the 2 devs live from gifts from the comunity for now
everyone who has not played it should try it out while waiting for Bannerlord
link to a starterpack:

well it is free
you can play it anytime for free now and in the future
the 2 devs live from gifts from the comunity for now
everyone who has not played it should try it out while waiting for Bannerlord
link to a starterpack:
Just because you can play it, doesn't mean you should.
Play Rimworld instead, it has advanced features, like a user interface, and game design based on gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
well play both ...
RW is my most played game but DF is waaaaay more complex and it is the better game
DF is only halfway finished while RW is done and has 2 (not so good imo) DLC´s
you cannot compare the 2
its apple and oranges
that said i will not derail ths thread so im done with my points

Just because you can play it, doesn't mean you should.
Play Rimworld instead, it has advanced features, like a user interface, and game design based on gameplay.
As much as I loved DF for what it tried to do I can't help but agree, Dorf fort is the better melting point of cat cheese simulator, but Rimworld is the better game
hoping for 2 more years ........
how long do you guess DF will be in EA ?
Assuming you meant Bannerlord, I think this game needs another year and a bit (at the current rate of progress) to be close to finished.

I made a thread a year ago listing the problems/missing features in Bannerlord and how much progress Taleworlds has made, one year later they have completed about 30-40% of that list.

So unforseen consequences aside, you'd think they could get another ~40% done in a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwarf Fortress will be king once they finish the remake/steam release. Mark my words.
Consider your words as marked. I´ll press charges with my lawyer if they game won´t be king.

I´ll try the game I guess but it really doesn´t look "good" on the screenshots on the Steam store page. I mean Rimworld also doesn´t look good, but at least "good enough". Graphics are not everything but there should be at least a little standard.

Assuming you meant Bannerlord, I think this game needs another year and a bit (at the current rate of progress) to be close to finished.
yes Bannerlord
what better can happen if they keep developing ?
if BL is released i assume its feature complete and we need to wait 2-3 years for a DLC
look at 7dtd its in alpha for many years releasing a big update every year or so and ppl like it
on the other side there is Paradox (i love all of the games they make) releasing a more or less minimum game and then DLCing it up to a great game
Rimworld was in alpha for 7? years

Consider your words as marked. I´ll press charges with my lawyer if they game won´t be king.
My lawyer is on standby :iamamoron:
I´ll try the game I guess but it really doesn´t look "good" on the screenshots on the Steam store page. I mean Rimworld also doesn´t look good, but at least "good enough". Graphics are not everything but there should be at least a little standard.
DF and RW are very similar to Warband in the sense that the graphics are **** but the gameplay makes you completely forget about the graphics. DF is amazing because it generates a world for you and creates a complete history of that world up to the date that you want to start. You could spend hours reading up on the history of your world before you even step into it. Whats also really cool with DF is if you lose, you have a choice to either continue in that generated world which will include your dead colony, or you can have it generate a completely new one. There is even a RPG mode that lets you start as an individual in the world, although it is absolutely brutal and ive never survived more than a week.

RW is basically the dumbed down "pretty" version of DF, its fun but doesnt give you that sense of being a part of the world/history. Also RW has no verticality, so you are stuck on ground level and cant build up or down. DF gives you layer upon layer to work with.

Personally I would wait to check out DF until it gets steam released so that the UI and graphics get a major improvement over its current look (although there are lots of reskin mods of the current DF that make it playable). Although DF is completely free right now so might be worth checking out if you can dispel that desire for good graphics (if you do, watch tutorials on youtube to learn how to play, there isnt a tutorial in the current version).

I totally believe that DF has very good gameplay and depth. But it´s too hardcore to get into right now, at least for me. There are so many games that want to be played (Not you Bannerlord...) that I just don´t have the time to invest several hours into DF just to "learn" the basics of the game.

You could spend hours reading up on the history of your world before you even step into it.
I hope they add cutscenes for the Steam version :iamamoron:

If you guys need your medieval fix while waiting on Bannerlord, I have a couple of recommendations:

1) Medieval Dynasty. I bought it in EA. It is now released.

2) Wartales. In EA. Battle Brothers++.

Wartales in it´s current state is overpriced for EA, same as Bannerlord.

Medieval Dynasty is fun.

I´m looking forward to:

Manor Lords is on my wish list hope there will be an EA soon
another game is Ostriv
a medieval city builder from an Ukrainian studio its EA on Steam

Manor Lords is on my wish list hope there will be an EA soon
another game is Ostriv
a medieval city builder from an Ukrainian studio its EA on Steam
Ostriv is awesome but be aware that the dev has other problems at the moment then to develope the game, which of course is totally understandable.

As you probably already know on February 24 russians invaded our homeland Ukraine to kill thousands of civilians and destroy our infrastructure based on delusions of their supremacy.

Our whole team is alive and breathing and it's not something you take for granted in a world where deranged authoritarians are given all the red buttons they want. Anyway our victory is only a matter of time and we're doing all we can to bring it closer.

For several reasons the development of Ostriv can't continue with its usual pace, but we are all eager to get back working on those updates as soon as possible so you can enjoy building your towns while we rebuild ours in real life.
:sad:

what better can happen if they keep developing ?
The game becoming less broken. Taleworlds works too slowly but they do make progress.
If they stop now and leave fixing the game to modders then we have to deal with the inherent instability of mods conflicting, crashing or not being updated by their creators.
on the other side there is Paradox (me love all of the games they make) releasing a more or less minimum game and then DLCing it up to a great game
That is a good strategy for Paradox's wallets but not for the consumer.

I wonder if I'm a caveman or a dinosaur this year.

Back
Top Bottom