Is it possible to download an older version of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am trying to find a version of the game before we had the deployment stage. Using Steam the oldest version I was able to download still had the deployment stage. I believe that before official release was the last time the game had no deployment stage? I tried using SteamDB but the depotid's i found were still using deployment stage and when a different appid for the old beta it told me I needed a password, so I am not sure I did that right.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a deep craving to play the game before the deployment stage, as I found the battles to be more fun, with the armies starting further apart and having to get up everything on the fly. It felt far more immersive and I miss it.

...Can't say if this will help but here you can find patch notes from BL version a1.0.6 to latest Main hotfix v1.2.9:...

P.S.:...patch notes under spoiler are in english...

I am trying to find a version of the game before we had the deployment stage. Using Steam the oldest version I was able to download still had the deployment stage. I believe that before official release was the last time the game had no deployment stage? I tried using SteamDB but the depotid's i found were still using deployment stage and when a different appid for the old beta it told me I needed a password, so I am not sure I did that right.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a deep craving to play the game before the deployment stage, as I found the battles to be more fun, with the armies starting further apart and having to get up everything on the fly. It felt far more immersive and I miss it.
yes but it is a rather annoying finnicky thing to do. even after this significant time of the game being available, the way TW has made their patches basically killed the potential modding community BL could have, most of the best minds left after getting their mods completely wrecked with "patches battery ram", like TW releasing 4 patches that changed core coding in a row within 3 months... stuff like that killed many mods, and mod authors simply abandoned the game. So I am very aware of the struggles involving finding a descent mod and being forced to downgrade the game so it's playable :wink:

This also happened with WB when the modding community started thinning... We have pretty old WB mods that surpass this entire game on almost every aspect, some are totally abandoned, have been for ages, which basically makes them unplayable unless you downgrade. For BL, well, the only hope's that new modders pick it up or the old legends decide to come back, yet that's very far-fetched considering a majority of these guys are much older than me (past the 40s) meaning it's depending on them having a stroke of nerdity to come back, most will never, not for creating mods at least...

The one apparent "bail" that got me by surprise was PoP creator, he had lots of hopes and dreams for a Bannerlord PoP version, but I think he ultimately quit since so far we got absolutely nothing...

The one apparent "bail" that got me by surprise was PoP creator, he had lots of hopes and dreams for a Bannerlord PoP version, but I think he ultimately quit since so far we got absolutely nothing...
this is way off. He has consistently said he wouldn't do anything less than a commercial product. Go to the PoP Facebook for more details from actual source that isn't your rear.

I managed to get working what I had wanted and made a guide about it on Steam called:: Revert to pre-deployment stage. Version I was looking for was e1.6.5. I was making some pretty big mistakes at first, it had been many years since I had downloaded the depo for a game, but it all worked out in the end.

I'm not sure what the rules are here about linking outside the forums so I'm not going to link to the guide. I was also able to get about 90% of the mods I was looking for, some were archived and I couldn't find a github release of it. All in all I'm quite pleased.

this is way off. He has consistently said he wouldn't do anything less than a commercial product. Go to the PoP Facebook for more details from actual source that isn't your rear.
Or check our discord server for more detailed system information. We are in the ending stages of the design document now. Thanks Mouse for your info and stepping up. @ xdj1nn -- The problem with modding as you have known it is that it is not sustainable. Most folks use modding as either a way to get development experience to get hired (at which case they no longer have the time to put into this) or they treat it as a hobby until it becomes apparent that it is a full time job and they bail. Only a very few folks can pour 10 to 40 hours a week into a pastime that does not bring in income. Today many folks have full time jobs and side gigs just to make ends meet. This is the reality of it.

Back
Top Bottom