- Fixed a crash that occurred at scene load.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an uninitialised inverse kinematics data was accessed for human characters.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pasting a crafting weapon in the smithy.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing 'transfer all' in the inventory.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when initiating a campaign map encounter.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to invalid items in towns.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when marrying your daughter to a hero.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after clicking the 'you are my prisoner now' dialogue option while raiding a caravan.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a new rebel clan.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when immediately sieging a settlement after leaving the training field.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while initialising the last phase of the main storyline.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the barter amount was 0.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while loading a saved game after taking the 'Lord Wants Garrison Troops' quest.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to uninitialised parties in some old saves.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a mission ended.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during battles.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after finishing quests that create special quest bandit parties.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in sieges when the player died while controlling a formation which had previously been AI-controlled and the formation was attempting to retake a position.
- Improved campaign map loading performance.
- Optimised memory allocations to reduce frame drops on the world map.
- Optimised performance and memory usage in the animation system.
- Fixed some trade screen related memory leaks.
- Improved army deployment performance for field battles.
- Chinese language updates.
- Turkish language updates.
- Minor text fixes.
- Added 9 Battanian helmets.
- Removed shoulder armours that caused clipping issues on Sapling, Sprout and Vlandian Caravan Master units.
- Body armour weights have been recalibrated according to armour types and armour values.
- Armours no longer have adjectives which define their origin, e.g Southern, Northern, etc.
- Made a number of visual improvements on various architectural prop models.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player character to have their fists open on the campaign map.
- Added three cheering animation variations. Different cheering animations will now play depending on the result of the battle.
- Campaign map mouse right-click and middle-click behaviour has been changed to hide the cursor and keep it at the same location.
- Improved visibility of the 3D gamepad cursor on the campaign map when zoomed out.
- Improved Vlandia settlement models and textures.
- Added a new casualty report option for non-hero troop kills/deaths.
- Added a new option, Track Attacked Settlements, that automatically tracks settlements in the player's faction that are under attack. The 'Only Leader' option only tracks these settlements if the player is the leader of the faction.
- Added a 'Lock Item' button to smelting items in the Smithy along with a warning if the player tries to smelt a locked weapon.
- Inventory items of the same type are now arranged by their value when sorted by 'Type'. Same value items are sorted alphabetically.
- Added a 'Continue Campaign' button to the main menu that loads the latest save game.
- The player party now shows at the top of the scoreboard in battles.
- Siege event icons on settlement nameplates are now visible during the bombardment phase.
- Governor assignments in the Clan screen will now take place when the screen is closed to prevent unwanted teleportations of clan members.
- Added a confirmation query to the game options on 'Cancel' if any changes have been made.
- Improved the readability of generic inquiry popups.
- Added a failed quest icon to the quests screen.
- Added an escape menu to the character creation stages.
- Removed the 'Enable Map Notifications' option since some notifications aren’t dismissible and are required for progression.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the stone icon to show up incorrectly on the equipment selection radial.
- Fixed a configuration bug that caused some options to be set incorrectly.
- Removed 'Shops in Settlement' text from the Town Management screen if the settlement is a castle.
- Fixed an issue with smelting items being sorted differently when a weapon was smelted.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with hero portrait and conversation equipment.
- Fixed a bug that caused wanderers' locations to appear incorrectly in the encyclopedia.
- Removed incomplete language options from the game menu.
- Fixed an issue with siege icons failing to disappear when loading the game.
- Fixed an issue with the combat log which caused extra damage from skills & effects to be reported incorrectly.
Battles and Sieges
- Added Pillaging: Players and AI can now choose to 'Devastate', 'Pillage' or 'Show Mercy' to settlements that have been successfully sieged.
- 'Devastate' and 'Pillage' can damage the prosperity and projects of a settlement, as well as, diminish the power of notables in towns. Naturally, the previous settlement owner won’t be too happy about the destruction of their former home. However, the participants of the siege will see their coffers and party morale rise. Still, lords and ladies may or may not approve of the action depending on their traits.
- 'Show Mercy' allows the winners to take over the settlement without causing too much harm to it or its inhabitants. While this is expected for settlements of one’s own faction culture, showing mercy to foreign settlements will cause unrest among the troops. Just as with the other choices, some nobles will approve or disapprove of the action.
