SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Nothing beats going to Rosby, Old Oak or Rook's Rest to liberate some stranded lord... And discovering there is no Passage (Menu Item 7) to the dungeon in the scene =D

Well, Edit Mode again it is.

Just tried ACOK 8.0. To no surprise it's even worse than previous patches. Most of the bandits are removed and the map is just a boring, empty wasteland. Anyways, since this mod seems dead I will give my final two cents on it. I think AWOIAF has surpassed this mod in almost every way, and there really isn't any reason to play it sadly. The few features that ACOK has over mods such as quests are superficial when it comes to the longevity of gameplay. As an example, the quest to go to the east and go to Mereen was redone and revamped completely with every patch. But to what end? A quest like that will not take up 1/10 of a playthrough. It adds nothing in the long run, yet such an absurd amount of work was put into it with each patch. Amazing that ACOK 2.0 is still the pinnacle of this mod, all Cozur had to do was build on it, make it better, and stop removing then reimplementing content. But she couldn't listen to criticism. She lashed out, threw tantrums and ignored everyone, insisting that 'her vision' is what mattered. Well, if her 'vision' is a lifeless, boring mod then she got it. I just hope she doesn't carry this behavior of refusing to listen to constructive criticism into real life.

Just tried ACOK 8.0. To no surprise it's even worse than previous patches. Most of the bandits are removed and the map is just a boring, empty wasteland. Anyways, since this mod seems dead I will give my final two cents on it. I think AWOIAF has surpassed this mod in almost every way, and there really isn't any reason to play it sadly. The few features that ACOK has over mods such as quests are superficial when it comes to the longevity of gameplay. As an example, the quest to go to the east and go to Mereen was redone and revamped completely with every patch. But to what end? A quest like that will not take up 1/10 of a playthrough. It adds nothing in the long run, yet such an absurd amount of work was put into it with each patch. Amazing that ACOK 2.0 is still the pinnacle of this mod, all Cozur had to do was build on it, make it better, and stop removing then reimplementing content. But she couldn't listen to criticism. She lashed out, threw tantrums and ignored everyone, insisting that 'her vision' is what mattered. Well, if her 'vision' is a lifeless, boring mod then she got it. I just hope she doesn't carry this behavior of refusing to listen to constructive criticism into real life.

I found this mod after all the developer drama happened, so I cannot comment on that part.

My feeling when playing this was that I admire the work what went into this, but unfortunately this is not for me.

pros:
- the textures are very nice (but most have a brown-ish tint for some reason)
- the custom scenes are very nice, and I didn't find bugs related to them
- the big thing for me were the sieges: it is really a hard thing to implement, but having a possibility to actually conquer custom cities, not just having a ladder and wall scene is awesome

cons:
- the biggest problem is the weapon balance. This is the single reason I stopped playing the mod: everyone and their brother is well-armored, but than the troops are mostly given cutting weapons. This means that you have to hit a bot in the head 3-4 times before he falls (a good example of this is the tutorial fight, where the enemy doesn't even have a helmet, but requires 3-4 head hits to defeat)
- the weapon balance of course reaches further: there are complete troop trees which are 100% unusable in field battles, because they cannot defeat armored units _at all_*
- the map is off balance. It is difficult for me the phrase it correctly. I mean the settlement density and placement make it very hard for the AI
- trading is not working in this mod at all
- the majority of the one-time fetch quests are very boring, BUT they usually give an insane reward

undecided:
- I don't know if that it intended or not, but the mod is very funny in a Monthy Python-Warhammer 40k kind of way. Everything is twisted-gnarled-ancient, and the crapsack world stuff is so overdone, it becomes funny.

This mod was a heroic effort, but unfortunately it's not for me. Because of the weapon problems, and the resulting unsatisfying melees, I cannot play it even if I don't care about the trade (and cheat myself 5-6 enterprises), and not doing the custom quests at all.
This would work much better in a game which is less about emergent gameplay, and more about story.

* I am not certain about this, but I have a feeling that the weapon and armor stats were imported from 1257AD (or one of it's derivatives). But when doing that, the increased power strike to troops was _not_ added. The latter part is actually crucial in the balance of 1257. This is only theory-crafting of course.

