SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonion said:
Sorry if this counts as off-topic, but is there a "good" (like morally good, not hostile, not sadistic, not power-hungry) faction is GoT universe/ACOK?

It's just I've been really tempted to play the mod for a long time because its assets and overall atmosphere look fantastic, but I'm quite repulsed by Martin's work (I haven't read the books nor watched the series, but have seen enough fragments on youtube, in discussions, memes etc. to get the general idea that most characters and factions are assholes).

I am coming late to this. Most of the families in the books are "bad" because of the patriarch or matriarch of the families. Like the Tyrells seem pretty good but Mace is power hungry and a clown, but he's really the only one. Dorne is pretty good, but they are f'ing boring to play in game until certain events happen and their units sucketh ballseth. And you can play Braavos, they are totally anti slavery, don't seem to be too bad in the books and the people from there seem to be pretty happy. That's a good indicator.

Of all the good factions to play the Riverlands are probably the best.

As others have said the North seems pretty good, and the latest version of the mod is pretty hardcore if you play the North, or are anti Lannister.

Can't stop playing this mod even tho my fps drops down from 60 to 10 in a second most of the time.
But this is inhuman.
RBhFv.png

Sergio_Morozov said:
Diabetus said:
...killed by Lys Firethrower...

Oh, so they are buffed in recent version!?

I don't know, never played any versions before this one, but they one shot everything, which would be fine if there were 30-40 of them. But when you siege one of their castles or towns, there are 300-400 of them. I managed to take one of their towns with minimal losses because they started coming out for some reason, one castle i had to take on auto-resolve(which is broken, i know that i can turn terrain advantage for auto-resolve but that would be like playing on easy, also i get impression that terrain advantage only works for AI) because spawn was right in front of castle and they killed 50 of us in a second.

In siege defense they are absolutely deadly. Sometimes each one might kill 3-5 enemies with each throw. They only throw a few times, then there's a pause for a while but in castle defense they are absolutely brutal.

Battlefield? Less so, though if you can get them a high enough position above your infantry/spear line so there's a nice cluster of enemies they can hit reasonably well you'll also get some good effect from them.

End of the day they are still more effective than any archers.

Griefer said:
In siege defense they are absolutely deadly. Sometimes each one might kill 3-5 enemies with each throw. They only throw a few times, then there's a pause for a while but in castle defense they are absolutely brutal.

While fighting in towns versus them, it's kind of alright i guess, but you need to have 10 surgery + 10 wound treatment(so you can siege again if it's ladder assault) because you are going to lose every single melee unit you have, in castles you need to overpower them 4:1 and get lucky to sneak inside and maybe avoid bombs and kill them.
I took 4 towns from Volantis with a single army(200 longbowmen and around 200 infantry with companions and couple of cav) but i needed almost all of my vassals to take a single 300-350 army castle(i had something like 1400-1500 units) not to mention that design of castle is terrible when you take into consideration that you have 1 ladder and enemy has firethrowers inside castle(can't shoot them down with arrows), so whenever my units just peak a little bit inside, they die, instantly(normal damage btw). Somehow, i've destroyed Lys, needed really long time to do that but now, it's so easy, i literally roll over everyone.

A Clash of Kings Version 7.0 (not released yet)

New features/tweaks:

Added new tournament system.
Buffed horse and camel health.
Tweaked prisoner management.
Added drunks.
Tweaked armor values and prices.
Added a few new weapons.
Tweaked diplomacy.
Halberds can now be used with shields.
Added some new animations.
Added new arena scenes to all towns.
Added new interior scene to Gulltown, Qohor, Pentos, Norvos, Sisterton, Oldtown, Sunspear.
Added new tavern scene to Sisterton.
Made some changes to sellswords.
Added a few re-worked props.
Optimized a few textures and removed redundant textures. The mod should run much better now.
Added new quest: The Wildling Invasion
Added new quest: The New Lord Commander
Added new quest: The Tourney of the Tower
Changed some aspects of the quest: The Brotherhood of Winged Knights.
Wight can no longer run.
Wights no longer uses shields.
Wights no longer uses spears.
Replaced Freelancer troops with Sellswords.
Added a few new items.
Changed a few textures on props.
Overhauled religion dialogue.
Added new hair textures.
Buffed Tournament participants.
Tweaked some helmet setups.
Tweaked Sellsword whereabouts.
Added heraldic banner bearers to large armies.
Made a few changes to Vale equipment.
Re-did starting gear based on choices.
Added new models and textures for valyrian swords.

