Patch Notes v1.1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Try to read into what I said. I am not claiming one hotfix will make everything good. But adding new content that could create other problems adding to the already existing problems, doesn´t seem like a good idea.
I mirror the suggestion and explain in tl;dr manner: one hotfix won't fix anything, thousands hotfix won't fix anything until the actually features which should fix the problem.

It's like making a car move smoothly by painting it and fixing cracks on its carcass, without adding a pair of wheels first.

I mirror the suggestion and explain in tl;dr manner: one hotfix won't fix anything, thousands hotfix won't fix anything until the actually features which should fix the problem.

It's like making a car move smoothly by painting it and fixing cracks on its carcass, without adding a pair of wheels first.
Not sure if I get what you are trying to tell me. You think the game lacks something that would fix a lot of the current problems with the sieges, economy etc? The game feels a bit incomplete , would agree with that, but i fail to see what the devs could add that solve a lot of the issues. Reworking the economy would probably help, but i wouldn´t consider that new content. so what exactly do you think is missing?

Some issues (primarily stability related) can be covered by hotfixes that carry comparatively low risk because they do not change features and/or content drastically - and may thus be fast-tracked. These releases may also include some minor (low risk, quick) fixes alongside the more critical items. Other issues are best resolved by bigger feature and/or content changes or additions. These need to go through a more involved process - which is why they are typically bundled into one patch rather than individual releases. The clan kingdom lifecycle issues @Lesbosisles mentions falls into the latter category.

Both have their purpose and hotfixes do not notably affect the timeline for content updates.

ive totally given up on any significant improvement on this game going forward.

i have a tiny hope they will at least fix the broken crafted modifier once and for all since it makes the whole smithing levelling and legendary weapons pointless and have refused to play the game since they themselves broke it in one of their last patches.

normally a modder would have fixed this for them but alas modders are playing other games too now.

grafik.png
Yeah it's only been 10 years of cooking. What's another 10 years? Some of us might even live to see Bannerlord become a fun game.
I want new content as much as you, but getting it right now would be the worst. Sieges are a mess, the economy can´t provide enough ressources for all the new rebel and player created clans and so on. Do you really want to see new content slapped on these problems? In my opinion a fix first is highly needed before we can talk about new things, that will most likely also create new problems.
I said balance, content, and features (as in ones people have asked for). Any of these would be welcome. I am not calling for one to be prioritised over the other, that's your interpretation.

What I would like to be prioritised however is fixing the extremely unfun, repetitive, unchallenging or grindy aspects of Bannerlord's gameplay. And that can be done either by adding new features, or making balance changes/design tweaks.

my dude if you have given up on the project then delete your account and move on with your life. it's about time.
You first. I never said I'd given up on the project. Completely to the contrary, I support the project hurrying up and actually accomplishing something fun and fully functional.

Taleworlds does not need to be told to take their time. They've been doing that for the better part of the 2010s. You don't need to whiteknight for the company, in fact it is counterproductive to do so.

I support the project hurrying up and actually accomplishing something fun and fully functional.
what the hell are you actually talking about? you think you are the only one making mods, reporting bugs and suggesting improvements?
Taleworlds does not need to be told to take their time. They've been doing that for the better part of the 2010s. You don't need to whiteknight for the company, in fact it is counterproductive to do so.
it would already be helpful if you stop judging.
it takes the time that is needed. the release was already rushed and see where it brought the game. see what happens to other games when things got rushed. no matter if you think i whiteknight or not. indeed i criticise tw a lot but circlejerking in the forum 24/7 or throwing shade isnt helping anyone.
we all want to see the game in a better shape but what is fact is that noone at taleworlds is going to work faster just because of you demanding it.

they said they are working on a hotfix and that there is a content patch afterwards so chill and let them do their thing.

