Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the issues I have noticed with the food situation is the fact that when a party disbands another is immediately made by someone else. This causes an issue where the Lord who was released from group A due to whatever reason does not have the time before joining group B to restock his supplies. There needs to be someway for the AI to be able to decline a group invitation if it's supplies don't meet a certain criteria or maybe make them unavailable as if they didn't have enough troops.
Very important feedback here @Dejan

There is gonna be a lot of multiplayer changes yes! Many troop, perk and weapon changes. Captain mode will get some love aswell.
Thought so because I started working on this for weapons last night, since there wasnt any mention of changes on the beta thread I figured I was safe ?
EjXzMwD.png

Every time I make one of these, a new patch drops within a week. Good thing I didnt finish all factions I guess

pretty sure clans being poor or not as nothing to do with them running out of food.
It's more of a combination of food not being available and the overall army not buying packing horses. money as very little do do with it and it seems to me like an assumption until proven otherwise.

Main problem in my eyes and AI as never done this. they don't buy packing animals, as far as you can tell from the barter screen, that makes their parties weight so low they will starve after 20 days.

Also remember that a clan with a Poor tag means that they have at least 15K or more in reserves. poor doesn't mean completely dry, very poor on the other hand is another thing but no clan at the start of the game or in an healthy kingdom is ever very poor as richer clans can share money with poorer ones
i got a poor vasall clan (fen morcar). i gave them two settlements with 400 prisoners in and all the party leaders still lost troops. as soon as you give them money, they start recruiting.
as soon as mercenaries go to war, they start recruiting after some succesful fights (same with the fen morcar). they start loosing troops again after all money was spend and is back to the basic 5k. all party leaders can go down to 19 troops.
to me this is clearly a money problem, especially visible for mercenaries and low wealth clans. for whatever reason clans dont seem to sell that much anymore. i have no information that pack animals are having any impact. afaik they never show up often in the bartering screen, also in previous versions.
giving the partyleaders mules was also not fixing the problem on my side.
seems like the changes on the pathfinding/priority of troop behaviour messed up a tradecycle or whatsoever. i dont see food as a problem either, but economy definitely is.

"Some" players "reported" a lack of money on enemy parties. So they starve and so on..are those only "some" players or is this another issue of 1.7.2?

Can TW confirm or deny this issues? Or is this just another of this "create a thread in the bug forum" issues which we´ll never hear of again?

I mean Dejan just confirmed that the "designers" will just talk about "again" about the issue that the imp inf won´t throw their pilas so it seems like that TW at least seems to care about stuff like this...so as a paying customer for this beta I kindly ask those questions with no hope of any reply.

Last edited:
i got a poor vasall clan (fen morcar). i gave them two settlements with 400 prisoners in and all the party leaders still lost troops. as soon as you give them money, they start recruiting.
as soon as mercenaries go to war, they start recruiting after some succesful fights (same with the fen morcar). they start loosing troops again after all money was spend and is back to the basic 5k. all party leaders can go down to 19 troops.
to me this is clearly a money problem, especially visible for mercenaries and low wealth clans. for whatever reason clans dont seem to sell that much anymore. i have no information that pack animals are having any impact. afaik they never show up often in the bartering screen, also in previous versions.
giving the partyleaders mules was also not fixing the problem on my side.
seems like the changes on the pathfinding/priority of troop behaviour messed up a tradecycle or whatsoever. i dont see food as a problem either, but economy definitely is.
"Some" players "reported" a lack of money on enemy parties. So they starve and so on..are those only "some" players or is this another issue of 1.7.2?

Can TW confirm or deny this issues? Or is this just another of this "create a thread in the bug forum" issues which we´ll never hear of again?