Bugs:

The "player appearing as an enemy with bandits" bug should be fixed. Please report it if it still persists.
Fixed Mystic Merchant missing clothes.
Fixed Dorgoil castle ladder.
Fixed Oldcastle scene.
Some mesh UV map changes.
Fixed bards not appearing in taverns.
Fixed Pentoshi Lancers being unmounted.
Fixed Qohorik Lancers being unmounted.
Fixed Maester Colemons quest not clearing.
Fixed Draconys Tavern Keeper missing.

I guess this is a nice update, but nothing that would make me come back to the mod or that would substantially alter it in meaningful ways.

You should seriously take a look at kingdom management in one of the upcoming updates and make it more feasible, and enhance the renown grind and overall progression to be more meaningful and manageable and not something that, you know, makes you want to gouge your eyes out.

The mod has its moments, but there's all too few decisive and game changing moment. The grind is ever present, but not enjoyable. I don't mind grind when done right, but in this mod, its just rather tedious.

Also, where's Daenerys invading, where are the White Walkers? Those things can be done and would reduce the monotony as well as significantly enhance the pacing of the mod, and make long-term play a lot more rewarding and worth the grind and overall time investment. Give me things to look forward to. Give me objectives and happenings in the world that I can manipulate to my advantage.

Also, give the wights voices that the zombies in M&B have.

Cozur said:
A Clash of Kings Version 7.0 (not released yet)

New features/tweaks:

Added new tournament system.
Buffed horse and camel health.
Tweaked prisoner management.
Added drunks.
Tweaked armor values and prices.
Added a few new weapons.
Tweaked diplomacy.
Halberds can now be used with shields.
Added some new animations.
Added new arena scenes to all towns.
Added new interior scene to Gulltown, Qohor, Pentos, Norvos, Sisterton, Oldtown, Sunspear.
Added new tavern scene to Sisterton.
Made some changes to sellswords.
Added a few re-worked props.
Optimized a few textures and removed redundant textures. The mod should run much better now.
Added new quest: The Wildling Invasion
Added new quest: The New Lord Commander
Added new quest: The Tourney of the Tower
Changed some aspects of the quest: The Brotherhood of Winged Knights.
Wight can no longer run.
Wights no longer uses shields.
Wights no longer uses spears.
Replaced Freelancer troops with Sellswords.
Added a few new items.
Changed a few textures on props.
Overhauled religion dialogue.
Added new hair textures.
Buffed Tournament participants.
Tweaked some helmet setups.
Tweaked Sellsword whereabouts.
Added heraldic banner bearers to large armies.
Made a few changes to Vale equipment.
Re-did starting gear based on choices.
Added new models and textures for valyrian swords.

Bugs:

The "player appearing as an enemy with bandits" bug should be fixed. Please report it if it still persists.
Fixed Mystic Merchant missing clothes.
Fixed Dorgoil castle ladder.
Fixed Oldcastle scene.
Some mesh UV map changes.
Fixed bards not appearing in taverns.
Fixed Pentoshi Lancers being unmounted.
Fixed Qohorik Lancers being unmounted.
Fixed Maester Colemons quest not clearing.
Fixed Draconys Tavern Keeper missing.

Would it be possible to add the option to see the Troop Tree in the menu as in AWOIAF? It's so tedious not being able to see the units of each faction easily ...

Afternoon everyone - does anyone else enjoy looking for the hidden chests in the town scenes like I do?

If so, I've just spent 30 mins scouring The Planky Town for it (it's definitely there as it's listed in troops.txd) - just wandering if anyone knows where it is?

Its driving me nuts that I can't find it as it I've found pretty much all the others quite easily!

Thanks

Bug report (6.2)

The pauldrons on all the reinforced leather armour pieces used by the Riverlands (checked all types) float above the shoulders, off the model, when worn by a female

let me know if you need more info or a screenshot

Sir George the Sot said:
Bug report (6.2)

The pauldrons on all the reinforced leather armour pieces used by the Riverlands (checked all types) float above the shoulders, off the model, when worn by a female

let me know if you need more info or a screenshot

Screenshot would be awesome. You can also use the bug report channel on the discord server to report bugs.

Back
Top Bottom