Last edited:
what the hell are you actually talking about? you think you are the only one making mods, reporting bugs and suggesting improvements?
If you actually read what I'm saying instead of making crap up, then you'd know.
it would already be helpful if you stop judging.
it takes the time that is needed. the release was already rushed and see where it brought the game. see what happens to other games when things got rushed. no matter if you think i whiteknight or not. indeed i criticise tw a lot but circlejerking in the forum 24/7 or throwing shade isnt helping anyone.
we all want to see the game in a better shape but what is fact is that noone at taleworlds is going to work faster just because of you demanding it.

they said they are working on a hotfix and that there is a content patch afterwards so chill and let them do their thing.
All of what you just said is proven wrong by the fact TW has gotten themselves in gear usually when complaining gets the loudest from multiple people.

What has never ever helped is tone policing or whiteknighting, making excuses for a company taking far too long to do their job. People have spent 3 years since release being nice and polite to TW and making excuses for them, it didn't help. The most progress on specific issues has been when they are complained about loudly for a long time, eg siege AI.

It is not unreasonable to judge a professional game company for taking 4 months of work to do what modders have proven they are capable of doing in a day, or sometimes even an hour. (Go look at Bloc's mod repertoire if you don't believe me).

It is also not unreasonable to judge a game company for having a game which is still horribly broken in many many ways 3 years after it became available for purchase. Normally an entire game takes 3 years to make. In light of this, why do you try and shut down criticism of Taleworlds? Because shutting down **deserved** criticism definitely won't make the game better.

If you actually read what I'm saying instead of making crap up, then you'd know.

All of what you just said is proven wrong by the fact TW has gotten themselves in gear usually when complaining gets the loudest from multiple people.

What has never ever helped is tone policing or whiteknighting, making excuses for a company taking far too long to do their job. People have spent 3 years since release being nice and polite to TW and making excuses for them, it didn't help. The most progress on specific issues has been when they are complained about loudly for a long time, eg siege AI.

It is not unreasonable to judge a professional game company for taking 4 months of work to do what modders have proven they are capable of doing in a day, or sometimes even an hour. (Go look at Bloc's mod repertoire if you don't believe me).

It is also not unreasonable to judge a game company for having a game which is still horribly broken in many many ways 3 years after it became available for purchase. Normally an entire game takes 3 years to make. In light of this, why do you try and shut down criticism of Taleworlds? Because shutting down **deserved** criticism definitely won't make the game better.

If modders fix all your problems, then what is the big deal? Or rmaybe they don't?

If modders fix all your problems, then what is the big deal? Or rmaybe they don't?
For PC, some mods so far can make it 'manageable' to compensate TW's shortcomings, but what about console players? The very players TW also decided to include/develop all tangentially for the same exact release date as PC; when the game still wasn't even 100% ready for PC at full release.

There's a lot of problems in the game, now ~3.5 years in, that should not be the responsibility of modders to resolve.

Devs 'deserve' any feedback going their way, whether that's a high praise or harsh criticism (strictly related to the game); if the mood is more (a lot) criticism of late, then that's what it is - they have not done enough to garner the praise.

Nor does it seem like the care either way.

For PC, some mods so far can make it 'manageable' to compensate TW's shortcomings, but what about console players? The very players TW also decided to include/develop all tangentially for the same exact release date as PC; when the game still wasn't even 100% ready for PC at full release.

There's a lot of problems in the game, now ~3.5 years in, that should not be the responsibility of modders to resolve.

Devs 'deserve' any feedback going their way, whether that's a high praise or harsh criticism (strictly related to the game); if the mood is more (a lot) criticism of late, then that's what it is - they have not done enough to garner the praise.

Nor does it seem like the care either way.

Come on now,if you take the loud voices of steam... They give flying f's about consoles. The loudest cries is asbout updates break their mods... and how modders will fix the game.. (of which clearly they do not).

