Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Release notes had nothing, it was a thank you with the patch notes of the EA/beta months prior turning into official release.

It's that May 2022 'plan', now 2 years approaching. Which they stated as much as nothing besides vaguely saying they will improve stuff and update with the community on the things discussed in that community the 3 years prior (which were yet to be addressed those 3 years). "Happy to share once we made progress on", nothing shared in the last couple months, so...no progress? No patch in recent months contrary to that exception/expectation either.

I had high expectations during EA/beta, the only expectation now is that we get a completed game on full release; 1.5 years later...Not this WIP bs, rare communication, and patch every (maybe) half-year. Worse for those on console, since it takes them nearly another half-year to get that patch certified for them.

The "release plan" post on Steam had as a section(road map) of what would happen post release. So far that what they been doing. I don't expect that to change unless they announce something else.

The "release plan" post on Steam had as a section(road map) of what would happen post release. So far that what they been doing. I don't expect that to change unless they announce something else.
Oh, those single sentence tidbits with such barebones plans to them that the stuff they added in the last 2 years 'falls' under that checklist? The same barebone checklist features from pre-release that lack the depth/QoL?
  • Auto-battle resolution? Just another change from a x3 to a x3.25 to siege? Is that the change they consider substantial? A change that will probably break the balance within a few in-game years testing, to be changed back in a patch 6 months later (console wait another year for that rubber band).
  • Companion 'variety'? Are they just adding another suffix and maybe some other middling stat template and calling that 'variety'?
  • Raiding changes? What exactly or towards what goal, no clue.
  • Settlement projects? No clue, it's been the same for 4+ years to date.
  • Diplomacy decision making? Lol.
  • Clan/kingdom lifecycle? That kingdom death change they made recently after we've been asking for 4+ years? Which doesn't really work as expected?
  • 'Mission atmosphere'? What does this imply? Just changing the dialogue of a quest and instead of collecting 500 grain, it's 400 grain?
  • Weather system? Took them 4 years to put this in and is still buggy/incomplete
They can keep adding nice feature verbiage, but none of it has or comes with substance, even if you're saying that we should accept it even if it takes another 3 years to add in?

Oh, those single sentence tidbits with such barebones plans to them that the stuff they added in the last 2 years 'falls' under that checklist? The same barebone checklist features from pre-release that lack the depth/QoL?
  • Auto-battle resolution? Just another change from a x3 to a x3.25 to siege? Is that the change they consider substantial? A change that will probably break the balance within a few in-game years testing, to be changed back in a patch 6 months later (console wait another year for that rubber band).
  • Companion 'variety'? Are they just adding another suffix and maybe some other middling stat template and calling that 'variety'?
  • Raiding changes? What exactly or towards what goal, no clue.
  • Settlement projects? No clue, it's been the same for 4+ years to date.
  • Diplomacy decision making? Lol.
  • Clan/kingdom lifecycle? That kingdom death change they made recently after we've been asking for 4+ years? Which doesn't really work as expected?
  • 'Mission atmosphere'? What does this imply? Just changing the dialogue of a quest and instead of collecting 500 grain, it's 400 grain?
  • Weather system? Took them 4 years to put this in and is still buggy/incomplete
They can keep adding nice feature verbiage, but none of it has or comes with substance, even if you're saying that we should accept it even if it takes another 3 years to add in?

Majority of the games I got in my steam library never got a patch a half year after release. Why you would expect them to add things you want 3 years down the line, one and a half year after game was released out of early access? idk... Them saying they working on a 1.3 put them above majority of games released on steam in regard of post release work. They not giving people what they want, that is another thing. Then again different people desire differnet things. My wants wouldn't necessary be your wants etc.

Majority of the games I got in my steam library never got a patch a half year after release. Why you would expect them to add things you want 3 years down the line, one and a half year after game was released out of early access? idk... Them saying they working on a 1.3 put them above majority of games released on steam in regard of post release work. They not giving people what they want, that is another thing. Then again different people desire differnet things. My wants wouldn't necessary be your wants etc.
You're phrasing it as if this is DLC 'extra' content, this is stuff that has been of issue since 2020, things they said they would 'discuss and get back', things they will be come but have yet to even 1.5 years after release, things removed years back then TBD reimplemented, things half-completed when it was pushed to 'official, etc...

I'm not asking for some new culture/kingdom, new armor, new skills, etc...but fixes. QoL/UI fixes, fix to the teetering 'equilibrium balance' because they don't test their bandaid solutions to issues, fix to perks not working, fix to income/workshop miscalculations, fix to castle scenes, fix to the cross-dressing, fix to kid clones, fix to 'missing' companions, and on and on.
And maybe, more than single sentence in their enyclopedia on how the 'complicated' game works (as I'm sure they aren't entirely sure they know and why it's so barebones).

I want them to finish developing the game. Not leading us on with no communication of this magical 1.3 patch. That even they cannot give any remote ETA on besides 'it will come'; cool, so will the heat-death of the universe and Star Citizen.

Finally I have completed a Sandbox game conquering all fiefs in Calradia. The only mod I used was Improved Garrison and my own personal mod with little tweaks. It took 30+ years of Canadian time. And I really enjoyed my first complete playthrough.
During my playthrough I experienced couple of game crashes because of my own mod.
What can I say about the game after 1200+ hours of gameplay? For me its one of the greatest games I've ever played. And I've been a gamer since 8bit NES platform. Played a lot of games in my life. I don't say this game doesn't have problems. It does have many and feels incomplete. But still it is very good game to play and totally worths its full price.
I can understand the developer, maybe supporting a released title for next couple of years for free of charge isn't very motivating and profitable. Maybe they should release paid DLCs with new features and new content, bugfixes? Maybe then things will go faster? Personally I wouldn't judge them for that.

The community loves this game so much, there truly is nothing else like it. Relying on modders to implement core features like Diplomacy and NPC interactions is ridiculous.

At this point you might as well start cutting checks to them, because they are the ones developing the game more than the actual developers

FYI, This guy is a TW employee's alt / sock account on this forum. The amount of bootlicking and defense force is obnoxious.
That's what I figured given he's the only person on this forum that consistently comes to TWs defense without fail whenever anyone has anything slightly bad to say about them.

We know they are working on 1.3 as they said so. It doesn't help us going "are we there yet" as friggin Donkey in Shrek, it doesn't speed up things.
We've long given up on finding when patches are going to be released lol. Hell, we're probably done trying to even figure out what's going to be in the next patch. We just want some kind of communication with the devs so we can know what's going on. It's been nearly a month since a dev has even spoken to us. Even longer since a dev has actually given us any info. You consistently miss the point of what we are asking here and reply to literally anyone who wants any kind of info with some passive aggressive comment of how we should be enteranlly grateful that TW even allows us to breathe in their presence.

We need at least some communication and information from the developers to know what they're up to. They're a company with around 100 employees, right? So how come it takes them so darn long to get things done?

We need at least some communication and information from the developers to know what they're up to. They're a company with around 100 employees, right? So how come it takes them so darn long to get things done?
I doubt they still have anywhere near 100 people working on the game, that would be extraordinary considering that no content has been added for nearly a year.

I doubt they still have anywhere near 100 people working on the game, that would be extraordinary considering that no content has been added for nearly a year.

True, although the team size is kind of a moot point imo. Its obvious to everyone this studio has poor leadership and even worse project management. Whether it's 100 people or 10, it's ultimately a rudderless ship without captains. My guess is that it's largely contract workforce that are just milking their wages, with no passion or commitment to the product. The community team especially is a sham.

I'd like to think they're working on a DLC or something big in complete silence. With all the game copies they've sold, they must have made a ton of money. They should be able to afford a great team and do some cool stuff for the game.

I really love this game so bad, I've sunk hundreds of hours into it. It pisses me off to see them leaving it so basic when they could add so much more, even taking mods that people have already made.

I'd like to think they're working on a DLC or something big in complete silence. With all the game copies they've sold, they must have made a ton of money. They should be able to afford a great team and do some cool stuff for the game.

I really love this game so bad, I've sunk hundreds of hours into it. It pisses me off to see them leaving it so basic when they could add so much more, even taking mods that people have already made.

When thinking about any sort of possible positive reasons for the current situation, something like "they have moved to a DLC model instead of beta branch updates" is really the only thing I can think of.

The problem is that doesn't really explain why they would need to go radio silent for so long or even why they need to end the beta branch fully. It's just really the only single positive outcome in a sea of negative outcomes that explains this situation lol.

When thinking about any sort of possible positive reasons for the current situation, something like "they have moved to a DLC model instead of beta branch updates" is really the only thing I can think of.

The problem is that doesn't really explain why they would need to go radio silent for so long or even why they need to end the beta branch fully. It's just really the only single positive outcome in a sea of negative outcomes that explains this situation lol.

Are people seriously considering buying any DLC Taleworlds produces for this game? Like after everything that has happened?

The game has been mess and it's clear that any DLC development post release will have the same problems we are currently facing i.e. frequent bugs, shallow implementation, basic and uninteresting features, zero communication from "community managers" topped off with the developers making little to no progress on it's development because they need to consider the consoles. Of course we also need to factor in their clear amateur level skill to implement interesting changes and features efficiently.

But most of all, the fact people want to give them more money after the slap in the face of ignoring their community for months on end (after valid criticisms) and use the guise that the community is just toxic, is truly insane to hear.

These forums were once a bustling place and they've ruined it. They can shove any DLC where the sun don't shine because it won't surpass what modders have already achieved.

Are people seriously considering buying any DLC Taleworlds produces for this game? Like after everything that has happened?

The game has been mess and it's clear that any DLC development post release will have the same problems we are currently facing i.e. frequent bugs, shallow implementation, basic and uninteresting features, zero communication from "community managers" topped off with the developers making little to no progress on it's development because they need to consider the consoles. Of course we also need to factor in their clear amateur level skill to implement interesting changes and features efficiently.

But most of all, the fact people want to give them more money after the slap in the face of ignoring their community for months on end (after valid criticisms) and use the guise that the community is just toxic, is truly insane to hear.

These forums were once a bustling place and they've ruined it. They can shove any DLC where the sun don't shine because it won't surpass what modders have already achieved.
Ok but speak for yourself. After hundreds of hours in Warband I have hundreds of hours in BL. And I've loved it. There is certainly issues with the game and sure I wish they could have done more but end of the day Mount and Blade is a unique experience and Bannerlord is still a good game. So yes, I want more lol. I would certainly much rather being playing the game and enjoying new content than complaining on a message board.

Ok but speak for yourself. After hundreds of hours in Warband I have hundreds of hours in BL. And I've loved it. There is certainly issues with the game and sure I wish they could have done more but end of the day Mount and Blade is a unique experience and Bannerlord is still a good game. So yes, I want more lol. I would certainly much rather being playing the game and enjoying new content than complaining on a message board.
And good for you then I guess. Supporting crappy behaviours and bad practice within the gaming community is your prerogative.

Call me old fashioned but seeing many other car crash releases over the last few years like Kerbal 2 and CS2 (to name some recent ones) has me thinking we should reward games we paid for being released polished or at least with an active community representative that notifies the customers when things will be finished or how things are otherwise progressing to a stage of completion.

Last edited:
TW please do something about armies almost always ignoring besieged settlements, almost never defending them. It never used to be this way.

Back
Top Bottom