Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

What would the DLC be that would be interesting enough to both console and PC players for them to buy? People keep saying boats, but we have boats in various mods like in Anno Domini 1259 as the European map works well for boats. The Calradia map is basically just a pure landmass with rivers so doesn't work well imo. Another Faction or Map expansion?

I don't see what DLC can be worth adding to this game and would rather they have spent all this time making AI improvements to the battle, the campaign map AI and of course, more diplomacy and lore that blows even mods out of the water.

It'll be some ****ty new campaign with some unique quests that's they'll spend the next 4 years doing bug fixes for.
The Viking Conquest DLC for Bannerlord is much more than the Anno Domini mod. Such an addition should have full-fledged naval battles, new continents with new kingdoms, this would be a very interesting addition for the banner lord. Here is a complete map of Calradia; there is no need to supplement it all, but a new continent with a couple of new kingdoms is possible.

The Viking Conquest DLC for Bannerlord is much more than the Anno Domini mod. Such an addition should have full-fledged naval battles, new continents with new kingdoms, this would be a very interesting addition for the banner lord. Here is a complete map of Calradia; there is no need to supplement it all, but a new continent with a couple of new kingdoms is possible.

Yeah but if TW can't flesh out the map and game as it is now, then I highly doubt they expanded the game to Viking Conquest level of expansion. Let's be real like.

I done my copium sucking over the previous years of this game development so the very best to expect is just the ironing out of the remaining wrinkles that exist rather than start talking about DLC that only console players would purchase seeing as they don't really have access to mods.

Yeah but if TW can't flesh out the map and game as it is now, then I highly doubt they expanded the game to Viking Conquest level of expansion. Let's be real like.

I done my copium sucking over the previous years of this game development so the very best to expect is just the ironing out of the remaining wrinkles that exist rather than start talking about DLC that only console players would purchase seeing as they don't really have access to mods.

I'm sure most players don't play mods. Mods are not stable, they crash and break the game. PC players will happily buy the DLC, I think. The very first thing developers need to do is diplomacy with good AI so that it makes logical decisions on the company map.

Last edited:
I'm sure most players don't play mods. Mods are not stable, they crash and break the game. PC players will happily buy the DLC, I think. The very first thing you need to do is diplomacy with a good AI so that it makes logical decisions on the company map.

Most don't you're right. But a large portion of the remaining players would. The time to release a DLC was a year after full release at the very latest.

The hype is gone and the DLC would have to be so big with such a huge marketing push behind it to garner attention and drag players back. They would have to charge about close to a full priced game in order to justify the sheer amount of time it would have taken them to produce it as it's been years of just crash and bug fixes so far.

They also haven't even finished their own items on the Roadmap.

So again, DLC ain't happening, at least not a decent one like Viking Conquest, and because it's not Viking Conquest size then it's not going to sell in today's market. This is the new Taleworlds we talking about with a revolving door of employees who state the company culture is good but management and direction is severely lacking and the work is easy due to the lack of deadlines.

Last edited:
Most don't you're right. But a large portion of the remaining players would. The time to release a DLC was a year after full release at the very latest.

The hype is gone and the DLC would have to be so big with such a huge marketing push behind it to garner attention and drag players back. They would have to charge about close to a full priced game in order to justify the sheer amount of time it would have taken them to produce it as it's been years of just crash and bug fixes so far.

They also haven't even finished their own items on the Roadmap.

So again, DLC ain't happening, at least not a decent one like Viking Conquest, and because it's not Viking Conquest size then it's not going to sell in today's market. This is the new Taleworlds we talking about with a revolving door of employees who state the company culture is good but management and direction is severely lacking.
Bannerlord doesn’t really need advertising or marketing. The game is even now in decent condition and many have played it for 1000 hours. Maybe DLC does it, it would be logical on their part

Hey all, 1.3.0 won't be in May.
Also, will forward the suggestions, thank you all.
Will you fix these missing aserai helmets in a future patch? the Battanian Fian Champions helmet is also not purchasable or obtainable after the battle

Was expected, probably won't be at least until late July. Whatever this patch is (won't be much), they have to end it there and wrap it up. Even if it's going to be another laundry of 'Fix this, fix that'.
It's clear they are done with the game, quicker than players are with games.

What can they even be possibly cooking, with such silence to share?

Well I am not a fan of naval battles so I hope its not boats lol.

My only thoughts: Claimants along with fleshed out and distinct questlines for each one plus an updated main questline. "Finish" the rouge alleyway gameplay they introduced a few patches ago. "Finish" the workshop upgrades they started by adding those storage thingies a few patches ago. Revamp all Merc troop trees + add more minor clans and flesh them out. I wouldn't mind a round of balancing on current troops - buff many units and make some more distinct and interesting and also nerf Fians and Khans Guards because we all know they are too OP.

A healthy set of improvements to battles would be nice too, like a real RTS camera and functionality for example.

4 months now with no word beyond 'its not coming this month'
The last few versions of this game were simply crash fixes and bugfixes. The last time there was anything more than that was 1.2.5, which was back in November. Which is still far from a substantive update to the game. 1.2 was back in June. We're quickly approaching a year since then.

You can buy the last fief or persuade the owner to come over to your side.
Let's say I did this, I have a clan with a castle. But the question arises
1. Will the kingdom exist without a single possession?
2. What will happen to the rest of the clans of the kingdom, will they disappear after 4 weeks if no one takes them?

I don’t want clans of tier 5 and 6 to just disappear from the game. In my playthrough, when I destroyed the kingdom, the AI took only one clan, all other clans disappeared.

Maybe they changed something in 1.2.9?

If it so happened that at the time of the destruction of the kingdom he had 5 clans, then let the AI take them all into service, or let them be free clans with which you can interact and try to hire them.

You've been so pin point accurate with your last guesses I can't help but believe you this time.
Thanks for noticing.

I think today or tomorrow we will have a huge content patch and DLC for 10-20 dollars that introduces some insane new playstyles and or introduces so many new items and unique sub-factions with brand new troop trees.

Oh it's cooking alright

369888875ee1a985c2e9a7f7cc9dc219.jpg

Back
Top Bottom