I mean Dejan just confirmed that the "designers" will just talk about "again" about the issue that the imp inf won´t throw their pilas so it seems like that TW at least seems to care about stuff like this...so as a paying customer for this beta I kindly ask those questions with no hope of any reply.
I think it's too many players saying this for it to just be "some players". I haven't played 1.7.2 (except to test arena exploit by special request) but I would guess something changed with how the ruling clan gives out money to poor clans, or ruler running low too easily. Of course the player controlled faction won't do this anyways, but people had been complaining that their new clans stopped recruiting before 1.7.2 too, likely because only 20k gets used up (why?) too fast where as if they recruit an expensive normal clan it gets 100-300k and last longer. I don't know if the food is related or if they're just not buying food which has been a problem for a long time.

All in all, I think the AI needs to do more things (spending time) to get money and supply itself. I know the issue of "never ending armies" and quick bounce back is being looked into and I hope they can add other activities for the AI to help reduce this in a way that make them feel more like living agents too. They should be supplementing thier income with quests and such and proactively collecting food when summoned to an army.

This one is a common one for the early stages of a kingdom. the way to solve it as you mention is to give them some cash (generally 100K to any clan member) and they will come back with troops. the way i keep my early armies going is by winning a ton of fights, entering defensive siges only after they are under attack and farm all of the sweet prisoners up. this helps the money situation for the very first clans.
This problem disappears after your other clans can start to enrich themselves and rule prosperous towns, as long as you can stay away form paying massive tributes, that one can become a vicious cycle.

As far as the food goes parties tend to buy food for a brief time (let's say 20 days) and they should be fine by themselves for a while but the food they buy isn't the issue, we will understand this briefly:

Issue 1) Lords don't buy packing animals making their supply capacity thin, even if they buy all they can from a town it's still a low amount considering they also don't have the 275 steward perk or others that help reducing food consumption.

Issue 2) Even if the party is filled with food at times they can march long distances to join another or your army, this makes the supply seem very low once they join any army, but there is the positive of giving the player the ability of being payed in influence to feed the parties.

Issue 3) Often, towns or Villages have low food supply and horses are not considered food. this makes towns that may have low food production/starving but high production of horses a bad stop for parties and armies. also we can notice that armies tend to generally buy most food and grazing animals any time they stop in such towns but not caring about horses.

Issue 4) when looting: access to any loot is limited by roguery. Lords tend to have low roguery meaning their access to the defeated parties inventory is slimmer, this makes a long running but successful army eventually starve.

Issue/Bug 5) Hides are not created in the inventory when animals are killed for food. hides are only awarded when manually butchering grazing animals. This doesn't impact gameplay for AI but it's an interesting thing to keep in mind in case you got 100 cows and no food

Possible Solutions:
1)Make so the AI prioritizes buying more packing animals so they can increase their capacity and buy more food thus running armies for longer.
This doesn't only solves Issue 1 but also helps with issue 4 as more food will be looted.

2) Even if a party is called to an army, a complex or not (i am no coder so idk) change in the code could be made in order to allow parties that are low on food to take a bit longer but come with supplies. long sotry short just make them stop in nearby towns to resupply

3)Find a way for the AI to consider the packing/mouts actual food to be consumed if nothing else is available and, or give them the ability of slaughtering packing horses in order to buy food

4)Simply give a full access to looted goods to AI parties(at least food).

So as you guys can see there are many things that can be done to help the situation, just highlighting the problems isn't enough, but actively looking for a solution, right or wrong that may be it's an healthy approach to any problem. but always remember to be respectful when things are a bit slow in development, (Rome wasn't built in a day and surely didn't crumble in one either).

As far as the money goes for the first stages of a kingdom i get it, as i often have to feed gold to my clans to get them going but unlike other things in the game i don't mind it too much, it's a problem that can be easily solved by the player himself.
The food situation on the other hand is not quite the case, as far as AI lead armies are concerned. But as many things that may look simple maybe finding the right solution isn't that easy.

This one is a common one for the early stages of a kingdom. the way to solve it as you mention is to give them some cash (generally 100K to any clan member) and they will come back with troops. the way i keep my early armies going is by winning a ton of fights, entering defensive siges only after they are under attack and farm all of the sweet prisoners up. this helps the money situation for the very first clans.
This problem disappears after your other clans can start to enrich themselves and rule prosperous towns, as long as you can stay away form paying massive tributes, that one can become a vicious cycle.

