SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 877 51.1%
  • The show

Votes: 839 48.9%

• Total voters

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
I meant

"future" - as in "to be added in future versions of the mod"

and

"removed" - as in "was in previous versions of the mod"

Honved

Knight
Best answers
Just started playing this mod a few days ago, and I'm finding trading to be close to impossible. 7 points in Trade, but most items around the main areas of the island sell at best for about 5-10 less than they cost to buy, with a few items (lumber, in particular) selling for barely a quarter of the cheapest I've found it for sale. I only found something like 5-6 positive deals over a 3 month span, barely enough to keep my character from starving, and now the cost of those items is significantly higher to purchase and lower to sell, so it's not repeatable. Is this intentional?

My character has close to zero fighting skills, and can't hold his own against a single low-level bandit, because I do 0-4 points of damage per hit, and take 20-35 points from a single hit in return, plus the opponent has a faster swing. I lost the opening fight after character creation about 20 times in a row before accepting the fact that I can't win it. I'm assuming that the mod developer never intended for the player to start out as a merchant and gradually work his way into becoming a combat character in order to protect his trade investments, because this isn't at all entertaining. A restart with a combat-oriented character went better, but that negates the whole "plot" behind this campaign, since I still can't trade for a profit.

Otherwise the mod looks pretty amazing.

Grank

Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
Best answers
You could be a merchant very easily in ACOK even from the start. I've done it. The trick is to hire professional mercenaries when you first start in the tavern. They will ruin any looters you meet around the starting area. Of course, needless to say, bolster their ranks with regular levies too as meat shields and avoid fighting armored troops before you get a proper band.

The thing is, you can't rely on the auto assessment feature in this mod. As you've found yourself it's pretty garbage. You're supposed to know what city sells what and trade accordingly. For example, salt in Saltpans. The prices of such special commodities are pretty much consistent. It would take time to learn, but hey, that's what merchants do right?

Edit: You can get free items from the various special zones (caves and such) and sell them to start up your small warband and business.

Honved

Knight
Best answers
There's no point in hiring mercenaries when I can barely afford to feed my own character from his trivial trade earnings. As a lone traveler, I can outrun the bandits, so the only reason I would have to fight them (which I'm in no position to do without hiring those mercenaries) would be for loot, and I'm NOT trying to turn this character into a soldier until AFTER he's got a commercial empire to defend.

So far, I've covered almost the entire lower 2/3 of the map, and the only items I was able to buy and sell at a profit are now higher in cost where I found them and sell for less where I was able to get a decent price for them, because I've satisfied the market for the next couple of months after just 1-2 trips. Unless there are lucrative trade routes to and from the far north, I don't see a Merchant as a viable starting character in this mod.....unless you hire mercenaries, loot bandits for a profit, and totally ignore trading. In that case, why are you calling yourself a Merchant?

PhuongNguyen

Recruit
Best answers
The town and village scenes in this mod are phenomenal. There are occasions in which I feel like playing an open-world game instead of a sandbox battle-instance game. A lot a work a attention to details were invested here. Now I can no longer go back to other mods because of how small their cities layouts are.

A couple of points for improvement:
1. About the new one-handed weapon standing animation, when standing still for a minute with the sword drawn, it changes character into a stance which the player points his weapon at 60 degree to the ground and therefore clips through the ground, especially apparent for bastard swords.
2. The new two-handed weapon running animation looks wanky as the character grinds his blade against his neck and shoulder as he runs.
3. About the new bow standing animation, after the bow is drawn and standing still for 1 minute, the character pull the bow much closer to his chest that it clips halfway through his body.
4. Tournaments should limit the number of companions as participants. As of 7.1, having more companions makes tournaments feel like cheating because no other high-leveled lords can participate.
5. The "asthetics" of native female heads makes marriage a tough idea to swallow.

Last edited:

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
4. Tournaments should limit the number of companions as participants. As of 7.1, having more companions makes tournaments feel like cheating because no other high-leveled lords can participate.
After all my companions have >7 Power Draw and a Masterwork Decorated Longbow... It becomes rather difficult to beat them... So, I would back the companion restriction idea, but not because they make it easy, but because they make it difficult...

Or maybe ranged weapons could be disabled in tournaments?
5. The "asthetics" of native female heads makes marriage a tough idea to swallow.
A man marries a woman not because she looks good, but because he sees how good she looks! Just let your character emrace the true love =D

(Also female faces used in some previous versions made all the women look the same... Anyway, it is possible to change faces to those of your liking. With some tinkering.)

PhuongNguyen

Recruit
Best answers
A man marries a woman not because she looks good, but because he sees how good she looks! Just let your character emrace the true love =D

(Also female faces used in some previous versions made all the women look the same... Anyway, it is possible to change faces to those of your liking. With some tinkering.)
Ah, the savior of my love life and plastic surgeon of my wife's. Please tell me how to integrate female faces from Perisno mod to ACOK without changing the male head mesh. I'm not so confident in dabbling with those brf and py files myself :sad:

By the way, another point for possible improvement I came across is about arena melee fight. Most of the times, I was hit with something by someone right after spawning in the arena. This is due to either the arena is too small or the spawn points are too close to one another. I tested the arena in The Planky Town where I stand nearly at the center and swing my sword right at the moment a new combatant is spawned. With power strike 9, I can knock 80% of everyone out in one strike right after they are spawned without enough time to raise their shield for defense, ending 35-40 opponents in around 4-5 minutes. It feels kind of cheap for a quick and easy 250 silver stags and a bunch of proficiency.

Last edited:

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
Ah, the savior of my love life and plastic surgeon of my wife's. Please tell me how to integrate female faces from Perisno mod to ACOK without changing the male head mesh. I'm not so confident in dabbling with those brf and py files myself :sad:
Well, I can not provide precise instruction for this, but you can use, as a reference, my small guide on a similar exchange for one of the previous versions.

Basically, you need to find female face mesh in .brf AND exchange it for desired female face mesh AND exchange testures for female face variants too.

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
What? 8.0?! Is there a 8.0 version?!! A new one?!!! Release 2020?!!!!

Guys, a new version was released on Steam =D

(And, judging by how other versions were handled, ModDb would have it too, eventually...)

ArrogantAvenger

Recruit
Best answers
Don't know if this mod will still be supported and/or updated but as of 8.0 the Riverlands are really weak once the player completes all the quests and they tend to die around day 150 in my games, therefore I would suggest to a number of changes to rebalance Westeros when the player completes the story driven quests.

1) Don't let the Iron Islands attack the Riverlands when Balon declares on the North/Riverlands;
2) Let more lords from the Reach join Stannis after the player completes Crowned Stag (the Fossoway's, Florent, Meadows do in the books for example), this should slow down the Reach since they go ham on the Westerlands anyway;
3) When the player completes the night's watch quest chain and to not let the North die since they lose a bunch of territory to the Westerlands, let Balon die together with Robb (they don't die that far apart in the books anyway) making Euron king and declaring war on the Reach (symbolizing his invasion of the Shields and later Oldtown), this should also further nerf the Reach;
4) Let Dorne and the Targs declare war on all of the current claimants of the Iron Throne (so Dragonstone, Stormlands, Reach and Westerlands) for RP purposes.

shar_N

Sergeant
Best answers
Just heard the news on the Discord, good luck with the HRT Cozur (or should we now say, Cozura..??) :wink:

viperswhip

Sergeant
Best answers
I have gone back to 6.2, or 2.2 depending on what I want to do. This mod has been fairly stable since 2.2, so you know, just play whatever works. I didn't like 8.0 as much as either of those versions or even 7. Man I can't wait for these mods to get into Bannerlord, I do like that game more, there is a lot to like about Bannerlord even though it is not done yet.