Wasn't the refactor supposed to speed up development?

Users who are viewing this thread

No, there is a memory leak. I have my memory usage graphed out t 10 second intervals and can see the GPU memory fill from 3.5 gb to 5.5 gb after a few scene changes and about 15 minutes of play. Have to leave game and reload to get performance back. Same for main memory.

Except their engine is already outdated. It needs a DX12/Vulkan backend if they really want to get the performance for big battles.

DX11 performs terribly on AMD hardware, and if they plan on a console release like they've been hinting at, they are going to need to fix that.

I have absolutely zero problems with 1000 units on the field at the moment so it's not like the battles are small. 500 vs 500 is till more than enough to deal with. Once you start getting too big you'll needa completely new way to view the action and give commands.

It's weird to reply to an old post regarding this memory leak being fixed for the upcoming patches but to leave other threads relating to this for the latest beta patch untouched

The giant multiplayer update was about 10 lines of balance patch notes and the introduction of a crush through mechanic that we all begged to not be added which ended up finally killing the game in NA.

Clan system is useless with no clans.

Nah they also changed the costs of units and reduced maximum gold.

But to me the most important change that for the first time since closed Beta, you were able to block without a shield again.

Compared to previously it plays the same, not sayin its great but certainly not unplayable unless you got a potato

There's thread after thread about it. Having a better system does allow it to still play okay, however this is stealing power and longevity from your machine simply due to developer incompetence.

yes there is a memory leak, when you launch the game it works better than the previous version, but because of the memory leak it gets worse by time. Or at least this is the situation for me

I mean isnt the BETA branch designed to find issues like the memory leak i dont get why everyone is so upset when THATS ITS PURPOSE AS A BEATA BRANCH like yes they should have maybe done more internal testing but its not like 1.5.5 released to the main build with a memory leak.

These things take time to fix so be patient

There's thread after thread about it. Having a better system does allow it to still play okay, however this is stealing power and longevity from your machine simply due to developer incompetence.
Have you actually tried it yourself? I've played alot of 1.5.6 beta and it plays no different than 1.5.4 beta which I played alot as well. I agree there is still memory leaks but I disagree they have gotten worse, just not much better which is a shame. Hopefully 1.5.7 beta will fix the worst of it like the devs says.

Have you actually tried it yourself? I've played alot of 1.5.6 beta and it plays no different than 1.5.4 beta which I played alot as well. I agree there is still memory leaks but I disagree they have gotten worse, just not much better which is a shame. Hopefully 1.5.7 beta will fix the worst of it like the devs says.

Yes I have, and after playing for a while the memory consumption becomes massive. You will find report after report of the memory leak causing the game to crash and become unplayable for people who previously haven't had issues. TW has acknowledged it exists, as there wasn't a memory leak in the previous version it by definition "have gotten worse"

I mean isnt the BETA branch designed to find issues like the memory leak i dont get why everyone is so upset when THATS ITS PURPOSE AS A BEATA BRANCH like yes they should have maybe done more internal testing but its not like 1.5.5 released to the main build with a memory leak.

These things take time to fix so be patient

Any proper internal testing should have caught this and many other issues that have shown up. A beta branch is still meant to be tested internally prior to being released to the public

Back
Top Bottom