Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I believe wanderers are still disappearing. Icons still not loading. Some issue with graphics. Siege AI sometimes stands around picking their asses.
+1 new feature and a tons of bugs. That's quite sad, considering that they were going to stay at EA for a year or so. I think this is not the case anymore.

+1 new feature and a tons of bugs. That's quite sad, considering that they were going to stay at EA for a year or so. I think this is not the case anymore.

Probably the most amazing piece of it for me is how obvious and severe some of the bugs are that make it to the release. Bugs here and there are one thing but it really seems QA misses a lot and there is a lot of tinkering with **** that should be super stable by now.

Probably the most amazing piece of it for me is how obvious and severe some of the bugs are that make it to the release. Bugs here and there are one thing but it really seems QA misses a lot and there is a lot of tinkering with **** that should be super stable by now.
What they should do is get 20 volunteers off the forums who would be willing to play the beta for a few hours. I am sure all the main bugs would be picked up.

Okay, so played for a little longer just out of curiosity (about 2 or 2 and a half hours)

The texture did not disappear throughout this period of time. Icons started to disappear only at the very end of the game session, when I was about to quit.

So long as they're adding good new features, I'm okay with the release date to be pushed back and new bugs to be introduced. Devastate/pillage is a nice feature. They can clean up the bugs at the end.

So long as they're adding good new features, I'm okay with the release date to be pushed back and new bugs to be introduced. Devastate/pillage is a nice feature. They can clean up the bugs at the end.

It has been almost a year of open EA. There have been two features added. TWO. :smile:

Child education (easy to make) and now half baked pillaging (just a window where you choose an action which triggers few buffs or debuffs to your army and the city).

What new features are you talking about? I have seen mods with more features. :smile:

Saying that - I do hope that they will stop with +1 armor, -1 weapon circle dance and start making some new content.

Edit: oh, there are some new quests. But mostly pretty repetitive and simplistic. There are still no unique lord quests or faction quests.

It has been almost a year of open EA. There have been two features added. TWO. :smile:

Child education (easy to make) and now half baked pillaging (just a window where you choose an action which triggers few buffs or debuffs to your army and the city).

What new features are you talking about? I have seen mods with more features. :smile:

Saying that - I do hope that they will stop with +1 armor, -1 weapon circle dance and start making some new content.

Edit: oh, there are some new quests. But mostly pretty repetitive and simplistic. There are still no unique lord quests or faction quests.
Rebellions are also a noteworthy feature.

I do agree that progress has been ridiculously slow, and there is probably a serious problem with organization/management for Taleworlds, and definitely a serious problem with communication and long-term planning. But we should still acknowledge what progress has been made too, and every new feature makes me a happier customer.

We have two options:

1- Taleworlds keeps adding new features and these features cause bugs, which the game's release has to be delayed to fix.

2- Taleworlds just fixes the bugs, adds no new features, releases on time, and calls the game done.

I'm not a huge fan of waiting longer, and TW definitely needs to either change internally to speed up the pace of work, or at least communicate better and tell us why tiny amounts of progress are taking so long. But either way, I would prefer option 1 to option 2.

Rebellions are also a noteworthy feature.

I do agree that progress has been ridiculously slow, and there is probably a serious problem with organization/management for Taleworlds, and definitely a serious problem with communication and long-term planning. But we should still acknowledge what progress has been made too, and every new feature makes me a happier customer.

We have two options:

1- Taleworlds keeps adding new features and these features cause bugs, which the game's release has to be delayed to fix.

2- Taleworlds just fixes the bugs, adds no new features, releases on time, and calls the game done.

I'm not a huge fan of waiting longer, and TW definitely needs to either change internally to speed up the pace of work, or at least communicate better and tell us why tiny amounts of progress are taking so long. But either way, I would prefer option 1 to option 2.

Oh, right, the rebellions. Forgot about that feature since I have a mod which works better than current feature (with lord and faction rebellions) and has been so for half a year already.

Also, I dont put much hope into game being finished, it will be still an ongoing process with patches for couple years, be it with base game or DLCs. So no point of sacrificing new features. Moders can make use of them already now.

2021-02-11_15.07.18_870edc91705d84997e0f65f84572c503
these is it? (ps: all mod are uncheck)
Can you try a clean install to make sure everything is in a default state?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

just a window where you choose an action which triggers few buffs or debuffs to your army and the city).
Not that I defend anything, but this 'window' requires serious balancing, since you're not the only one who may do these actions to settlements - NPC can do this too.

Back
Top Bottom