrated with this issue.

Do you ever see any of the good cav players play without the shield on their tournament games? Barely?
Because you will get wiped by good archers and throwing. Not to mention that its almost feels impossible to beat 2h infantry with 2h cav.
I agree its OP vs people who dont know how to organise themselfs on the battlefield but it is totaly balanced in my opinion.

There is an entire genre of weapons (2H cav weapons) that are useless and irrelevant in competitive Skirmish tournaments (for obvious reasons).

The main balancing for MP should be centered around competitive Skirmish/Battle Mode.

That being said, if a weapon is ineffective and obsolete in Skirmish -and practically nonexistent in tournament play, then wouldn't any changes made to said weapon bear no impact on Skirmish as a whole?

Bear in mind that for the past year+ numerous threads have been made about how certain 2H cav weapons spoil the enjoyment of other game modes -which, depending on the server region and time of day you're playing, see a higher player count than Skirmish.

Honestly it's shortsighted when people think cavalry menavlions shouldn't be re-evaluated by Taleworlds if their main argument is because the systemic design of Skirmish doesn't allow for their viable use. As stated a few paragraphs above, if a weapon has no relevancy in regards to Skirmish Mode, then why all the gatekeeping concerning any tweaks/changes made to it?

Do you ever see any of the good cav players play without the shield on their tournament games? Barely?
Because you will get wiped by good archers and throwing. Not to mention that its almost feels impossible to beat 2h infantry with 2h cav.
I agree its OP vs people who dont know how to organise themselfs on the battlefield but it is totaly balanced in my opinion.
Just making 2H swing from horseback slower would make some difference. I agree 2H cav are easy kills for archers or anyone who can counter cavalry. Bruh, that avatar, what are you doing to that dog?

Not to mention that its almost feels impossible to beat 2h infantry with 2h cav.
Only if you are aganist 2h with a pike, a thrust of menavlion is much longer then most of 2h weapons swings/thrusts anyway
About competive game - im not competive player, i dont want to be one, also competive players are like 5% of MP playerbase so TW should focus more on casual games if they want to keep MP alive.
TBH im not right, they should just make different classes/balances on competive skirmish/casual sieges and tdm, they should not have similar classes/perks so both of playerbases will have their own foundation of somewhat fun game
Also if this weapon is so useless in competive, it only hardens my suggestion to remove this perk(s) from game

To all players who think menav/glaive is "useless and innefective because muh competive" - its fun and ok to solo vs 1-2-3 of these polearm horsemen, but try to do it vs 10-20 prancing scythes of death in games with more then 60 people and then say me this isnt overeffective weapon

There is an entire genre of weapons (2H cav weapons) that are useless and irrelevant in competitive Skirmish tournaments (for obvious reasons).

The main balancing for MP should be centered around competitive Skirmish/Battle Mode.

That being said, if a weapon is ineffective and obsolete in Skirmish -and practically nonexistent in tournament play, then wouldn't any changes made to said weapon bear no impact on Skirmish as a whole?
I think glaives and menavs on horseback have their place on captain mode. They're not OP, but are still a real part of the meta.

Back
Top Bottom