Search results for query: *

1. CtrlAltDe1337

Any active NA servers besides duel?

Hey guys, are there any active NA servers still running (like siege, battle, etc) besides duel?  I've been away for a long time, did cRPG for a while because all the scrubs would play POM battle with its ****ty unbalanced fasted combat speed. it would be nice to get some vanilla Warband action...
  2. CtrlAltDe1337

How many people play this in the US?

Hi ho folks, I've been out of the M&B world for a while now, and I am thinking of picking up  the Napoleonic Wars DLC.  However, I don't want to buy another dead addon like WF&S.  How many people play the game regularly, especially on U.S. servers?  And how good is it?
  3. CtrlAltDe1337

nK - Nobody Knows Clan - New vent info inside!

The link to the old thread can be found Here. nK - Nobody Knows Clan nK was founded September 17, 2009 during the beginning of the Warband beta.  We are a North American clan that focuses on playing scrims and matches in Mount & Blade: Warband. Our ventrilo is open to the public, and we are...
  4. CtrlAltDe1337

Simple question that I can't find an answer to--where are the names of cities?

Where is the localization (or maybe strings, w/e its called) file that designates the names of cities, villages, and castles?  Some genius in TW decided to take out the error reports, and now I can't find what scene goes with what name.  I'm trying to make a new map but this is screwing me up...
  5. CtrlAltDe1337

How to run custom maps on Native?

So I figured out that the devs already put the auto mapdownloader in the game <3  but I'm not sure how to properly run a custom map off Native.  I've seen some other people doing this.  If anyone could be so kind as to explain this a little I can probably figure it out. I know I need to upload...
  6. CtrlAltDe1337

Calling all multiplayer map makers--the need for a single community mappack

With the release of Warband, the community mappack project seems quite dead.  Instead, each clan and individual with some modding skill is making their own map pack.  I was planning on making one, 22nd has one, Atlas Novus is another, etc.  This is not good, as people already don't download mods...
  7. CtrlAltDe1337

[M] Warband Duel/Training mod!

Announcing the nK Training Mod The nK clan & friends are happy to present the Warband community with a small mod to improve duel servers.  This mod adds 3 new maps, all with varying arena types, all including combat arenas for infantry, ranged weapons, and cavalry.  Hone your manual blocking...
  8. CtrlAltDe1337

[Suggestion] PLEASE fix the sword-swing animation from horseback

I just got done playing for about 10 mins on 2 different servers (one with my clan mates and one with a bunch of new people), and I had to quit in utter frustration over the horrible sword swinging animations from horseback.  A skilled archer is 100% invulnerable to a horseman if he knows what...
  9. CtrlAltDe1337

[Feedback] New Singleplayer starter quest is very good

I just wanted to give a little feedback here over the singleplayer starter quest.  IMO its pretty well done and very fun.  It really gives the new players some direction and helps them get into the game.  I know that when I first started playing after Zendar was removed, I was like "well what am...
  10. CtrlAltDe1337

Purchasing Warband--can we buy it directly from TW like M&B?

So with the release of Warband rapidly approaching, I was wondering how the game is going to be purchasable.  I figure it will be on Steam and boxed copies in stores.  But will it be available to buy from TW directly?  I downloaded M&B demo and bought my key from Tale Worlds a long time ago and...
  11. CtrlAltDe1337

[Observation/Suggestion] Unintended benefit to the .720 couching system?

Observation: So I've been playing cav more on .720 and I have noticed something.  The way couching works now, a horse that moves slower and has slower turning stats can turn more while still keeping their lance in couch mode.  You can theoretically do the same thing by simply slowing down your...
  12. CtrlAltDe1337

[Suggestion] Attacking should not be possible when jumping

I don't know why this hasn't been addressed sooner.  Its not a huge issue, but it makes killing cavalry much easier.  You should not be able to attack while jumping.  The jump should cancel out your attack.  Its not realistic to be swinging a weapon and do any significant damage while jumping. ...
  13. CtrlAltDe1337

Adding more depth to the companion system

The companions are a great addition to M&B, but they seem a little shallow.  They tell you a bit about their past when you first hire them, but other than that, you don't get much interaction.  The only other thing is that they like eachother or fight, and they tell you a little bit about a...
  14. CtrlAltDe1337

[Suggestion] Cavalry gets less and less fun each patch

OK, well this is not really a suggestion thread (although I do have many suggestions) as much as a statement.  I want to let the devs know how I and many other cavalry players feel.  Cavalry is getting less fun to play with each patch it seems like.  They seem to get nerfed almost each patch...
  15. CtrlAltDe1337

[Bug maybe?] Castles are stocked with all elite troops

I was playing singleplayer earlier and tried to siege a Nord castle.  To my dismay I found out that it had 86 Huscarls and around 20ish archers in it.  Especially with the current siege system with only one ladder, its impossible to take a castle.  You can always be cheap and exploit the...
  16. CtrlAltDe1337

Improving armor/clotheless models (for both male & female characters)

So with all the new graphics in Warband, the unarmored models/skins (when you select no body armor/clothes) don't look so good anymore.  And these are used somewhat frequently in multiplayer, so it would be nice to have them improved.  I'd like to see both get bump mapping and higher resolution...
  17. CtrlAltDe1337

[Suggestion] This is not Steppe terrain

I fought a battle on the Khergit steppes and this is what I got: This does not look anything like steppe terrain.  Steppes should be flat.  And the small lumpy hills are totally unrealistic terrain.  BTW, I was not near mountains. This is steppe type terrain: Warband seems to have...
  18. CtrlAltDe1337

Make melee FF scalable please

How about admins get to set what percentage of damage is done in melee FF?  For example, they could set it at 25% (1/4 normal damage done to a teammate), 75% (3/4), etc.  Anywhere from 0 to 100%.  So you could set it at 1% if you wanted so that people will flinch when hit by a teammate, but not...
  19. CtrlAltDe1337

New (Middle Eastern?) faction's banner

I was digging around in the texture files and found these kingdom flags for the 5 factions and 1 new faction: Between a crescent flag, Arabian armors and swords, sand textures, and more lamellar armor, it seems almost certain that the new faction will be heavily middle-eastern inspired. :)  IMO...
  20. CtrlAltDe1337

[Suggestion] Revamp less enjoyable gamemodes: My suggestions

So I've been thinking for a while now.  A lot of the game modes just aren't all that fun.  Battle is probably the best mode in the game imo, and I think most of you agree.  Deathmatch is OK, but its not the main staple of the game.  Siege is also a great idea but I don't like the way its...
Back
Top Bottom