Purchasing Warband--can we buy it directly from TW like M&B?

Users who are viewing this thread

So with the release of Warband rapidly approaching, I was wondering how the game is going to be purchasable.  I figure it will be on Steam and boxed copies in stores.  But will it be available to buy from TW directly?  I downloaded M&B demo and bought my key from Tale Worlds a long time ago and was very happy with the acquisition process.  It was quick, easy, and uncomplicated.  I can donwload M&B demo anytime anywhere, punch in my serial key, and I'm good to go.  Will Warband work the same way?  Because if not, I want to preorder it from a store.  I haven't heard any news about this so pardon me if its been answered before.

Oh, and what is "With Fire and Sword" that I see listed on the main TW page along with M&B and Warband?

Surely we'll be able to purchase it directly. I don't know that for sure, but.. surely, right?

Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't really researched it, but WFaS is a separate game made by some [Polish? I don't recall] company using M&B's engine, if I recall correctly. I would assume TW gets a cut of the profits from sales of it, as well, since they provided the engine. It's a little confusing though because there's also a large mod by the same name iirc.

Really, it'll basically play like a professionally-designed mod, I guess. I think this trailer is from the commercial game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mount-blade-with-fire-and/329413

But will it be available in stores as well?  I can't recall seeing M&B in-store.

But that may be because I live in Canada.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
OK I hope so, because like I said I'd prefer to get it this way :smile:  I'll hold off on pre-ordering it then.
Always nice to put the money directly into the dev's pocket.
Ziu said:
But will it be available in stores as well?  I can't recall seeing M&B in-store.
Nah, i never saw it in most places...usually only dedicated gaming stores.

You can preorder it... From what I can tell. Look on Direct2Drive or Amazon or something. But, I'd much rather buy it straight from Taleworlds' site because the money goes straight to them. :smile:

Hailionaona said:
You can preorder it... From what I can tell. Look on Direct2Drive or Amazon or something. But, I'd much rather buy it straight from Taleworlds' site because the money goes straight to them. :smile:
Yes. But i was talking about Talesworlds.
As you said, i wish also to give my money straight to Talesworlds.
But i want to preorder so that i can get an acess to the beta.
So if talewords doesn't offer the preorder, i will buy warband in D2D.

Dagann said:
No preorder ? Is it 100% sure ?

Yes, he said very explicitly that there would be no preorders on TW webstore. Anyway, I think it's currently highly unlikely that the game's release will delay. I'd worry about that sort of thing after it actually happens. :smile:

okiN said:
Dagann said:
No preorder ? Is it 100% sure ?

Yes, he said very explicitly that there would be no preorders on TW webstore. Anyway, I think it's currently highly unlikely that the game's release will delay. I'd worry about that sort of thing after it actually happens. :smile:

This the point i do not understand.
Why Talesworlds will not offer preorder whereas other sites will ?
That sounds weird...

Ziu said:

But that may be because I live in Canada.
http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Blade-Warband-Pc/dp/B002XNW6T0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1268999275&sr=8-1

Hailionaona said:
Yeah, but I'm intrigued by the words Collector's Edition

Back
Top Bottom