Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Like someone else mentioned here it's going to be another game announcement. Taleworlds likely has met their mark on tipping the community from being severely mad at the lack of follow up on promises and displacing all the veterans with drawing new players in who will just hand them money and will not ask for anything past that. They have found perfect modern day gaming balance where the people that do care have lost, or are losing, the war of attrition, and the people that don't care only play for a bit and then move onto the next game believing they've got their moneys worth of it. TW wins both scenarios: vets love the concept too much to fully give up and new players only care about like 10 hours of gameplay because it's their attention span. So there's a slowly dying mp community of vets and a revolving door of new players in sp. The vet players that just wanted an amazingly upgraded game to play endlessly like warband are the ones that lose.

As of currently, anytime I play this game I just abuse system after system in order to try to avoid other stupid nonsense that makes no sense. Whether these are bugs with systems or intended gameplay decisions, idk, but it really feels like if a game is in dev for over a decade that they could figure out bugs that modders figured out within 2 weeks of the game being out. I hate that we must accept mediocrity in order to get to experience the game fully. No matter who you are or what your playstyle is, you're encountering things that probably shouldn't be that way. For example, not a bug, but you must hold lords for indefinite periods of time if you are on a campaign because they will get released then immediately run back with 50 troops in 30 seconds. Just shows the lack of logic in the games decision making outside of "more battles = profit". Where's the self preservation? Send a man home covered in blood 3 times in a row over 3 days and recruits still want to sign up? It just feels bad to play.

I still will never forgive taleworlds for calling the game bannerlord and then giving us the least inspired editor i've seen since cyberpunk's infamous character creator. The TW devs need to contact modders and ask to implement their mods fully and this game would be amazingly detailed within 2 years. But it won't get more detailed because they still need it to perform on consoles and apparently they can't figure out how to do that.

(This comment brought to you by manhunter gang. Me and all my homies love manhunters and would pay handsomely in butter for their services in the bandit minefield that is calradia. Sick of sending Todd, my step brother, with all my merc cavalry to wander around until i need to refill him personally again or rescue him (again) from 90 bandit stacks)

Like someone else mentioned here it's going to be another game announcement. Taleworlds likely has met their mark on tipping the community from being severely mad at the lack of follow up on promises and displacing all the veterans with drawing new players in who will just hand them money and will not ask for anything past that. They have found perfect modern day gaming balance where the people that do care have lost, or are losing, the war of attrition, and the people that don't care only play for a bit and then move onto the next game believing they've got their moneys worth of it. TW wins both scenarios: vets love the concept too much to fully give up and new players only care about like 10 hours of gameplay because it's their attention span. So there's a slowly dying mp community of vets and a revolving door of new players in sp. The vet players that just wanted an amazingly upgraded game to play endlessly like warband are the ones that lose.

As of currently, anytime I play this game I just abuse system after system in order to try to avoid other stupid nonsense that makes no sense. Whether these are bugs with systems or intended gameplay decisions, idk, but it really feels like if a game is in dev for over a decade that they could figure out bugs that modders figured out within 2 weeks of the game being out. I hate that we must accept mediocrity in order to get to experience the game fully. No matter who you are or what your playstyle is, you're encountering things that probably shouldn't be that way. For example, not a bug, but you must hold lords for indefinite periods of time if you are on a campaign because they will get released then immediately run back with 50 troops in 30 seconds. Just shows the lack of logic in the games decision making outside of "more battles = profit". Where's the self preservation? Send a man home covered in blood 3 times in a row over 3 days and recruits still want to sign up? It just feels bad to play.

I still will never forgive taleworlds for calling the game bannerlord and then giving us the least inspired editor i've seen since cyberpunk's infamous character creator. The TW devs need to contact modders and ask to implement their mods fully and this game would be amazingly detailed within 2 years. But it won't get more detailed because they still need it to perform on consoles and apparently they can't figure out how to do that.

(This comment brought to you by manhunter gang. Me and all my homies love manhunters and would pay handsomely in butter for their services in the bandit minefield that is calradia. Sick of sending Todd, my step brother, with all my merc cavalry to wander around until i need to refill him personally again or rescue him (again) from 90 bandit stacks)
agree

Ship and Blaster if they pull it off and it becomes a success I do like Sci-Fi Maybe they will develop it together with the modders??????? I just wished they make the engine awesome first before moving on to a new game.
roger-roger-roger.gif

This engine isnt the right engine for a Shooter let alone a Star Shooter. Whats one of the most important concepts in tactical fighting? Element of surprise, first to Sights, flanking maneuvers, misdirection, baiting, ambush etc... Whats the one element of combat missing in this engine - All of the Above, it requires no Line of Sight in terms of knowing where enemies are. The AI always knows at all times cept for the silly little hideout scenes.

And no you cant just "Tape one on top" -its got to work and be designed in from the base engine and then all the usual other AI factors would need to be addressed along side that. I see no way that this engine does any of this better than an less-than-average shooter out there

Id like to see the option for console players to have access to pc mods, like we have on Skyrim. That way if the devs decided to give up on the game, we could still get our money's worth out of it.

They need to focus on single player at this point.

There are some major changes for combat that are needed - buffs for spears and armor, nerfs for archers.

Then the late game needs more work. Empire management and diplomacy are 2 areas that are really lacking.
Nerfs for archers isnt needed, especially if they buffed armour. Spears definitely needs a buff, i do agree with you there.

Late game, yes its very tedious and in desperate need of balancing, the AI is way too aggressive most of the time (especially on console) and youre forced tovwipe everyone out before your heir has even hit puberty, just so you can get left alone for 5 mins.

Back
Top Bottom