Modders isn't some magicial beings,they just gamers that happen to have some added skills allowing them to tinker with mods as long as the interest there.. When interest fade, they go play some other games and mod for

Imho make TW aware of bugs and faults and hope they fix them is really best to hope for. Whatever else on top would be a bonus at this time.

Come on now,if you take the loud voices of steam... They give flying f's about consoles. The loudest cries is asbout updates break their mods... and how modders will fix the game.. (of which clearly they do not).

Modders isn't some magicial beings,they just gamers that happen to have some added skills allowing them to tinker with mods as long as the interest there.. When interest fade, they go play some other games and mod for

Imho make TW aware of bugs and faults and hope they fix them is really best to hope for. Whatever else on top would be a bonus at this time.
No, they need to finish what they stated they will - on top of the bugs/fixes (which should be the bare minimum). Or, they need to publicly/officially state the game is 'finished' development - so players can work with that expectation.
They put it to full release, then had the gall to also list out (guess still on the May 2022 'plans') they are still working on the game with missing elements. Not to mention we still have a beta-version with new features being put in or still TBD (ie bandit alleys/FoW).

It's not bonus, it's the minimum they set themselves, now 6 months into full release with the only things of 'substance' (struggle to see them being 'complex') they completed since then was FoW, Sally out, and Bandit workshops.

With regards to THIS GAME, modders have produced better quality fixes and side content than TW has.

TW IS aware of the sorry state of the game and IS aware of everything that is broken.

I won't speculate why they can't get round to producing a semi decent game though.

The answers are obvious.

1: when Taleworlds releases patches that don't really make the game more fun, it breaks the mods that make the game more fun. Sometimes they don't get updated for quite a while.

2: Many people do not wish to freely fix the game Taleworlds was paid to make. For example Bloc doesn't make his mods publicly available last I checked as he is annoyed at TW. Some modders are so tired of fixing the game - which is not what mods should be for, they should be for expanding a game! - that they have abandoned their mods due to radio silence from TW and extremely slow progress.

3: console players can't even use mods or even cheats.

4: The more mods players have to rely on to make this game functional, the more crashes/conflicts can occur between all the different mods. If TW would just fix the game and make vanilla fun and functional, modders could put all their focus on expanding it.

5: Taleworlds was paid by like a million people to make a functional game, so they should do that. The advertised features should function.

The answers are obvious.

1: when Taleworlds releases patches that don't really make the game more fun, it breaks the mods that make the game more fun. Sometimes they don't get updated for quite a while.

2: Many people do not wish to freely fix the game Taleworlds was paid to make. For example Bloc doesn't make his mods publicly available last I checked as he is annoyed at TW. Some modders are so tired of fixing the game - which is not what mods should be for, they should be for expanding a game! - that they have abandoned their mods due to radio silence from TW and extremely slow progress.

3: console players can't even use mods or even cheats.

4: The more mods players have to rely on to make this game functional, the more crashes/conflicts can occur between all the different mods. If TW would just fix the game and make vanilla fun and functional, modders could put all their focus on expanding it.

5: Taleworlds was paid by like a million people to make a functional game, so they should do that. The advertised features should function.

You don't have to update your game though. The game offers several versions you can stick to, to ensure it keep work with the mods you have installed. If modders is end of all, then you don't need updates and fixes from TW. Just stick with a version right?

The "poor" console players, is a bad argument, because mods isn't really a thing for consoles at all. You don't buy a game on console for the "amazing" mods... Also, not every player on pc use mods either. The vanilla game in it's current state is functional. There is some annoying bugs going on atm, like issues with sieges, but not really game breaking.

