Patch Notes v1.1.4

Users who are viewing this thread

After reading all these replies, I am left wondering what forum people believe they are on?

I remember back in the days of early access, informing Callum that this game would not be ready for release within a year. He was adamant that it would be. Now we are over 3 years on from Early Access release and the game is still not ready. Expect nothing and you will not be disappointed :lol:
right on my motto was "hope for the best but, expect the worst" and I was right. Look at how long it takes to do simple fixes. I don't care what TW says, they are either working on a DLC or another game. There is no reason patches/hotfixes are taking weeks when we have terrible bugs still hampering us since full release

right on my motto was "hope for the best but, expect the worst" and I was right. Look at how long it takes to do simple fixes. I don't care what TW says, they are either working on a DLC or another game. There is no reason patches/hotfixes are taking weeks when we have terrible bugs still hampering us since full release

Seeng they took this issue https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/order-of-battle-bug.457537/ as working as intended and slapped resolved on it. I don't have high hopes for other issues atm...

exactly, such dumb decisions. I am not sure who got these jobs but making such stupid choices that angers your player base is how you make sales or grow a company. Take a look at the steam database, Bannerlord is getting close to record low players on steam. Tells ya something as they used to rank in the 40's for players playing for over a year and now are nearing 70th. So TW, are you happy with those numbers, if not, what are you doing to improve it............................answer: Total Silence

At this point all our hope lies within the modding community to give us the long awaited total conversions such as Kingdoms of Arda, Old Realms, In the Name of Jerusalem and much more. TW has shown over the past couple months that they do not care. They took our cash, made some fixed some bugs and made some patches and changes based on what the game should be. Now, they have nothing to give us. When was the last development video? When was the last time a Dev came here to give us any kind of roadmap? They just dont care anymore...
I am officially depressed

IDK why everyone is so doom and gloom... They're still actively and openly working on the game.
MB has always been fairly hollow but very customizable in modding. I really want to get into modding but im too scared.
The first mod I would make would be making mini faction troops stronger than standard troops... Like it was in early versions.

The problem is modders feel defeated because the game is still actively being patched and those patches often conflict with mods.
Im betting there are a lot of great mods being worked on but they're just waiting for a solid foundation patch.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Could you give me some 1 on 1 programming/modding training?
I'll assume you will answer yes to giving out your time for free. Thank you in advance ;p

another problem is MB multiplayer used to be a fairly unique experience but now there are a ton of triple-A titles
that have "imitated" MB

Last edited:
another problem is MB multiplayer used to be a fairly unique experience but now there are a ton of triple-A titles
that have "imitated" MB
That isn't the issue at all. The problem is that during beta TW absolutely ignored the loud community feedback that they didn't like the class system. Then, TW didn't even provide multiplayer servers to entire continents worth of their customers, and still haven't to this day; and they took an incredibly long time to fix their frequently crashing MP servers.

Working on it! The patch is still in the testing phase.

all 4 lines of crash fixes?

what do you plan to do to get modders interested in this game again?

IDK why everyone is so doom and gloom... They're still actively and openly working on the game.
MB has always been fairly hollow but very customizable in modding. I really want to get into modding but im too scared.
The first mod I would make would be making mini faction troops stronger than standard troops... Like it was in early versions.

The problem is modders feel defeated because the game is still actively being patched and those patches often conflict with mods.
Im betting there are a lot of great mods being worked on but they're just waiting for a solid foundation patch.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Could you give me some 1 on 1 programming/modding training?
I'll assume you will answer yes to giving out your time for free. Thank you in advance ;p

that have "imitated" MB

because no one really cares about the game any more. they may be"actively" working on the game but releasing small patches every month that does nothing but break mods and fix issues that have either been introduced by them on previous patches or bugs that should have been fixed long ago before release.

i will quote a modder that illustrates very well why modders are abandoning their efforts: basically, not only do they have to update their mods frequently, but they also have to "fix the game" for TW. additionally, at the pace TW is patching this game, it will be in a decent finished state in 3 or 4 more years. modders have moved to greener pastures.

this game relies so heavily on mods to make it appealing that driving them away will essentially destroy the game (not that TW cares much anyway).