As far as the food goes parties tend to buy food for a brief time (let's say 20 days) and they should be fine by themselves for a while but the food they buy isn't the issue, we will understand this briefly:

Issue 1) Lords don't buy packing animals making their supply capacity thin, even if they buy all they can from a town it's still a low amount considering they also don't have the 275 steward perk or others that help reducing food consumption.

Issue 2) Even if the party is filled with food at times they can march long distances to join another or your army, this makes the supply seem very low once they join any army, but there is the positive of giving the player the ability of being payed in influence to feed the parties.

Issue 3) Often, towns or Villages have low food supply and horses are not considered food. this makes towns that may have low food production/starving but high production of horses a bad stop for parties and armies. also we can notice that armies tend to generally buy most food and grazing animals any time they stop in such towns but not caring about horses.

Issue 4) when looting: access to any loot is limited by roguery. Lords tend to have low roguery meaning their access to the defeated parties inventory is slimmer, this makes a long running but successful army eventually starve.

Issue/Bug 5) Hides are not created in the inventory when animals are killed for food. hides are only awarded when manually butchering grazing animals. This doesn't impact gameplay for AI but it's an interesting thing to keep in mind in case you got 100 cows and no food
interesting. i never experienced that issues as hard as in 1.7.2.
of course there where always party leaders showing up with some struggles, but i never experienced an entire clan loosing troops that heavy that i was forced to give them money as same as i never noticed more than the half of the mercenaries clans struggling on the long term. you know i play early stage aggressive very often as same as you do, so i wonder why it appears to something new to me while it appears as a common thing to you. that being said, i think the issue just got more visible with 1.7.2. i never saw poor clans doing so bad in the early stage of kingdom creation phase, especially when they already have settlements. my issue is not about army gathering phase struggles. iam not talking about food issues too as the troops are simply leaving, and not just wounded (i also dont need to share food while they are in an army-->the troops still leave while they are in my army) its about them parties dont recruit at all, until you give them money. after you give em money, they start recruting. until 1.7.2 i NEVER felt forced to give party leaders money repeatedly so that they can recruit (500k+ over time). for that reasons i dont see this as a food or inventory problem, to me its clearly a money&economy issue. if not, the problem would still exist even if you give them money.

interesting. i never experienced that issues as hard as in 1.7.2.
of course there where always party leaders showing up with some struggles, but i never experienced an entire clan loosing troops that heavy that i was forced to give them money as same as i never noticed more than the half of the mercenaries clans struggling on the long term. you know i play early stage aggressive very often as same as you do, so i wonder why it appears to something new to me while it appears as a common thing to you. that being said, i think the issue just got more visible with 1.7.2. i never saw poor clans doing so bad in the early stage of kingdom creation phase, especially when they already have settlements. my issue is not about army gathering phase struggles. iam not talking about food issues too as the troops are simply leaving, and not just wounded (i also dont need to share food while they are in an army-->the troops still leave while they are in my army) its about them parties dont recruit at all, until you give them money. after you give em money, they start recruting. until 1.7.2 i NEVER felt forced to give party leaders money repeatedly so that they can recruit (500k+ over time). for that reasons i dont see this as a food or inventory problem, to me its clearly a money&economy issue. if not, the problem would still exist even if you give them money.
the thing as been here for a while. a strong start can prevent them from falling into the cycle of disbanding troops but yes, i had this problem all summer as my campaigns tend to have slow and uphill starts without using companions or family for parties. so i got used to give them gold as the well being of my kingdom depended on their men.
As for the mercenaries they always struggle on that side since they basically have no passive incomes after leaving kingdoms, making them borderline useless in most cases, if anything they are the one that struggle the most after whatever patch changed this (i think it was one related to the AI cheating money to stay afloat, timeframe of that patch should be around companions clans)
Of course the mercs mechanic should and needs to be changed in my opinion, contracts should have a minimum duration and guarantee money should be awarded and hopefully maybe giving us the ability of having mercenaries offering us work instead of seeking them down.