- Improved the battle formations spawn system. Formations will now spawn within one of the four flanks during open field battles (from front to back order):
- Center Flank: Skirmishers, Heavy Infantry, Infantry
- Rear Flank: Ranged Units, Civilian Units
- Left Flank: Heavy Cavalry, Cavalry,
- Right Flank: Horse Archers, Light Cavalry.
- Players can now assign different troop stacks to different formations to change flanks and deployment order.
- Fixed an issue with siege weapon auto-deployment that caused some ranged siege weapons and special archer positions to be left unused.
- Fixed a siege issue that caused attacking troops to run into walls until they routed after primary siege engines (towers and ram) were destroyed on all lanes.
- Formation AI siege behaviour scoring has been revised significantly, allowing all AI formations to attack or pull back when the situation demands it.
- Fixed a condition that caused incorrect calculation for formation AI behaviour selection.
- Fixed an issue that prevented AI troops from selecting the correct weapon due to the distance of the enemy through nav mesh.
- Fixed an issue that mixed up the positions of the crossbow holster and bolt when spawning in scenes.
- Fixed various deployment spawn errors.
Character Development System
- Added all of the remaining combat-related engineering perks (10 in total).
- Fixed various perk problems with Athletics, Riding, Throwing, Polearm and One-Handed skill trees.
- 'Pick Them of the Walls' and 'Make Them Pay' perks have been implemented.
- Fixed a bug that caused security-related perks to give negative security to settlements.
- Minor bug fixes to Medicine and Leadership skills.
- Fixed the 'Duelist' perk secondary effect which rewarded the player with 300 renown for winning a tournament.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to get free 'Charm' skill.
Clan and Party
- Fixed a bug that prevented family members from being assigned to increase relations in a settlement.
- Fixed an issue with the player's siblings being shown as naked and in the wrong education stage.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to donate prisoners.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to take troops from other non-clan parties.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the heir menu from opening if the main hero died while sieging.
- Improved a calculation to make AI parties more decisive when engaging enemy parties on the world map.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
- When a settlement's diplomatic state is changed (because of a change of owner, or a new war or peace declaration), all hostile parties that are inside will now leave the settlement. All hostile heroes without parties will be taken prisoner. All non-hostile heroes will be released.
- Mercenaries will now leave a kingdom if they do not get paid for several days because the kingdom is bankrupt.
- Kingdoms experiencing financial difficulties will now recruit minor factions less.
- War/peace AI has been improved so that clans make more logical war/peace declarations. The importance of distance between kingdoms has been increased for these decisions. Kingdoms further apart tend to avoid war/peace/tribute deals between each other in most cases.
- Fixed a bug that prevented failed rebellion clans from being destroyed after 30 days.
- Fixed a bug that caused rebellion clan leaders to have the 'King' title in their name.
- Initial position selection for dynamically created kingdoms has been improved.
- Fixed a bug related to all player kingdom prisoners being bartered with the player automatically which lead to faulty notifications.
- Fixed a bug that caused a lord to barter all of his gold for the player's daughter.
Economy and Trade
- Changed the outcome from slaughtering horses from 4 meat and 2 hides to 3 meat.
- Added plural forms of trade items, e.g. 'Tyal horses' and 'amphorae of oil'.
- Fixed a bug during the loading phase that resulted in crafted items appearing in tournaments and not being removed from towns.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
- 200+ power headman notables now provide elite troops.
- Fixed an issue that caused artisans to constantly lose power.
- Notables at villages which are bounded by a castle now gain more power each day compared to others.
- Fixed several bugs related to board games.
- Fixed a bug that showed a recruitment label on lords even if they didn’t recruit at a settlement.
Quests & Issues
- The deserter party in 'Extortion by Deserters' quest will no longer lose members due to starvation.
- Some dialogues have been updated related to the 'Art of The Trade' quest.
- Fixed a minor agent spawn rotation problem while spawning guard agents in the 'Gang Leader Needs Weapons' quest.
- Reenabled the 'Spy Among Us' quest.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect quest log to be shown in 'Overpriced Goods and Art of The Trade' quest.
- Fixed a problem that prevented Issues from being completed with modified items such as 'Lame Desert Horse'.
- Fixed the 'hideout spotted' log of the 'Conspiracy Base of Operations' quest.
- Fixed a bug that set the relationship with the tutorial village's headman to -99 when the tutorial was finished.
- Fixed a bug that prevented quest troops from the 'Train Troops' issue from entering hideouts.
Conversations & Encounters
- Fixed the position of the player when speaking with the advanced melee trainer.
- Fixed incorrect text showing when ransoming enemy lords.
- Fixed a problem that caused the conversation to become stuck while talking to the ransom broker in a tavern.
- Fixed camera issues when opening a conversation with a companion through the party screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented conversation hero guards from spawning in 'parley' and 'request a meeting with someone' conversation missions.
- XP needed to upgrade to tier 4 and tier 5 troops has been slightly increased.
- Passive XP for troops in NPC clans has been slightly reduced.
- Fixed an issue with mercenaries and minor faction troops having the wrong skill templates.
- Haramis now upgrades into Veteran Farises.
- Sea Raider Chief's athletics and riding skill values have been swapped.
- Barbers no longer carry weapons.
- Corrected the clearing of missiles attached to corpses while clearing the scenes, especially in tournaments.
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes with a child to have another child in quick succession.
- Fixed a bug that caused dead heroes to be shown in the characters location list.
- Fixed an issue that led to uninitialised temporary parties to exist longer than intended, causing nobles to remain as prisoners indefinitely.
MultiplayerDesign & Balance
- Changed the defender morale effect when the attacker has the Keep flag from '6 / sec' to '[number of flags captured] / sec'.
- Echerion: Physics improvements and critical fixes. Smoothed out the corner at flag B.
- Xauna: Some visual fixes, physics improvements and winter fixes.
- Baravenos Encirclement: Improvements to one of the side tower ladders and its surroundings. Fixed a problem with horses getting stuck at flag G.
Other - Miscellaneous
- Clan Leaders can now appoint up to 3 Clan Officers. Clan officers can do everything the Clan Leader can other than appoint/demote other Clan Officers or delete the Clan.
- Replaced the number of people waiting in the queue with an average wait time.
- Added bell sounds to skirmish to indicate when morale is low.
- Fixed an issue that caused stuttering when going through an open gate.
Server & Network
- Fixed a crash that occurred when logging in.
- Added an option under 'Audio > Sound in Background' to lower the game volume while the game is out of focus.
- Added 'Enable Death Icon' option.
- Fixed a bug prevented chat from working with the Numpad enter key.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect damage amounts being shown in the combat log.
- Improved the performance of siege battles.
- CPU memory usage has been reduced.
- Improved cavalry calculations to take velocity into consideration when switching to two-handed polearm weapons.
- Mounted agents will no longer needlessly change weapons when moving short distances or rotating their mounts.
- Agents will no longer throw their last throwing weapon if they have no other melee weapon.
- Revised weapon score calculation to:
- Make agents choose between multiple polearms more effectively.
- Take enemy armour into account when selecting a weapon.
- Improve weapon reach consideration.
- Attacking and blocking with a game controller is now working correctly with all possible options.
- Missile trails have been moved to the sticking point of the missiles in order to show the throwing axes and knives projection correctly.
- Bastard swords and axes now work like polearms with shields (forced two-handed without a shield and forced one-handed with a shield, no longer requiring the pressing of the X button).
- Fixed a bug that caused the 'Refresh Rate' option to be reset to the lowest option in fullscreen mode.
- Added path duplication and fixed some bugs related to path and barrier renaming.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when the 'Show Entity Physics' option was selected on the visibility window.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when deleting a path point.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when the 'Calculate Ambient Occlusion' button was clicked on the vertex paint menu.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused selected meshes to be invisible in the vertex painting mode.
- Added CTRL+TAB shortcut for switching between the last selected debug rendering mode and 'Shaded' mode.
- A small warning icon has been added to thumbnails in the resource browser to indicate the ones that have issues.
- Fixed an issue that caused the texture editor to show textures too bright.
- Performed a refactor to make special parties use special components according to their status. E.g. bandit parties will use bandit party components, caravan parties will have caravan party components, etc.