No one is interested or asks about this, but right now I am having a blast with ACOK 8.0 !

Created a character, the goal, as I like to set it, was to prevent King's Landing from falling (except to Player's forces).

300-sometning days later, my character's fledgling faction is threatened by the impending war with the huge Westerlands, who control more land than the Vale initially and have no serious enemies (Riverlands and Dragonstone reduced to 1 castle each (and even those I have provided for them in the North, Reach signed a peace treaty and is another superpower, Stormlands retreating to Essos (again to a remote castle I've provided for then in Norvoshi lands), and King's Landing was not taken by anyone, hence Myrcella is alive. Oh, Lord Commander Mormont and King Stark do not fare as well, both murdered by their own people).

Ah... Is not this true entertainment, to command a team of 29 immortal machine-gunners longbowmen, to court and marry a beautiful green-eyed southern lady, to help peaceful peasants fend off bandits just before the harvesting season?

(Ah, yes, I do use some tweaks, major being having all the companions and not any shield-bash.)

So, while having a blast with ACOK 8.0 I got rather annoyed by AI being stuck at large trees ("aspen"s) in various battle scenes.

And so I found out a lot of the battle scenes do not have AI navmesh.

And then I decided to edit them (and maybe then send them to Cozur, or just upload as an addon on moddb or whatever.)

But, turns out, some scenes I can only edit long enough if they are loaded right after I start the game (otherwise - crash). Yet them battlescenes are chosen randomly when the battle starts...

So my question is - is there a convenient way to load EXACT battle scene I need?

@Cozur And what do I do with the couple dozens of scenes I've already edited to be better? :wink:

Last edited:
Hello Fellow Kids,

I made a submod for ACOK 2.0 that features new bandit spawns, new units, new items and a bunch of other tweaks which you can download here:

Don't paste it over any existing ACOK patch, just use the file that is downloaded.

If you want to see the new units:

Can you reupload this? download is down I would like to enjoy the great work you have done.

Did she really removed the bandits from the 8.0? Why??
I was so hopeful to find a better version of this mod after not playing Warband for 3 years...
>she

Hi all.

ACOK is no longer being developed, and 8.0 or whatever I named the final version is THE final version.

I've moved on to Bannerlord, but it will not be an ASOIAF mod.

I've also closed the Discord, as it was becoming full of right-wing trolls and wannabe nazis.

For some reason, a rumour has been started that I've started HRT. I assume it's been started to embarras me, and because the OP believes it would. I couldn't care less, and fully support anyone who feels like the gender they where assigned at birth does not represent who they are.

As a closing note:

ACOK was a project I started in 2011, and spent almost 10 years working on in my free time. In that time, I received death threats, harrasment, was the recipient of weird, unfounded, rumours, had my actual real-life personal information tracked down and much more that I can't even remember anymore. I also had a lot of extremely insightful and enjoyable conversations with a lot of people, and I am extremely grateful for everyone who helped me making the mod.

Some people are awesome, and I've highly enjoyed interacting with each and everyone, both in this thread, on the Discord, the Patreon and Moddb. Some people are weird losers, and I've loved every second of salty misery I've apparently caused you by not making the stat-change to a certain weapon that you felt you've deserved. It's been very obvious to me that some of the people that have cried the loudest at some of my decisions have had a hard time letting it go, and yes, I've made certain changes just to piss these people off - and laughed while doing it.

Peace out!

Thank You Cozur for giving us this wonderful Mod. Sorry to hear about all the bad things that happen to you during and after the development of this Mod.
Wish you all the Best in the future!

Note: can you Upload the Final Version(8.0) to ModDB for the one who can't bother to check or don't know about the Steam Version.(As a Last Goodbye on ModDB)

Last edited:
In that time, I received death threats, harrasment, was the recipient of weird, unfounded, rumours, had my actual real-life personal information tracked down and much more that I can't even remember anymore.
Why so? What did you do to those people? Did you receive the backlash for putting your time into the project and being dedicated?

Hi all.

ACOK is no longer being developed, and 8.0 or whatever I named the final version is THE final version.

I've moved on to Bannerlord, but it will not be an ASOIAF mod.

I've also closed the Discord, as it was becoming full of right-wing trolls and wannabe nazis.

For some reason, a rumour has been started that I've started HRT. I assume it's been started to embarras me, and because the OP believes it would. I couldn't care less, and fully support anyone who feels like the gender they where assigned at birth does not represent who they are.

As a closing note:

ACOK was a project I started in 2011, and spent almost 10 years working on in my free time. In that time, I received death threats, harrasment, was the recipient of weird, unfounded, rumours, had my actual real-life personal information tracked down and much more that I can't even remember anymore. I also had a lot of extremely insightful and enjoyable conversations with a lot of people, and I am extremely grateful for everyone who helped me making the mod.

Some people are awesome, and I've highly enjoyed interacting with each and everyone, both in this thread, on the Discord, the Patreon and Moddb. Some people are weird losers, and I've loved every second of salty misery I've apparently caused you by not making the stat-change to a certain weapon that you felt you've deserved. It's been very obvious to me that some of the people that have cried the loudest at some of my decisions have had a hard time letting it go, and yes, I've made certain changes just to piss these people off - and laughed while doing it.

Peace out!
So that is your integrity and thank you to your fans? Ruin your mod on purpose with bull**** changes? Lol. All because you can't really take criticism.

I never updated this mod beyond version 2.2 because I didn't want to lose my Essos Empire. I was wondering about some of the more recent releases. I hear some of the later versions are almost unplayable. What is the definitive, best version of ACOK? Which version gives you the best experience?

Well but Anderthalbhänder (Bastardswords) were not meant to fight with in one hand over a long time. It's just too heavy and too long, if you swing if with power you will not be able to control it good enough. Of course you can use it one handed for some manoveurs but not over a long time. I think it is fine as it is.

One Question, is it possible to reactivat the fighting moves of 0.7? I liked them very much and I just wanted to use them. I know that you (Cozur) said you didn't like them and deactivated them for that reason.

Sorry for my bad english.
God speed you sir or ma'am. But my first reaction was like it. What?!?!?!? Second was like it. It's not true. God bless you sir or ma'am :smile:

I never updated this mod beyond version 2.2 because I didn't want to lose my Essos Empire. I was wondering about some of the more recent releases. I hear some of the later versions are almost unplayable. What is the definitive, best version of ACOK? Which version gives you the best experience?

It's been a while but iirc 6.x was my favourite one, although it took a bit of editing to balance things out (either the armour soak values for cutting damage need to be lowered quite a bit or the troop trees need balancing to have more troops using blunt and piercing weapons, otherwise factions with low tier troops who use maces are OP compared to factions that use swords). I had a lot of fun playing as a freelancer and working my way up to knighthood, the problem I kept running into was a bug that seemed to make the game crash whenever you captured certain cities. IIRC it was Ashford that kept crashing every time. It might have even crashed when the AI took the city without me being around but I'm not sure about that.

Damn I might have to download this mod again.

Edit:
@Cozur sorry your fanbase so messed up. What's the BL mod you're working on?

Still the best mod that has ever been developed for Warband and that is saying quite a lot with all the TC mods competing out there (i smell jealousy). Don't care what you did, don't care what others think you did, it's a "their problem" situation.

I will be missing your work, i can only hope you also support Bannerlord with your awesome modding capabilities when the tools are available one day.

Take care and from the bottom of my keg, thank you for all the hard work you put into Clash of Kings.

Vote: I prefer the books by a country mile, season 6, 7 and 8 was just beyond terrible and it ruined the entire show for me, never watching it again, i'll read the books again gladly.

I had more Game of Thrones from your mod than i did with the show. I could explore content that was never possible in the show, making decisions that was decided before my eyes, and i could make sure the honourable won the games rather than a dragon and a bastard.

Last edited:
It's been so long since I've played this mod and warband, time to redownload both and see how many things have changed, what were added, and what not. Damn excited to play and see the new juicy stuffs added.

Back
Top Bottom