just for reference my current campaign started in 1.7.1 and i had to feed my clans loads of gold but it wasn't anywhere close to a typical Bannerlord campaign

-no feasts or events.
-no claimants/usurpers
-no cutscenes
-randomly generated companions < jeremus
-no promised gang/brigand playstyle
-villages don't count as fiefs, only useless castles and town do.
-no upgradable villages
-no manhunters
-no naval combat
-RtR system from Warband discarded, a clown could become a faction leader overnight.
-no books or trainers.
-no hitmens targeting you/random encounters like the belligerent drunk.
-no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
-no political quests and denouncement quests.
-no deserters
-no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
-no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
-no camping.
-lots of other content removed/discarded.
-meme ingame economy.
-meme ingame diplomacy.
-lots of exploit-early game is a chore/boring.
-meme mid-late game

@MostBlunted that first snowball test i ran actually had an improved world financial state compared to previous patches. Just one test with no player interaction so TW should still investigate. I'll run another and see what happens.

Very PoorPoorAverageRichVery rich
19​
30​
21​
9​
0​
1​
41​
19​
14​
0​
4​
26​
18​
27​
0​

This "issue" as been around since this summer.
Players asked for AI to stop cheating money in order to stay afloat and operate parties and that's exactly what we got.
This is a problem that is most common in the early stages of a kingdom or when an enemy faction runs out of decent fiefs and is correlated to an overall lack of income from the fiefs or the Ai clans.
This lack of fund can be noticed when parties can't be called to an army and keep disbanding troops
It must be said that this is not an issue but a game mechanic and that the parties starving, as far as i am concerned, are not related to economy but other "issues"
Another thing to note is that Ai parties generally don't disband troops due to low food nor morale, the cut only appears if the wages are not met.

1.7.2. is a stable version of the game and the only issue i have with the changes are related to the new reinforcement system but TW replied it was to help with performance. honestly i didn't need that help but it's a fair response. hopefully this change is not here to stay

@MostBlunted that first snowball test i ran actually had an improved world financial state compared to previous patches. Just one test with no player interaction so TW should still investigate. I'll run another and see what happens.

Very PoorPoorAverageRichVery rich
19​
30​
21​
9​
0​
1​
41​
19​
14​
0​
4​
26​
18​
27​
0​
Thanks!

-no feasts or events.
-no claimants/usurpers
-no cutscenes
-randomly generated companions < jeremus
-no promised gang/brigand playstyle
-villages don't count as fiefs, only useless castles and town do.
-no upgradable villages
-no manhunters
-no naval combat
-RtR system from Warband discarded, a clown could become a faction leader overnight.
-no books or trainers.
-no hitmens targeting you/random encounters like the belligerent drunk.
-no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
-no political quests and denouncement quests.
-no deserters
-no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
-no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
-no camping.
-lots of other content removed/discarded.
-meme ingame economy.
-meme ingame diplomacy.
-lots of exploit-early game is a chore/boring.
-meme mid-late game

Well, yeah. But we're still early access.
And who doesn't like a bit of good ol' RNG when a 95% succesrate turns into a fail on 5 consequetive savescumming reloads?

Second one was quite different. Seems like the more peace and stability in a campaign the richer everyone will be, while war and loss of land creates poor clans. Which is as it should be. Honestly these two tests show me how the financial state of a campaign follows the state of the world and doesn't seem to be the other way around where the world state follows the financial state.

k9Kgxyq.jpg

n0PLdly.png
IeYUiGy.png

ZJNbZmL.png

None of this is to disprove earlier reports, but shows how important it is to provide your saves to TW as the game really isnt scripted and can be vastly different every time.

The game is scripted to the point where it's not 'vastly' different each time as almost all are identical to the map above in the playthroughs so far on 1.7.2. Battania and SE essentially wiped out and the rest are in this odd stalemate with how the calculations for war/peace are set up. Whatever tweak they did messed the food logistics up so factions like Aserai struggle to take objectives (ie create army in Sanala and snail-pace to Ortysia but starve before getting there); or create an army at Epicrotea to siege Onira or something.

