[M] Warband Duel/Training mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Announcing the nK Training Mod

The nK clan & friends are happy to present the Warband community with a small mod to improve duel servers.  This mod adds 3 new maps, all with varying arena types, all including combat arenas for infantry, ranged weapons, and cavalry.  Hone your manual blocking skills in the infantry arena, or practice ranged weapons in the archery sectors.  Go head-to-head with other cavalrymen and learn to master the lance and sword while riding your intrepid steed.  In short, practice whatever kind of troops or weapon you want.  Duels are no longer just for infantry, with the nK Training mod, you can train with all troop types.

The mod changes no weapon balance or stats, so the weapons and troop types you use here are just like in Native to ensure maximum practice benefit.  The mod features 3 new maps made specifically for dueling/training, all unique in their own way, but all fit to practice varying types of combat.  And some new content is on the way...

The nK clan runs a server for the duel mod, and others are free to download and run the mod on their own servers.  So get to training!

Download the mod Here.

Overhead images of two of the maps:
mb1i.jpg

TD1.png

You can see detailed screenshots of many of the arenas and more information on our forums Here.

See you on the battlefield!

credits:
Blak -mapper
CtrlAltDe1337 -mapper
Scipio -hobomapper
Styo -organizer/compiler/etc

UPDATE: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105492.msg2928450.html#msg2928450

Looks really nice! I might take a closer look and give it a try. And now cavalry has its own training area instead of spawning among people sparring on foot, and an area dedicated to ranged troops is also appreciated! :smile:

Nice work here!

Yeah, I think all weapons need zero/minimal damage variants for those who want to train specific things without constant interruptions. Also, if you haven't done it yet (I haven't tested the mod yet), you should also make the ammo stacks bigger for ranged weapons.

Alixyang said:
Great work!  Had you separate the spawn point for each kind of warriors?
No as I don't know how (I didn't think that was possible?), but each map has its own central spawn point from which people can go to their respective arenas and fight, so inter-class fighting shouldn't occur unless you specifically want to.

The no-damage wooden weapon and bigger ranged stacks ideas are is pretty good, we will have to look into adding that to the next version.  If you have anymore feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them :smile:

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
The no-damage wooden weapon and bigger ranged stacks ideas are is pretty good, we will have to look into adding that to the next version.  If you have anymore feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them :smile:

I've been asking archer to do this for weeks. You should consider making them do some damage so you keep the stun when you're hit. maybe also make different speed variants of certain weapons so people can start slow and move up.

Great! Thanks.
okiN said:
Yeah, I think all weapons need zero/minimal damage variants for those who want to train specific things without constant interruptions. Also, if you haven't done it yet (I haven't tested the mod yet), you should also make the ammo stacks bigger for ranged weapons.
< totally agree.

Nice mod - I just wish people would lance with lance to the fence :/ makes it a whole load easier and more fruitful!

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Alixyang said:
Great work!  Had you separate the spawn point for each kind of warriors?
No as I don't know how (I didn't think that was possible?), but each map has its own central spawn point from which people can go to their respective arenas and fight, so inter-class fighting shouldn't occur unless you specifically want to.

I would really really like some way of foot duelling where dmg is minimal and I think a lot of people would like that too.

When people are learning to block/duel its not good to ahve your ass handed to you every time and die in the first/2nd hit.

Fighting bots isnt the same!

Once we learn how to mod (Since we have no idea) We are planning to add all wooden weapons that dont cause a lot of damage

Back
Top Bottom