Fitness and all things fitness related (AKA: Eat your goddamn oats.)

Users who are viewing this thread

i didn't have much time yesterday but didn't want to skip exercising either so I thought doing some pistol squats in my short time would be a good idea. Then we drove for 10 hours non-stop, and after all this sitting my legs and ass hurt so ****ing much I want to cut them off.

I have been on a 400~ calorie deficit for last two weeks and my running really took a hit(fair enough). But I’m getting worse at every run(even though my resting heart rate seems stable) and I’m really bummed out. Was that inevitable or is that a sign that I need to eat more?

How much worse? Two weeks on -400 is not particularly harsh*, so you shouldn't drop from say 6 minute mile to 10 minute. It could be lack or poor quality of sleep, bad quality of the food you do eat, or general stress leading to inefficient recovery. It could be an unrelated inflammation. Or leg cancer :razz: Could be a bunch of things. But as a rule of thumb, you will eventually get worse if in calorie deficit long enough, especially after you're past beginner gains.

* I assume that's -400 net, not -400 from your BMR

kurczak said:
How much worse? Two weeks on -400 is not particularly harsh*, so you shouldn't drop from say 6 minute mile to 10 minute. It could be lack or poor quality of sleep, bad quality of the food you do eat, or general stress leading to inefficient recovery. It could be an unrelated inflammation. Or leg cancer :razz: Could be a bunch of things. But as a rule of thumb, you will eventually get worse if in calorie deficit long enough, especially after you're past beginner gains.

* I assume that's -400 net, not -400 from your BMR
I didn't respond to this because you are much better in running so i felt insecure.

My PR in 5k a few weeks ago was 21.00 mins. It got progressively worse over last a few weeks and now it's around 24 mins. But it has stopped getting worse so I'm less worried. But I would be sad if I can't recover to where I was after the diet is over :sad:

Sup bacon *snippers*.
A while back i bought some powdered meal replacement shake for a hiking\camping trip so I didn't have to cook so much without living off junkfood. It was vanilla flavoured and rather delicious. I've been thinking of buying something similar because it tasted really good, but iirc it was fairly expensive. Can anyone recommend a tasty af and reasonably priced vanilla protein powder (protein + carb would also work)?

No, although I have also tried huel before. It tastes ok but it's texture is rather unpleasant. Not super unpleasant but not particularly tempting.

I think the "gold standard" is optimum nutrition. I tend to use nutrabio if I don't think I'll get enough protein on a given day. The meal replacement ones are probably a lot more sugary than the protein powders, but the protein powders are fine enough if you shake them enough. Also, milk works ten times as well as water.

Keep hearing about a carnivore diet recently, apparently it works wonders. Bear in mind recently being key. I also noticed Veganism becoming more widespread recently. Perhaps the carnivore diet's a counter-push due to people not purchasing meat products as much?

1. it doesn't work wonders
2. meatless products have been growing in market share for a while now and more people are making an ethical choice, along with perceived health benefits

Wigster600 said:
Keep hearing about a carnivore diet recently, apparently it works wonders. Bear in mind recently being key. I also noticed Veganism becoming more widespread recently. Perhaps the carnivore diet's a counter-push due to people not purchasing meat products as much?
It only works if you clean your father's gulag.

:lol:
I've seen a few cases of people with serious health issues who reckon that the carnivore diet fixed them but I wouldn't want to give it a try unless I was seriously desperate. Meat is great to eat but so is a lot of stuff that isn't meat. Also the lack of fibre could have some pretty bad consequences.

Started going to the gym in Februrary and renewed my MMA club's membership last week as well. Trying to work out at least five times a week now and it turns out the hardest bit is dieting. I either eat way too little (tracking with MFP) or pure junk, there is no inbetween. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I really need to start packing lunches for the days I need to be at the uni for longer than two hours.

Went to a commercial gym for the first time in a long time last week (I usually go to my tiny local school's gym) and it was interesting, to say the least. Barely anyone working legs, most people hitting machines and treadmills and lots of chicken legs. It's amazing how much misinformation people are spreading about fitness and healthy eating as well, at least around here. Most peers I've spoken to seem to think dieting does NOT fall back to the basic 'calories in vs calories out' principles and also seem to think you should focus on specific muscle groups each workout, even when you only workout twice or thrice a week.

I really need to stop getting irritated by this ****, starting to develop Bill Burr's syndrome already. :ohdear:

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
Big Bad Pent said:
I'm intrigued. I googled around and didn't find anything that would compare as an actual meal replacement. Lots of protein powders posing as meal replacements and some keto powders, but nothing with all 3 macros in good ratios, let alone micros. I ordered the 7 pound pack, so I excited to find out how much disappointment I am in for. It looks really good on paper, the composition, it's vegan, low GI and ~ 90 kcal/1 dollar.

Back
Top Bottom