There should be some 'ebb and flow' to all factions, predicated on 50/50 outcomes based on certain sieges/battles/campaigns. Ie. one faction (through certain policies/influence) somehow created a MASSIVE army that managed to roll through and take a huge chunk of land in one campaign, only to lose it all through rebellions/multiple wars. Which can create more random opportunities for other factions to take them over themselves which would change the landscape of the map creating new war fronts. But we know that's not the case; there's no 'risk-taking' or randomness to the AI so the only influence is the player 'cheesing' those mechanics (ie siege defenses to essentially 'wipe' out invader).
I would love it if I'm just chilling in Vlandia and notice the Khuzait have nearly taken half the continent, then maybe when I play as my kid, Sturgia/Aserai brought them down to one town; but stalled because now Sturgia and Aserai at war. Only for Khuzait to manage to somehow cut off Sturgia at the north a few years later so now there's two pockets of Sturgian territory. Would love to see Khuzait/WE/Vlandia actually make it deep to Aserai territory in another playthrough. The map has to open up more paths as that's probably why BA and SE always first to go since they are situated at those 'junctions' where the rest of the factions have only two chokepoints really so they are 'outnumbered' by wars on multiple fronts.

In version 1.7.2, I found an error, for several sieges in a row, on this version, the besiegers abruptly start "retreating to a safe distance" at an arbitrary moment. It is not retreating with the declaration of defeat, but simply retreating back and standing there, while throwing their ENTIRE siege guns and not bringing them to the walls.

The game is scripted to the point where it's not 'vastly' different each time as almost all are identical to the map above in the playthroughs so far on 1.7.2. Battania and SE essentially wiped out and the rest are in this odd stalemate with how the calculations for war/peace are set up.
You haven't seen enough then. This was the first test I ran on 1.7.2, the map is literally the same as the start of the game.
LrKcyTB.jpg
. Would love to see some pics of your world states.
Whatever tweak they did messed the food logistics up so factions like Aserai struggle to take objectives (ie create army in Sanala and snail-pace to Ortysia but starve before getting there); or create an army at Epicrotea to siege Onira or something.
Aserai has always been like this, rarely losing territory or taking any. Don't think recent food changes have made much difference but you are correct that the army creation starting location is an issue, but again that isnt anything new.

There should be some 'ebb and flow' to all factions, predicated on 50/50 outcomes based on certain sieges/battles/campaigns. Ie. one faction (through certain policies/influence) somehow created a MASSIVE army that managed to roll through and take a huge chunk of land in one campaign, only to lose it all through rebellions/multiple wars. Which can create more random opportunities for other factions to take them over themselves which would change the landscape of the map creating new war fronts. But we know that's not the case; there's no 'risk-taking' or randomness to the AI so the only influence is the player 'cheesing' those mechanics (ie siege defenses to essentially 'wipe' out invader).
I would love it if I'm just chilling in Vlandia and notice the Khuzait have nearly taken half the continent, then maybe when I play as my kid, Sturgia/Aserai brought them down to one town; but stalled because now Sturgia and Aserai at war. Only for Khuzait to manage to somehow cut off Sturgia at the north a few years later so now there's two pockets of Sturgian territory. Would love to see Khuzait/WE/Vlandia actually make it deep to Aserai territory in another playthrough. The map has to open up more paths as that's probably why BA and SE always first to go since they are situated at those 'junctions' where the rest of the factions have only two chokepoints really so they are 'outnumbered' by wars on multiple fronts.
I agree with your desire for how a campaign plays out too.

In version 1.7.2, I found an error, for several sieges in a row, on this version, the besiegers abruptly start "retreating to a safe distance" at an arbitrary moment. It is not retreating with the declaration of defeat, but simply retreating back and standing there, while throwing their ENTIRE siege guns and not bringing them to the walls.
Make a post here, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.658/ , and provide them with as much info as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom