Search results for query: *

• Users: looy
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. looy

The repsawn / reinforce system is large battles causes a lot of issues.

So this is something that has been bothering me since getting into the late-game where huge army clashes are pretty common. The way troops just respawn at the starting position of their army and walk to their ordered position causes a bunch of issues, and basically forces you to build your...
  2. looy

SP - Battles & Sieges Shield wall with mixed troops should put the unshielded ones at the back.

I thought it would be nice if when you put a group of troops into shield wall the ones with shields moved to the front and the ones without moved to the back. Currrently you end up with squishy recruits acting as meatshields for heavily armoured legionaries I know you can manually move them to...
  3. looy

[Suggestion] Small change to siege spawn system.

Hey, long time no see. Anyway I've just got back into Mount and Blade, NW in particular, and I'm enjoying it so far. However in my opinion it has one flaw that doesn't really need to be there: there is no "proper" mode without limited lives. Many players such as myself hate waiting to respawn...
  4. looy

Hosting Local Server

So I've been trying to host a local server most of the evening after trying pretty much every solution I could find on the forums. I've tried: Forwarded ports 7240-7245 Set my internal ip address to static Hosting in-game and via dedicated server Unblocking Warband and the dedicated client in...
  5. looy

Silly Hats

Is anyone else bugged by those dumb ass hats that cover the crosshair in third person? This is only a suggestion, but maybe replace the over-the-top highly impractical feather dusters with the more sensible head gear. I know it might not be historically accurate, but... Gameplay > Realism...
  6. looy

We need more mid level enemies.

Currently the scale of enemies goes like this: Looters and Bandits - Can be Soloed by lvl 1s Steppe Bandits/Sea Raiders/Deserters - May kill off your recruits early on but unlikely to be a threat once you get past about lvl 5/6 with a decent party then we skip to: Lords - Parties of 100 - 150...
  7. looy

Horse Insta-Stop: Still Exists?

In the beta, they introduced a feature that allowed you to instantly stop your horse by making it rear up. I can't for the life of me remember what key combo was needed and I have no idea if this hasn't been patched out. So does this still exist? If so, how do you do it?
  8. looy

Thrust Damage should be based on Distance

Simple Thread Currently thrusts deal damage based on the animation stage when they hit the target. This means you can aim your thrust above your target and bring it in to them at the right moment for max damage even at point blank. Thrust damage should be based on distance between thruster and...
  9. looy

When does the player need to download your mod manually?

Hi, I asked this before but I wasn't very clear. Basically, when does it become neccesary for players to download and install your mod manually and how do you avoid it? I've seen plenty of mods that don't use a seperate module yet make changes to the game.
  10. looy

"Elite" Units?

So I was thinking of trying this mod, but this has put me of a bit (from IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ up there on the sticky list): So... You have units that are more powerful than the regular ones (sounds slightly unfair, but okay),  anyone can use them (whats the point in regular units then?) and...
  11. looy

Updated Tutorial

Hey, did search for "Tutorial" in all warband forums but got nothing like this (hard to believe so, I doubt this hasn't been suggested). Anyway, seeing as Warbands combat system is several degrees of magnitude more complicated than the original M&B's I think it would be a good idea to update...
  12. looy

[Warband MP Modding] "Native Mods"

Hey there. I've just been thinking about making a small mod for warband, i've noticed a few servers seem to have server-side only mods (so no downloading modules from webpages) and was wondering what data/functionallity is stored on/used from the Server and which is Client Side. Obviously models...
  13. looy

So I haven't played since the Beta...

...anyway, I just picked up warband again (mainly playing multiplayer) and I've noticed a lot has changed. It's hard to get a straight answer from people in game so I thought I'd ask a few questions here. [list type=decimal] Riposte got replaced with this chamber blocking thing? How does it...
  14. looy

[Suggestion] Shove for fighting multiple opponents

I suggested this before Kick was implemented, so it may seem pointless now. I feel like it's currently too difficult to fight enemies in 1 v 2+ melee situations. Obviously sticking together in a group should give you an advantage, but currently it feels like unless a larger group comes at you...
  15. looy

[Suggestion] Make 2handers slower or 1handers faster

As the title says. I don't really care which, but the difference in swing speeds is currently ridiculous. You can just spam constantly even with the slow 2handers like the Voulgue and a guy with a 1hander can't return blows. I'm all for making people less reliant on "Sword + Board" but nothing...
  16. looy

[Suggestion] Friendly Fire does less damage at closer ranges

FF is basically there to stop you firing arrows into crowds of melee fighters, but sometimes you will simply be unlucky and some dumbass will walk in front of you as you fire. It'd be nice if FF did little or no damage at point blank, but ramped up to full damage as the distance grew, after...
  17. looy

[Suggestion] Slight penalty for missing an attack

I think there should be a slight penalty for missing an attack. An attack should become uncancallable after its about 3/5 through, if the attack then fails to hit someone it is counted as a miss. If you miss an attack there will be a slight delay before you can attack again, leaving you open to...
  18. looy

spam spam

Has anyone else noticed that people seem to attack twice in rapid succession, despite the fact that you blocked their attack. I was fighting someone, we both had Bardiches so stun was definitely not a factor. I swung at him, he blocked, he swung at me, I blocked, I swung at him... and he killed...
  19. looy

[Suggestion] Make Quick Battle more interesting

This has nothing to do with multiplayer, but when the singleplayer portion of the game is eventually released I'd like to see a more advanced Quick Battle system. Instead of just having five or so pre-set scenarios, I'd like to see a scenario builder. First you'd select a map, then you'd build...
  20. looy

[BUG] Throwing weapons are hard to stun

I was just running around the DM server spamming throwing axes at all the lancers. This nekked guy attacked me with a voulge and like a good axe spammer I switched my axes to melee mode to engage him in a duel. What I noticed is that he couldn't seem to stun me at all, if he did it was a very...
Back
Top Bottom