Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

They had an internal discussion and decided sharing news isn't in their current vision of the game. Please refer back to the 2 and a half years old future plans post that hasn't been updated since then for any information. The update will come out when it comes out.
This is something that has always bothered me. That post lead to near the biggest jump in concurrent players in the entire history of Bannerlord showing that hyping mechanics was a clear boost to people. Yet after doing it and then seeing low numbers for patches after they never decided not to do it again. Why would a company not do something simple that could boost your player base massively? If I'm making a game I want to do the best to promote it and drive hype so why stop knowing what your doing, which is near nothing could increase players. Why would a company not do something that boosted the popularity and give near the biggest jump in players more than anything else? The future plans plans post was 1000% the right thing to do and yet it's not done again.

This is something that has always bothered me. That post lead to near the biggest jump in concurrent players in the entire history of Bannerlord showing that hyping mechanics was a clear boost to people. Yet after doing it and then seeing low numbers for patches after they never decided not to do it again. Why would a company not do something simple that could boost your player base massively? If I'm making a game I want to do the best to promote it and drive hype so why stop knowing what your doing, which is near nothing could increase players. Why would a company not do something that boosted the popularity and give near the biggest jump in players more than anything else? The future plans plans post was 1000% the right thing to do and yet it's not done again.
This is the most stupid decisions a company can make in any sector. Your life market depends on how loyal you make your costumers to be, but not communicating to them, you saying they don't matter.

Idk how TW made this policy for a small studio they're bold to adopt such a thing not even CA and Bethesda dares to be silent on their community and they're huge.

I just hope eventually they place some good Game Lead Designer in charge and a better Decision maker. And rehire the best talents that they let go

How much good did the hype for Starfield do? Hype something up doesn't mean it will give a good result in the end. Best thing to promote something is have something good to show. Look at the recent reaction to the demo of Stellar Blade. Hype something then fail to deliver and you could just as well give yourself a good kick to the nuttsack. Could they share more about what is going on? Sure, but that is a whole other thing.

How much good did the hype for Starfield do? Hype something up doesn't mean it will give a good result in the end. Best thing to promote something is have something good to show. Look at the recent reaction to the demo of Stellar Blade. Hype something then fail to deliver and you could just as well give yourself a good kick to the nuttsack. Could they share more about what is going on? Sure, but that is a whole other thing.
I agree that you must deliver on the hype as many people were unhappy with the future plans post content that was released, which was 1.7. But if you think you can deliver on it, why would you not hype it up to bring massive attention. That is just smart business sense to do it so why would any for profit company not hype their product. That makes 0 sense

I agree that you must deliver on the hype as many people were unhappy with the future plans post content that was released, which was 1.7. But if you think you can deliver on it, why would you not hype it up to bring massive attention. That is just smart business sense to do it so why would any for profit company not hype their product. That makes 0 sense
The bigger the hill, the bigger the fall. Not everyone want to take the risk of falling. Over promise on something will just come back and bite you in the behind if you fail to deliver. Of which can end up have a much more severe effect on your business (look at the huge number of people who did refund Starfield) If we go by steam charts and numbers Bannerlord done quite good without "hype". Idk the numbers for egs, gog and consoles that would come in addition.

It's not even about hype though. It's about bare minimum communication to your player base. It's about getting as many eyes on your product as you can. Even some of the biggest **** shows in recent gaming history have had at least some form of plan going forward with their game and at the very least updated the community regularly. TW has said screw all that, you'll get what little we give you whenever we feel like it.

I get the point of not promising content that is not 100% planned to be added. I mean, people still **** on TaleWorlds about getting rid of the ability to change production in villages/build castles through villages, and they communicated to us that they scrapped that mechanic ~3 years before the Early Access iirc.

But their current lack of dialogue and secrecy is just absurd. We don't know what they are working on besides maybe claimants, and we only know that they're working on 1.3 in the first place because I asked them 4-5 times directly over several months. Sharing their concrete plans with the community would surely be positive for their bottom line. And they surely have concrete plans unless they've been hibernating since the release of Beta 1.2 around a year ago.

Last edited:
It's not even about hype though. It's about bare minimum communication to your player base. It's about getting as many eyes on your product as you can. Even some of the biggest **** shows in recent gaming history have had at least some form of plan going forward with their game and at the very least updated the community regularly. TW has said screw all that, you'll get what little we give you whenever we feel like it.

We know they are working on 1.3 as they said so. It doesn't help us going "are we there yet" as friggin Donkey in Shrek, it doesn't speed up things.

Because they don't have anything new to show and they know it.

We know they are working on 1.3 as they said so. It doesn't help us going "are we there yet" as friggin Donkey in Shrek, it doesn't speed up things.
And what the hell does this 1.3 even contain? I get subverting expectations, but at this point, it's not even about managing that, they just don't have anything to show.

Safe bet it'll be a few armor pieces, 2-3 town scenes added, a couple VA dialogues, with remaining 70% of it being fixing crashes/bugs.

And what the hell does this 1.3 even contain? I get subverting expectations, but at this point, it's not even about managing that, they just don't have anything to show.

Safe bet it'll be a few armor pieces, 2-3 town scenes added, a couple VA dialogues, with remaining 70% of it being fixing crashes/bugs.

Probably more of the same they have been doing, of which they stated in the release notes of the game. Anything else would be a surprise. People have higher expectations is a people problem though.

Back
Top Bottom