I've stopped playing Bannerlord and uninstalled it since I dont find it fun and short sighted. Taleworlds seems to want to take this game in the "hack and slash" direction with the depth of a puddle. I wanted to make mods to enhance the experience but find myself wanting to fix the very fundamentals of the game. This was a lightbulb moment that I want to love the game, but dont and would have to sink far more time fixing it than im willing to.

because no one really cares about the game any more.
Speak for yourself.
releasing small patches every month that does nothing but break mods and fix issues that have either been introduced by them on previous patches or bugs that should have been fixed long ago before release.
Agreed the slow pace of development is unhelpful. However, they are also working to fix issues for modders and 1.2.0 when it drops will be more than hot fixes.
i will quote a modder that illustrates very well why modders are abandoning their efforts
Lots of early quick mods were code based. Many authors moved on to other games and would have done so in any event. The better ideas have generally been updated by other more committed modders. Full conversion mods take longer and are still being actively worked on.
Any update can refactor the code base and require mods to recode elements to work on the updated version.
If you really want to see the level of on-going modding activity, look at the Mount & Blade Modding Discord or recent updates to Bannerlord mods on Nexus.

Add cultural voices in character creation that matches the culture you choose. The current sound like Battanians for everyone.

That isn't the issue at all. The problem is that during beta TW absolutely ignored the loud community feedback that they didn't like the class system. Then, TW didn't even provide multiplayer servers to entire continents worth of their customers, and still haven't to this day; and they took an incredibly long time to fix their frequently crashing MP servers.
I agree MP wasn't launched correctly and that it's still missing servers.. but atm MP is dead as a doornail...
They should've waited to release MP for the final game release. I don't see them buying servers for zones
that don't justify the cost, especially with their sales down the drain.

Just pray for a crazy nice patch and UNIQUE DLC that will bring back all those lovely live streams that keep sales up.

I have 1800 hours on the game and there's a ton I dislike about it but clearly, I enjoy playing it....

Taleworlds is an indie company that jumped to become a near triple-A content creator (in a country not known for game design)
they lack the farm talent that other countries have. Countries with hundreds of proven gaming companies.

EDIT: They seriously need to use that developer announcement page to update us.
Giving us bits and pieces within comment responses isn't enough.
Give @Duh_TaleWorlds or @Dejan a raise and have them do a short write-up every month.
You can fluff if with interesting things about the game that people might have missed.
Some of the town have insane detail

Last edited:
I agree MP wasn't launched correctly and that it's still missing servers.. but atm MP is dead as a doornail...
They should've waited to release MP for the final game release. I don't see them buying servers for zones

Just pray for a crazy nice patch and UNIQUE DLC that will bring back all those lovely live streams that keep sales up.

I have 1800 hours on the game and there's a ton I dislike about it but clearly, I enjoy playing it....

Taleworlds is an indie company that jumped to become a near triple-A content creator (in a country not known for game design)
they lack the farm talent that other countries have. Countries with hundreds of proven gaming companies.

EDIT: They seriously need to use that developer announcement page to update us.
Giving us bits and pieces within comment responses isn't enough.
Give @Duh_TaleWorlds or @Dejan a raise and have them do a short write-up every month.
You can fluff if with interesting things about the game that people might have missed.
Some of the town have insane detail
"Servers that dont justify the cost" Mf a single dude mantained servers for a decade and a company cant rent a goddamn server, its really disgusting that players have to pay for their own enjoyment for a game they've already bought. Not the player's problem, taleworlds problem.

I also dont know what purpose serves saying Turkey doesnt have a lot of gaming companies. What does it even change? Dudes can make games on their home computers, Taleworlds has been on this bussiness for more than a decade, it doesn't matter if they clasify themselves as indie, they can handle this game. Be honest, the real reason this game is in the state it is, which is not bad but could be way better (Not MP, MP is a disaster), is creativity and courage. They've rejected both community and THEIR OWN developers ideas which were constantly asked again and again. There is no justification in my opinion, just pure decision making.

I don't see them buying servers for zones
The cost absolutely would have been justified if they had done it before, when they had consumers owning the game and wanting to play MP. When they found they couldn't without suffering 200 ping, they quit, now nobody will want to buy a dead game in those regions.

You can't make an MP playerbase without servers. The cost is still justified now if they want it to ever be alive in those regions, they just need to advertise that they have servers.

Back
Top Bottom