Beta Hotfix (e1.5.8 - 05/02/21)
- Fixed a bug that caused the cursor to permanently disappear on the campaign map.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during battles. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
- Fixed a bug that caused the mouse cursor to disappear on the campaign map.
- Fixed an issue with hordes of bandit parties being spawned on the campaign map.
- Fixed an issue with the 'Call to Arms' perk bonus. It is now 10% (as intended). (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a bug that changed disbanding parties' names to 'unnamedMobileParty'.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the character customisation screen with a young character. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
- Fixed an issue that caused some troops to remain static during hideout boss fights. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
- Removed erroneous skill templates from faction troops. Veteran Bowman units now use Nordic Shortbow. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix - 08/02/21.)
- Fixed a GPU memory leak caused by conversation scenes. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed the prosperity loss calculations for pillaging.
- Fixed an issue with the AI taking into account the settlement owner culture instead of the settlement culture when deciding siege aftermath actions.
- Fixed a bug that caused lords to act like non-lord parties upon loading a save.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when executing the last non-mercenary lord of a kingdom. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking Ctrl and (+) button on an empty item stack in the inventory. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when switching weapons in the smithy. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the 'Conspiracy Base of Operations' quest completed with Hideout Boss dead. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur after winning a battle.
- Increased the probability for NPC parties with a high ratio of wounded troops to visit a settlement and rest.
- Reduced the rate at which notables' recruitable troops upgrade.
- Fixed an issue with the colour grade selection in photo mode.
- Fixed an issue that blocked the loading of item thumbnail images.
- Leadership Authority perk's secondary effect is changed to 'Increase party size limit by 5'.
- Tactics Swift Regroup perk primary effect is changed to 'Decrease disorganized time for breaking sieges or raids by 15%'.
- Scout Foragers perk secondary effect is changed to '15% reduction in disorganized state recovery duration'.
- Fixed an error that caused caravan and garrison parties to not show up in the clan parties list.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes result in non-clickable pillaging options after sieges.
- Removed relation penalties for killing a lord on the battlefield.
- Fixed an issue with raid icons appearing after loading a save file. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player or hideout boss killed spectator troops during a hideout duel.
- Fixed a crash caused by loading an old save that starts immediately with the siege aftermath menu, (which has been changed in new versions and contains pillaging options).
- Fixed a crash caused by average item price calculations.
- Fixed an issue that directs the player to a peace menu while raiding a settlement even though no peace occurs.
- Average gold amounts of towns are increased.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing the 'Gift' button in the kingdom fief menu. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the 'Gather all companions' option was selected in a tavern. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred after the 'Assemble the Dragon Banner' conversation with 'Arzagos'. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur after losing a battle with an army. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a crossbow was equipped by cavalry agents.
- Fixed an issue with disorganised parties not losing their speed penalty until they bought or sold an item or recruited troops. The speed penalty for disorganised parties is now removed after several in-game hours. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue that prevented AI parties from assaulting the castle when the player was in a settlement that was being besieged. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue with clans not wanting to make peace even if they have several enemies. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue with the plus (+) and minus keys (-) not working properly in the inventory. Now, + and - buttons buy/sell all items when combined with CTRL. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue with the 'Family Feud' quest that caused the player to get stuck in a mission after solving a quest with the lord solution. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a visual issue related to DLSS. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue that granted passive relations bonuses when placing a child in a settlement. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed an issue with AI archers failing to fire at mounted enemies until they were too close. Now they will start shooting sooner.
- Fixed an issue with 'Guaran' using the wrong civilian outfit templates.
- Fixed an issue with decreased troop count in common areas.
- Fixed an issue with thugs offering mercenary services in common areas.
- Added the missing 'Calculating' trait icon on the character screen. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a value that was higher than is allowed was pasted in integer input fields.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when capturing the last settlement of a kingdom that was a target in the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
- Fixed a DLSS related issue with the resolution scale causing a dark screen.
- Fixed a DLSS related issue with medium shading quality causing corrupted images.
- Fixed an issue with some settlements being unselectable due to the horizontal layout in the 'Gift Settlement' menu.
- Fixed an issue that made some notables disappear when loading save files.
- Fixed an issue with thumbnails failing to load.
- Minor improvement to opening times for Clan, Character, Inventory and Party screens.