You don't have to update your game though. The game offers several versions you can stick to, to ensure it keep work with the mods you have installed. If modders is end of all, then you don't need updates and fixes from TW. Just stick with a version right?
You clearly didn't read point 4 or 5. As for never updating your game, then you miss out on every single advancement modders or TW makes.
The "poor" console players, is a bad argument, because mods isn't really a thing for consoles at all. You don't buy a game on console for the "amazing" mods...
I never said you did. Learn to read. I said you rely on mods to make Bannerlord functional. Console players can't do that.
The vanilla game in it's current state is functional.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Voting doesn't work
Diplomacy doesn't work
War score doesn't work
Personality traits don't work
Negotiating surrender doesn't work
Armour doesn't work
Troop/weapon balance is a funny joke
The main campaign is incredibly bad after you get past the very beginning
Minor factions are false advertising
The entire heirs/death system is basically irrelevant and still produces clones
The economy doesn't work and workshops are a pointless investment
Raising relation with lords is almost totally pointless
Strategic AI is still dumb
Tactical AI is either bumrush or shooting fish in a barrel
Siege towers and rams in many situations actually provide worse outcomes than just using ladders
Multiple formations are useless
You literally can't get max Tactics in a normal campaign
Troop AI doesn't understand how to use a spear
Morale is almost completely irrelevant
Multiplayer is dead due to mistreatment of the community, let alone entire continents that TW didn't even give servers for people to play the game they paid for

Need I go on? This isn't even a full list of nonfunctional stuff. This isn't even including the many bugs! Everywhere you turn, you can see incomplete or unusably broken features.

Last edited:
You clearly didn't read point 4 or 5. As for never updating your game, then you miss out on every single advancement modders or TW makes.

I never said you did. Learn to read. I said you rely on mods to make Bannerlord functional. Console players can't do that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Voting doesn't work
Diplomacy doesn't work
War score doesn't work
Personality traits don't work
Negotiating surrender doesn't work
Armour doesn't work
Troop/weapon balance is a funny joke
The main campaign is incredibly bad after you get past the very beginning
Minor factions are false advertising
The entire heirs/death system is basically irrelevant and still produces clones
The economy doesn't work and workshops are a pointless investment
Raising relation with lords is almost totally pointless
Strategic AI is still dumb
Tactical AI is either bumrush or shooting fish in a barrel
Siege towers and rams in many situations actually provide worse outcomes than just using ladders
Multiple formations are useless
You literally can't get max Tactics in a normal campaign
Troop AI doesn't understand how to use a spear
Morale is almost completely irrelevant
Multiplayer is dead due to mistreatment of the community, let alone entire continents that TW didn't even give servers for people to play the game they paid for

Need I go on? This isn't even a full list of nonfunctional stuff. This isn't even including the many bugs!! Everywhere you turn, you can see incomplete or unusably broken features.

- Voting doesn't work the way you want? Yet you can cheese the voting system by make other vassals spend their influence so in the ned you can ensure you always get your wanted outcome?
- What you want the diplomacy system to be, and what it is. Two different things. How doesn't it work for what it is?
- Afaik personality traits affect how other characters react to you and outcome of the "persuation game".
- If you want to surrender, you surrender. The AI never surrender...
- If armor doesn't work. Why you use any at all in the game, just go naked right?
- You will never get a perfect balance with so many different unit types and weapons.
- The gameloop become tedious in the campaign quest at late stage sure. But hardly a game breaking issue. Biggest issue with this quest is the first time you do it. There is ways to cheese it that make it a non issue.
- Heirs/deaths become relevant the longer you play the game. Idk what you mean about clones, but if you have 3 kids with the same person, it would be safe to say they would look similar. Take a game such as CK3, your offsprings looks similar there too.
- Why is minor (merc) factions false advertising?
- Workshops doesn't work, or workshops doesn't work the way you want them to work? In my current campaign I got workshops making between 300-600 a day.

Nothing on your list make the game "non functional". Non functional would be not to be able to launch the game at all, game breaking crashes etc. There is room for improvements, but to call it non functional is just doom'n gloom..

Also I don't see why you try to pick a fight with me in another thread I don't even post in. Being agressive towards people that doesn't necessary subscribe to your narative/agenda is just tbad form..

Back
Top Bottom